1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

6 Vegas trips in the next 7 months!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't been to Vegas since April and I'm getting the itch, so I scratched it. We have air booked for every month except January.

In 2017, we've been to Dallas, Phoenix & last week Seattle.

Seattle hotel cost was $1,200 for 4 nights. Food, drink & misc added another $1,300. We had a good time, but at least in Vegas where everything is comped, I have a chance to come out ahead if I hit one.

And besides, I love downtown Vegas. Once every year or two is fine for the other places, but Vegas is still "home".

Even though we moved to Vegas and gave up after two years, I still kind of fancy the idea of being a snowbird and getting a condo and staying there 3 winter months. My wife says I'm crazy. We tried it full time and it didn't work, why would it be different now, if only for 3 months, she says.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could never live in Vegas, but twice a year on vacation is perfect for us. Last trip was April, so almost time to start planning our Oct. trip.

3. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems so long ago when we were hitting Vegas seemingly every five or six weeks.

Travel rocks. We're all lucky, those of us who get to do it often.

We made a run or two at living in Vegas. Thankfully we never did it. Just not a setting we'd like to call home.

I'll be there in three-plus weeks!!!!

4. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been every month this year except for February. Go figure, the shortest month of the year and I couldn't squeeze it in. I'll be road-tripping (yes, road-tripping) beginning this Thursday there with a friend. He's done it before and powers through without sleep. Just lots of redbull and what not, then he crashes for a few hours once we get in Vegas.

As for me I'll sleep half the road trip and leave the driving to him. His idea, not mine. I'll be coming back home Monday. Got a good deal on a Southwest ticket to fly home. Well....let me rephrase that. I MAY be coming home Monday. Or I just might interview for a few jobs I've been keeping in contact with and make the stay a permanent one, at least for 90 days on an apartment lease.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be crazy, but it's not a terrible idea. :) I've said a couple times I'd like to have a getaway place, like a condo in Vegas so I can escape there now and then without having to do the Resort Fee Shuffle. One of these days my lotto numbers will come through and I'll think about it seriously. (I don't play the lottery, so probably not.)

6. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, paying property tax beats resort fees. :poke:

7. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 Vegas trips in the next 7 months!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Way to go @Joe and no harm in keeping your options open!!

I've got my popcorn ready for your next TR :popcorn:.

8. runningonthehub

runningonthehub High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could live in Vegas for four months during the winter, just to escape Chicago winters. But, full time, I don't think so. I could not handle summers there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.