1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

8 Nights in Vegas-Encore/Bellagio/Cosmo Anniversary Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Kachow, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not try anything in the HL room, I’m actually saving that for when Mrs Kachow is with me. I saw and remember that opening day video and while it was certainly busy last night they were definitely enforcing masks as far as I could see. Lardo has the Phorench dip on their online menu but I don’t remember if it was on the actual menu in Block 16 or not. I will take a look today as I think I may be doing those wings again for lunch and I’ll let you know if it’s there!

Fountain View Terrace-Mrs Kachow Bday!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The photo of Caesars and Bellagio is very neat. And that particular view may be better for the fireworks viewing than if you were looking facing the fountains. I've been in Vegas many times for NYE and July 4th and I know for NYE, Caesars shoots fireworks off directly above the hotel so the view you have is great if they plan the same thing for tonight. Also, you might be able to see fireworks that are shot off strip as well in the distance.

Celebrating Life, Family + Friends in Our Beloved Vegas + the Great SW
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, had some room service breakfast, it was simple but good! I had some oatmeal and Mrs Kachow had some fresh berries and we shared a pot of coffee.

we plan on hitting the Boulevard Pool to check that out for a little while when it opens at 8. We plan on mainly checking it out and catching a little sun and getting out of there before the crowds have really rolled in. Then we are probably gonna do a quick lunch from Block 16. I may try the Hattie B’s or a Lardo sandwich or I may go get the wings again, They were seriously that good I’ve been thinking of them since I had them. Then we bought tickets for the National Atomic testing museum for the Noon-2pm block. Due to Covid reopening plan they sell them in two hour blocks and can’t service walk ups anymore so plan is to catch a cab there and Uber back. I’m not sure what we are going to do with the rest of the afternoon, we might take a catnap or something.

We have China Poblano for dinner reservations tonight, then probably do a little more gambling!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the fireworks, it might be worthwhile to check with the concierge to find out what hotels are doing them and roughly when as in past years it wasn't publicly clear until pretty late in the day. My gut says you will have a good spot from your terrace -- maybe even tell the concierge what direction you are facing -- but if it's not the best and you really want to see fireworks, ask what a good location in Cosmo might be from which to view them.

I remember a NYE years ago when I was attending a NYE concert at Cosmo and it was Stevie Wonder. The best concert EVER. Anywho, the showroom where he played was just one big room -- just about everyone had to stand for hours but it was worth it -- but it was right near the pool area on an upper level. So, just before midnight I took a 45-second walk to this deck area that overlooks the strip, watched the fireworks, and went back into the showroom to hear the rest of the Stevie Wonder concert. That location might be a good one but it may be crowded so even if outside I'd wear a mask.

Wishing you a Happy 4th and a great day!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

I did the Mob Museum last night. I’m a guy that usually blazes through a museum and I would still say you need at least 3 hours. There’s a lot to see and do. They give everyone a bottle of hand sanitizer and the cap of the bottle is also a stylus you are supposed to use on the interactive exhibits. Unfortunately a lot of the interactive exhibits are temporarily turned off (not that they aren’t available; there are just fewer terminals). The firearms training experience was worth the extra cost. It was an eye opening experience. I want to visit again in the future as we rushed through the last part because we had dinner reservations to get to.

I’ve done the Atomic Testing Museum twice in the past. It starts out historical and becomes more of a science museum as you go. I’m more drawn to the historical stuff and liked the beginning of the museum more. The science part was very hands on so I’m not sure how it is now. They do have a large space for temporary exhibits, although I don’t think there is one now.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLVD pool opens at 8am, there were maybe 10 people in line with us when they opened the doors. We got ourselves a nice little spot where we can catch some sun. Sign says mask required when going to the bathroom and recommended when walking around. 7D692131-D494-417F-BF4E-E0C077D5E9EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  8. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Change of plans for lunch. Couldn’t get a wicked spoon reservation for any time except 9:30 today. So brunch it is! The $35 credit we got from Hotels.com isn’t good anywhere else.

9. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Social distancing is in force at WS, must wear mask when perusing the food line and can be unmasked only at your table. Service is very friendly and attentive so far.
    2191AD98-C322-4B27-8EF7-D99487432503.jpeg 3E7D9BC9-E335-47E6-B3DE-205FE55F151E.jpeg 659444E6-5772-42B9-A01E-F26ACDA09726.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First round:
    For her: Caprese Salad, Quiche Lorraine, Hashbrowns with cheddar and chive, and raspberry hibiscus juice which was her favorite out of this round.

for me: chipotle shrimp ceviche, liege waffle with strawberry compote, and cheese plate. Waffle was the clear winner here. 280E3679-308F-4537-A08D-6C8501C1590E.jpeg B36C24C6-7A7C-40F3-A1F7-671D8EC80040.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  11. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Round two:
    For her: Some kind of beef and some vegetable dumplings- neither were very good, beef was tough

for me: bone marrow, duck wings, hash browns.
    Duck wings were the winner. 5FD9A4AE-045A-4C85-878A-3185E0FF7CBF.jpeg 0AA599D3-135A-4267-A4B7-28BC9A74151B.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  12. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alway love seeing the Wicked Spoon pics! Great work on the sideline reporter action. It’s like we are there with you!:thumbsup:

#fuckcovid19
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fireworks? Read on another TR that someone received a call from their host saying the fireworks were cancelled....??

Overdue.....c-19
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final plates
    Her: macaroons
    Me: fried chicken, lamb shank, and more duck wings. Lamb was very tasty and I just had to get more duck wings. Neither of us could possibly have eaten anymore since we already had breakfast. That’s more food before 11am than I normally eat in a week.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great report so far; one of my favorites I’ve read all-around, not just since the shutdown. Perfect amount of info, updates, gambling action, food pics, etc. I hope this last leg of your trip results in big wins!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a bummer but I'm not surprised. If they were on the strip you'd have thousands of people packed in like sardines, shoulder to shoulder, looking up at the night sky.

If off strip fireworks, like at Red Rock, you might be able to see them from your balcony!

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. pip

pip Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This really is an informative and entertaining trip report. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Farner

Farner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Kachow! Thank you for the most amazing and informative report. Having booked the 3 resorts (Wynn, Bellagio and Cosmo) makes you our star reporter for the on the grounds experience. Please keep posting and I would really like a final summary:
    Which of the 3 gave you the best ‘Vegas’ experience while providing COVID safety?

• Like Like x 7
  20. Kachow

Kachow High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Atomic Museum was a good time. They have tons of cool stuff and it was very informative and one of the docents there told us about a bunch of stuff, he worked at the NTS in the 80’s and was a wealth of information. There were probably only 4 other people there visiting. We were there probably an hour and a half but you could spend 2 or 3 hours there if you wanted to. I probably wouldn’t go again on another trip but I recommend it if you haven’t gone. My favorite part was the drilling stuff because I work in that field. They drilled a lot of holes in the desert to test bombs. 3CF54BAC-3B94-4148-96D8-4EBA82C46233.jpeg 0252928A-5F60-4CB1-9000-4B5837A8ECC3.jpeg 3BA95B30-17A0-4BFE-9EA9-C04FAB2899DB.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 6