1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A buddy isn't allowed to go to Vegas

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by habs0nut, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And that's the way it should be. My expectations for the longevity of the control freak's marriage are very low. I know what I'm talking about - yesterday was our 40th anniversary.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, to each their own, but I was rather floored that after the 2011 story, she was still in the picture in 2012.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to the original thread topic, I don't think there's too much you can do about the guy with the controlling wife. Its his relationship, and his choice what battles to fight, and who knows what else they have been through.

But at the same time, I don't think his constraints should be those of all of you. If everyone else wants to and can do it in Vegas, do it in Vegas. If he can't come, oh well. If its headed to a strip club, go. If you're a tight group and feel bad leaving him out, arrange some other small get together he's allowed to attend.

4. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1
    This!

5. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow I wish I could find a woman who would try and "controll me" by having affairs.
    I would keep here very busy and all my friends very happy...

for a while....

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know we're all having a good time body slamming this woman. But, the fact is, nobody knows what goes on between a couple, in the privacy of their own home but them. And even then, there's still 3 sides to that story (what actually happened, 1st party's side, 2nd party's side).

There's a lot of possibilities of why she's putting her foot down with this. Yes, she might be an evil human being. Your buddy might be using her as an excuse. Money might be tight and rather than saying so, he's putting his beloved under the bus. He might have thrown a fit when she wanted to go on a girl's trip. Infidelity might be an issue on either side and there's no trust between them anymore. He might have refused to go on vacations with her, but now he wants to go away with you guys.

I could go on and on and on.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with your general principle (that no one knows what the deal is with their relationship).

But if you read the OP, this is not the guy telling the others that he is out because of the wife, this is the trip being discussed in front of wives and her shooting it down. Which is not only somewhat taking this guy down in front of his friends (instead of bringing up her issues later), but also sounds like she tried to get the other wives on board (you have to take all of us). So I very much doubt it is him using her as a scapegoat.

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevyn, I agree with you. I'm not married to any particular theory. I'm just making my point that we still don't know why she said that and we're very unlikely to get the true story from either party in that relationship. I'm not slamming the chick and I'm not defending her either.

9. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got to ask yourself, do you want to be a Stu, or do you want to be a Steve? :thumbsup:

[YOUTUBE]O8aHj_jCmZ4[/YOUTUBE]

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great movie!

I find it difficult to criticizing other people's relationships until mine is perfect. :wink2: Ultimately this has to be between those two.

11. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I agree but it would still be pretty tight. I myself have 5 weddings to deal with from August to October not to mention what some of the other guys have going on themselves. I would kill to make this happen but I think the idea gets floated by everyone who's having a bachelor party at some point.

Wow! I like some of the others can't believe she was still in the picture in 2012!

I believe in the end we'd rather do something different and all of us be there than do something like Vegas and be missing one of us. We have joked around about holding three separate bachelor parties. One very tame one that would include guys outside the group including from the bride's side, one a little less tame with the four of us to appease you know who and than a wild one with the just the three of us.

You bring up a very valid point, none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. Even though we know them very well and have a good idea of what's going on you truly don't know everything. She's super nice and I know he's happy which is what's important however I also think she's a little overbearing and is what I would describe as clingy.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a radical feminist but I understand her position on the strip club to an extent. However, it wouldn't be a major surprise to anyone that I would have a problem with it. At this point, he should have been able to tell his friends upfront that he wouldn't go to one out of respect to his wife or he would have told his wife that he was going to do what he wanted. The fact that it seems to have blown up in such a dramatic fashion is odd to me.

13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, tight = close. I meant that your relationship with each other is tight, so try and do something together.

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He may just love being married to a control freak...some guys love that.

That being said, Vegas is my favorite place in the world. My husband could go to a stag party in Vegas, but bet your ass I would be on the same plane! They could do whatever they want, but I will be a Sullys bar from 2pm to 10pm with possibly a short trip to stage door for a dog and beer, and a trip to see Po in the sports book.

B

15. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I've said the same thing:thumbsup:

As most of us have noted, we all have to figure out our own relationships, and just hope our friends are happy:peace:

16. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a blooming romance :eek!

17. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're being too hard on the girl here. I don't think it's unreasonable for a woman to not want her man in a strip club.

I'm not saying that's for everybody. But if that's your relationship, it's not necessarily a 'control freak' kind of issue.

18. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I do know that the "hangup" and problem my wife has with strip clubs is she thinks it is a brothel and men go there to buy sex. Not to say it does not happen and it is possible to contract a stripper for extra services but for the most part it is just a "tease".. I personally do not get anything out of going to strip clubs.. Don't get me wrong, I love women and I love to look at women but to me it is a waste of money and I get no satisfaction out of it.. It would be nice to just go and have a drink but it is almost always about the "hustle" with girls offering lap dances and VIP treatment and constantly having to say no, not interested in a lap dance. So I avoid going in the first place. Many men think differently though so just my .02 cents

19. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think its really what she objected to that makes it an issue. I don't think objecting to a spouse traveling without you or going to a strip club is unreasonable.

I think voicing those objections in a group setting, and basically dictating what the whole group can do based on them is not only controlling, but rude. She is leaving the husband the choice of appearing dictated to, or having an uncomfortable for everyone argument in public. And she is seeking to control more than her husbands agenda (again, by first suggestion that all the wives should come along if its vegas, and then by asking about strip clubs and forbidding them).

I would say its a pretty normal relationship if she talked this out with him in private and basically said he couldn't go. But from the original description that's not how it went down.

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, that's one possible read. But maybe the guy was too soft to just man up and tell his buddies himself.

If my wife and I agreed that I was not going to do something, when I told my friends, I'd be a man about it and own it, not blame it on my wife. Because after all, even if she's dictating, I agreed to let her dictate so it's our decision together.

Blaming your wife is just lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.