1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A.D. : VP, craps & ? /Cal, MSS, Fremont St, 6/20 -6/24

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by AyDee, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is killing me, I saw a quote on some streaming movie/doc after our return, it was similar to, but not exactly:
    “Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”

2. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "the sweet is never as sweet without the sour"
    (exhibit 3)
    VegasJun20-24 230.PNG

Other end of the spectrum, another night 3 players at MSS BJ, dealer has face card up, I get A7, soft 18. I hit. get 10, no change, stay. Stays all around, dealer has 10 down for 20.

Salty old green chip guy at third base starts laying into me with some nonsense about needing to be a team player and its a bad hit because so few cards can improve the hand.
    :clap:NOBODY HIT, SHE HAD 20 WTF:clap::nono:

I respectfully defer, and say that is the book play, he rants on about basic strategy is "full of lies, its about teamwork, whatever"..

I may go into rage mode soon here, (and I did telling P this story)
    (you know the thing where you come up with a great comeback an hour later)
    this is why, I try to give him face, tried to be as easy going as I can, telling him I hear what he's saying, I get where he's coming from, I'll ask what he wants on any sketchy hits..

(I do not rub in his face the strategy card I have in front of me that describes this play specifically for a 2 deck H17 table which is where we are, not to mention that is always the play)

next hand is my 12 v dealer 3. Perfect chance to defer to this genius. Ask around the table, "book says hit, I'd do it but I don't like it and can go by gut, what would you like, would you like the next card? no responses. Ask again, silence. Feel its a 10 and really want to lay it on him for a bust. stays all around, dealer shows 13, hits a 6, next deal shows a 5 as next card, I could have pushed.

All this time, I am just trying to be cool, easygoing and not start any trouble. He leaves in a huff. Dealer switches out and I bitch a little since I know her, she says, that dude is a total rude, nontipping, rageaholic asshole that all the dealers hate.

Suddenly, it feels like karma repaid,
    Go on an incredible run with this dealer, one of those headsup win nearly every one out of a double deck with dealer bet, and even a suited sucker pair bet, I guess 3 other pairs, and probably most bet more than my usual buck.

I know it's petty and bad karma, but after I took my up and left the table, I kept an eye on that guy at the $25 min table he moved to (ours was 5), and derived a bit too much joy watching him lose bad beat hands, idiot gut stands, or rebuy just about every time I looked.

It's a damn good thing I was taught to respect my elders.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Gate BJ
    exhibit 2:
    VegasJun20-24 228.PNG
    high limit

yay, doubled match play won!
    boo, I can't hang in high limit, makes me too tense and didn't have bankroll allocated, too early in trip. It's real nice in there though and a great 3:2, 2 deck, no side bet, quieter spot. Def want to play there again, esp w. my friends that roll higher than me.. The high limit slots aren't all ridiculous either.

got bored with Free Bet again, feel like I fool when I celebrate dealer 22s then remember....

thought I played a stretch on regular BJ but in the end it totals 35 min and $7 theo. :snore:

(we were doing that 4Q promo!)

4. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last BJ Story
    -Tony, "Green chip pairs"
    Ran into him on the tables both early in the trip and last morning at the crack on the way out.
    think I described the gist of it, he max bet the $25 on the pair bet (I explain it a little in the end of my last trip- 10-1 any pair, 25-1 suited pair, 2 deck, boyd MSS/Cal), as well as mid level aggressive green chip betting (w me over here sweating a few reds with a buck or two on the sucker)
    and was actually hitting them..
    it was just cool when we could celebrate the sweet rush of when a degenerate sucker bet comes through big.. the $250 payout on any pair would cover whatever he lost on his main bet, and I'm pretty sure he caught one suited for $625. I'm still good with consistent small bets on it, but he inspired me to at least try some $5 stabs instead of my usual $3 max.

The last morning (me no sleep again) we meet up again, 4 at a table, the other two that never bet it, and dealer too, were catching raining pairs, the lady to his left got 3 in a row, one suited... oh, our shared heartbreak!

another pair bet sighting, (seems more people are betting it than I used to see.. once u hit a suited you will be hooked.. be warned).. A guy that was doing it regularly for $5, was continuously badmouthing how bad the bet is... He got one or more.. I congratulate people that ignore it.

