1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A buddy isn't allowed to go to Vegas

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by habs0nut, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think HoyaHeel is right on. Let him handle the problem because it's "He" who will live with the consequence. Maybe there are some things that are not common knowledge to anyone. Is he complaining about it or are just his friends? That will tell you alot right there. Either way, it is his situation and his alone.

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you trying to get the guy divorced or something? The main thing to do is not make a bad situation worse. Otherwise it will be more than his wife keeping you guys apart, it will be him.

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that HoyaHeel's approach is the best.

But I suspect Dunebug's suggestion contains more than a grain of truth :)

4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kill joy! I am sorry.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some guys use their wives as a handy excuse. Ask me how I know that. :rolleyes2: It may or may not be the case with this guy. But, fyi, it happens.

6. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they have young kids at home? If so maybe its not that shes a control freak but that she is mad to be stuck at home while he goes off for a fun guys trip. My husband has gone the last two years to Vegas with his buddies for the super bowl and while I didnt like it I didnt stop him or even give him a hard time. My conditon was he had to take me after and he has! Our girls are teenagers now but I dont think I would have been to happy with him being gone when they were really little and he never even thought to go then.

Anyways maybe dont be so hard on the wife cause you dont really know what goes on in someones relationship unless you are in it. Have fun with whatever you decide to do!:beer:

7. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless someone's better half, was fooling around on a cruise ship I would say your SOL. Of course you could say your in Napa.

8. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True! If I called my wife right now and said, "Hey I am heading to the strip club with some buddies", she would say, "ok! If yall get too drunk to drive home, call me and I will come get you". But it also works in reverse. If she wants to fly to New York or Dallas this weekend to party with some friends, I will tell her to have a good time and let me know if she needs me to pick her up at the airport. If they want to go to Chippendales or Thunder Down Under, or anything like that, it wouldnt bother me in slightest. Why should it? Life is WAY to short not to have fun and enjoy it all you can. Why would I deny her all the fun she can have? She doesnt like Vegas, so rarely goes there with me, but will occasionally to lay by the pool and drink wine. But she has never told me "no", or said "she has to go along". We are all adults here arent we?

9. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, no kids and probably aren't any in the future. He just turned 40 and she's in her mid 30's. She's also a gym rat so no need to be climbing on any treadmills. What confuses me is the fact that she's this far left leaning ultra feminist. You know the "I am woman hear me roar" type, you'd think she'd be a little more open minded.

There was a snowball's chance in hell to begin with of us actually going to Vegas for the stag. Cost probably being the number one prohibitor. My problem is her attitude towards the idea of it and also the fact she's trying to dictate what we may or may not do. Her hubby's bachelor party was years ago, been there done that. I wonder if deep down she's not so much worried about him but more so what the three of us might try to do with him present. The funny thing is none of us would do anything that would lead to our temporary incarceration so I'm not sure what the problem if that's what she's worried about.

Even if we were dead set on going to Vegas for it, we would never put any undue pressure on him and would just accept the reality of his situation. We would however continue to bust his balls about it for years to come.

10. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call me old fashioned, but thats no way to live. Being a twice married guy, learned my lesson on the first marriage. Me and Mrs. Funk have a balanced relationship. I keep watch on the marital favor bank account, which means thewife allows me the indullgences of my hobbies, but I never over extend the credit line. Keeping things happy and content means I go out of my way in doing nice unexpected things for her thru out the year. Guess thats why I don't have this issue. Of course wife gets same carte blanche she gives me.

Obviously this guys other half has trust issues, and that usually spells relationship doom. Anyway I'd be straightening that sh@t out in a hurry or moving on.

11. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has absolutely nothing to do with gay or straight. My guess is in the gay world, you have an equal number of control freaks to deal with.

As for habs and this trip, this is not about Darryl and his control freak wife but rather about your boy Alex and showing him a good time for his bachelor party. If Darryl's wife is going to be that way and keep him from going, then I guess maybe he stays home. Not fair to the others.

12. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pretty much don't go without my wife anymore. It's not a hard and fast rule, but we both are happier when we do it that way.

13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who spilled the beans? Was there a lull in the conversation? Bachelor parties are not to be discussed in mixed settings. I'm curious, was it Mrs. Tight Ass who brought this topic up? Or, did alcohol loosen the tongue of one of the guys?

With that said, you mention a Vegas bachelor party as being a snowball's chance in hell anyway due to finances of the some members in the group. You guys are tight so you should try to accommodate everyone, all for one, one for all.

I missed a lot of guy trips in the past because of young kids and finances. Missed out on two sailing trips to the Caribbean with my brothers and cousins, fishing trips to Florida, Striper trips in CT, and weekend college football games. Today, kids can take care of themselves and finances are improved, so its easier to go on guy's trips......I just have to remember my wife and not take her for granted.

14. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go on a couple guys trips a year to Vegas, no questions asked from my wife other than "Did you win and did you have a good time?"

Conversely, my wife goes on a trip or two a year to Hilton head with her old college girlfriends. No questions asked on my end other than "How's so and so doing?"

I think in a mature relationship you allow the other to have some space and the time to do things they enjoy.

That being said my wife knows that if I have an extra couple hundred it's going on the craps table not a g-string. That's what the European style pools are for!

15. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

16. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that you guys need to sit down and come up with a sales pitch that involves some education on "your vegas" rather than the Hangover/What happens in Vegas model. That's what I had to do. Once I sat her down and explained what I did in Vegas (which doesn't involve strip clubs, hookups, drugs, etc) she hopped on the bandwagon. I think that his wife probably has a naturally controlling personality, but the perception of Las Vegas that most people have is extreme.

17. VegasStevie

VegasStevie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to register to put in my two cents.

I've been in a relationship for four years with my girlfriend. In 2011, I decided to take my dad to Las Vegas. She threw a fit, insisted I not go. I took him anyway. She cheated on me for it.

In 2012, I decided to go back. She threw a fit again. I ended up lying to her about it.

i was stu completely, i dont understand why people are like this, but I can definately tell you butting in between them is not the right move. My friends did it and made my life that much worse. He's gotta tell her off or it'll never stop. his choice.

lifes too short to pass up on anything fun.

18. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're in a competition more than a relationship. Cheating on you for going to Vegas?

19. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was he a bartender on a cruise ship?

20. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    life is all about compromise. my wife doesn't like vegas - even though she has never been. So she doesn;t go and she gets something else instead.

in 2 days her parents are turning up here and staying for a month. in order that I don;t have to kill them I am going to Vegas for long weekend next week.

everyone is happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.