1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

7 days between boyd room comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by killswamper23, Jul 19, 2021.

1. killswamper23

killswamper23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see in the T&Cs booking some rooms at gold coast and the orleans you're supposed to have 7 days between comped stays. However I am still able to book rooms on consective weeks (fri check in, check out tues, check back in fri 3 days later)

Is this supposed to mean 7 days after check out date from the first stay?
    If not is it just something they don't enforce?

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Save the confirmation numbers and all emails.
    Play dumb……refuse to spell cat with two free letters. :oops:
    It won’t work twice but could ;) work once…..good luck :wave: and report back. :cool:

BHB 1st stop….
    I want to make discoveries like Columbia, just not as impactful…
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked three comped nights at Sam’s Town using the “book online for the lowest rates” link under my husband’s account, checking out on a Sunday. Was trying to book the next five nights at the Orleans under my account; my September/October offer was only for two nights but it was showing comped for four nights and paying for the last one. I kept getting an error so ended up calling. The nice young lady told me that the error was caused by me trying to book more than the two nights of my offer. She proceeded to say she could book my two nights and then book the next three nights on my husband’s offer, so all five comped. I graciously ;) allowed her to do that and my argument will be “your employee suggested it” if we run into any issues.

We have booked stays at different Boyd properties before without the required gap and have never had an issue. Good luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used to work for me all the time, back to back, until it didn't. A host emailed me and said I either needed to cancel one or pay for it. I tried the old "but this was booked a long time ago, I have confirmations and it shows they are both comped". So sorry. This was one of the initial things that put Boyd on my shit list. :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. Craps_Player

Craps_Player Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when are you booked in from? Could you let the thread know the outcome?! I’ve basically done the same thing. Booked one property for 5 comp nights and then the system allowed me to book another property (for 4 comp nights) one day apart ! I have the reservation numbers and even confirmed it with the reservations Helpdesk. But..the second property doesn’t show up on my reservations list on the Boyd members reservations page.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have any status at all with 4queens you have your 72 hour block right there; but then that’s another hotel move. However, for longer trips it would be the answer. ;)
    (I erred). I read too quickly and :( assumed it was 72 hours, not 7 days!!! That’s weird. :eek:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    BHB 1st stop….
    I want to make discoveries like Columbia, just not as impactful…
  7. killswamper23

killswamper23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one reservation is the orleans the other is gold coast
    if the 7 days goes from the beginning of the first reservation i'm fine, but if it's from the end of the first reservation then i'm within 7 days

8. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking DOWNTOWN Boyd and then Orleans/GC, always worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. killswamper23

killswamper23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one more question- as long as it's more than 7 days between comped stays it's fine right? i thought i remembered reading something about one reservation per month as well but i could be misremembering.

thanks for any help.