Last BJ note I can remember, for the first time I met someone that tipped dealers as much/if not more than me, it was at the "everyone eats" table (where everyone decided to get a pit comp after I did), she had dealer bets up on every hand for both the BJ and sucker bet (which is a nice cheap shot at a $10 or $25 tip). IIRC she caught a suited pair paying $125 for $5 that got her back in the game.

(side tangent shoutout to tipping threads, how great does it feel when you spread the dealer tipping contagion to a whole table, esp hitting "bribed" blackjacks.)

(correction, I have seen players tip more than me for sure, I just want the consistency title)

• Like Like x 2
  5. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darryl epilogue: I seem to recall the saying occurred in an episode of Netflix's "The Chef Show" called "Remembering Jonathon Gold".

karma prize to whoever finds it: (I could be wrong it could be from something else, still great stories, there was also a documentary about him)

6. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    alright, got to keep up or lose momentum,

VP :
    "The stank of death"

To quote the LVA DDB strategy notes,
    "In a normal playing session of two to three hours, you can expect to lose twice as often as you win. In a session of 5,000 hands (approx 1 day play), you have a 1% chance of losing an amount equal to a royal flush in 10/6 DDB" (compared to 3/4 of a royal in 10/7 DB and 1/2 a royal in 9/6 JOB)

I had the stank of death and have seen recent reports from both sides of the variance fence, so I don't feel that horrible about it.
    Me, I played maybe a few hundred before, a few hundred after (0.25), and an entire VP tournament without seeing a single 4OAK. (I may have quit several sessions halfway in disgust). At least that entire tournament drought wasn't paid for in hundred dollar bills. Four days! and this trying to play 4Q VP for the promo too.

Had to resort to dream card to get one, and it was only the very last night I broke the curse, the machine went into "Savior"" mode but it was far too late.

Luckily for VP picture lovers, P did better. (mind you this is often with me drowning next to her, still waiting on my first..):
    maybe this was my goof hit?:
    PVegasJune 007.JPG PVegasJune 008.JPG PVegasJune 042.JPG PVegasJune 043.JPG PVegasJune 053.JPG PVegasJune 054.JPG PVegasJune 055.JPG PVegasJune 056.JPG PVegasJune 065.JPG PVegasJune 066.JPG PVegasJune 067.JPG
    My consolation prizes and my final drought ender? Guess I was riding 7s and deuces...
    VegasJun20-24 055.JPG VegasJun20-24 122.JPG

VegasJun20-24 054.JPG
    PVegasJune 085.JPG

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CRAPS:
    I think I already described the high point earlier (last night at 4Q),
    MSS I put in so much time each night I will need to consult the notes

CAL: after a full table rotation of brutal PSOs, with a cool vet guy next to me, got a roll warmed up, was getting in the groove, then the damn dealer call to "hit the wall please" (NOT the boxman, and I had been with at least one die every time, didn't feel shook by it) brought the seven out. not cool.

Am I wrong in remembering the old school cool the shooter move was bring chips to table and halt game? This trip everywhere I was, they encouraged people to just shoot over or around the boxes and chips coming in, and it seemed to work just as well.

Last night craps teaser:
    VegasJun20-24 227.PNG
    Hard to make a long story short, I'm not scared of most people, as I described in a previous post, I can make friends with a guy that got tattoos on his face and spiderweb tattoos on his neck, but something about this guy was triggering my spidey sense, he sidled up to the MSS craps table, which was rollicking late at night with hawaiian love, clutching a crumpled dollar or so in his hands, eased up to the rail, started making idle conversation, never betting or playing, but crowding up as if he were, I made the mistake of giving him space, as I kept moving my chips away and covering them with my hands. I tried to gently ask, "you playing" he said "no, just killing time, its like a live spectator sport". I kind of had him made as a chip stealer.. He would not leave. He asked stupid questions like "can you tell me how to play this game?" me: "no, not now I'm trying to concentrate"... "Do you like to gamble?" ":mad::blink:". Basically he made me mad uncomfortable and I may have been betting to lose and leave (well, equally to win and leave I guess) but I couldn't stay there. I hope that wasn't a VMB member, because I did point him out to security for the sake of the nice young lady and baller foreign guy I left him between. I just said he did not do anything (yet) but seemed a bit suss and maybe they could keep some eyes on him.

You ever see anyone with crazy eyes? I think he had crazy eyes.

Table would have been great otherwise, great group of ladies playing the last night and whooping it up.. I actually restaked later and went back to see if they were still on but they had left, probably to check out and fly home.

Also, earlier, on that same table, the nice young lady was on a hot roll.. I was doing the craps ettiquette move of not buying in mid roll, she was landing tons of points, it was agonizing. She hits her point and I buy in, then the guy to her rights buddy shows up and starts drunkenly and loudly running his mouth.. meaningless drunken drivel.. She sevens out and loudly complains about it being noisy in her ear. ( I agree).. Crew passes me as shooter to foreign baller, he's cool and tells em to let me throw.. I let the table down.. :(. Rolls are good until creepy dude shows up.. He doesn't seem to bother anyone else but me, but I also don't like him crowding next shooter.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  8. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    o/t for the cat people:
    btw Orphie, aka Wolverine has not gone towards the bright light yet.. So glad we didn't trap this handsome feral boy just to put him down.
    007.JPG

9. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No rapper deaths that I know of, but
    RIP João Gilberto:

10. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slot pics? Here's a dump of a few, see if you can tell where I went on tilt.. It was handpay greed after watching P hit something good with a $9ish bet and catching a comeback $600 on fumes. Mistakenly thought $500 or so into these machines max bet would get at least one feature free game.. Got a few disappointing ones, some blanks, and those machines sucked like hoovers.

This was a funny story, I mentioned before P wins slots when I stop watching and leave. At the DTG after a nice hit and run into HL, she was on fumes at some game (see wheel pic), three times, I gave her a kiss, loudly announced I was leaving (for the machines sake), then made about 10 feet before she hit a bonus feature. Then I would turn around, watch, and repeat. I think last one was that $240 wheel.. It was hilarious. They also had a decent first time card member freeplay bonus for the month.

I finally almost understand the craziness of these multiline games (breakthrough for me), in that no matches in columns from left to right will leave you dead on a bricked second reel.

not pictured (some back to back blazing 7s hits, a "beardy guy" hit, the big max bet hit)

at the end I was doing shoe on machine, prob should have tried sock.

I guess I didn't even hardly take pictures of my final buffalo diamond suck out, nothing worth noting happened.

Oh well, hopefully I learned something about slots to take to this upcoming Cosmo trip.
    PVegasJune 062.JPG
    VegasJun20-24 117.JPG PVegasJune 072.JPG PVegasJune 081.JPG VegasJun20-24 123.JPG VegasJun20-24 124.JPG VegasJun20-24 125.JPG VegasJun20-24 178.JPG VegasJun20-24 181.JPG VegasJun20-24 183.JPG VegasJun20-24 184.JPG VegasJun20-24 190.JPG VegasJun20-24 193.JPG VegasJun20-24 197.JPG VegasJun20-24 198.JPG VegasJun20-24 200.JPG VegasJun20-24 202.JPG VegasJun20-24 203.JPG VegasJun20-24 207.JPG VegasJun20-24 208.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun trip, in some of my favorite spots. GIves me VF (Vegas Fever).

• Like Like x 1
  12. AyDee

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess that's about it, dipped my toe into 3CP a few times for naught, played a little roulette w P at 4Q, covering her losses for once, so think I pretty much played it all. Never ever donked so much into slots, but for that shot at the big one (and when too drunk to do anything but hit a button) I kind of get it... Next time, I'd prob put half or more of that slot play into tilting at craps or BJ.. Then again it's going to be Cosmo.. I will make a need advice thread on that soon.

food for thought : did all you VP only players know craps with double odds is competitive in HA?, with decreasing improvements into higher odds (bankroll issues may apply)
    http://www.nextshooter.com/odds

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  13. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was quite a report! I really enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.