1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3rd person in a 2 Queen Room - Costs ?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by StuartUK, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys......
    Just curious...
    Will be booking a few nights in either Excal, Lux or even Rio, and will be a 2 Queen room......
    But as we need to bring a 14yr old with us this year, when doing room quotes, by adding " 3 guests", the room costs more than double its original quote (say $24 for a 2 queen in Excal for 1 or 2 people, add 3rd person and room cost is like $59 !!!! + Rip Off fee) = a very expensive Shed like room ! :(
    Seems to add an additional $35 for a 3rd person,

So on that note, do some of u book a 2 queen room, and dont mention you got a kid with you ?

Hope this trips goes ahead!
  2. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. And take care of housekeeping lady who is the only 1 that could tell on you UNLESS you walk up to check in at hotel with wife and kid standing next to you, ( saw that at Palace Station once where 3 guys were checking into 1 room only to find out then, that there would be an additional charge for the 3rd person). The look on their face was priceless. also wouldn't put daughters Sponge Bob soap and shampoo next to the wife's favorite Victoria secret brands in the bathroom!

6th wedding anniversary celebration with family
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Miller12pack

Miller12pack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People do it all the time. As mentioned, have wife and child wait somewhere while you check in and checkout.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. TehRed

TehRed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the housekeeping actually know who, or how many people, are supposed to be in any given room?

I'd assume (rightly or wrongly) that they are just there to... well, do the housekeeping. If it looks like there might be three people in a King room, how are they to know that isn't what was paid for?

5. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cheers guys :)
    plan was to make wifey and daugther sit on a bench while i queue at check-in (will be either Exaclibur or Luxor, as looking at Pools and room costs on this occasion due to Mlife corp offers not showing :( )
    And yes, figured housekeeping would be the only ones to know, so plan was to leave $5 a day with a thank you note and a smiley face drawn on the note! :)
    Wife/Daugther share same shampoo/shower gel's , so all good on that note! Victoria' Secret ? I wish !!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ;)

Thanks fo advice guys !

6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let them wait. But after you check in have wife go to desk and get name on room and key.

7. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    could i say to the desk guy that she is looking around the shops, gone to the bathroom, etc ? and have them add her name to the room ?
    does her name need to added anyway ?
    The other option i thought of, was having the daugther sit on a bench while me and the wife check-in as normal.... she would just play on her phone for 10/15 mins while we check-in :)

8. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely have wife's name added. They generally give two room keys anyways. Rio has very large rooms, less so for Luxor/Excal

9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do it all the time. Charging more than a few dollars for an extra person is a ripoff. I would add the second person's name to the room so they can get access if you are not around. I always use a lot of towels; so the housekeepers always get taken car of anyway...

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you only need the two beds, no reason to book for 3 people. Neither the front desk nor housekeeping is gonna care. Even if your kid gets locked out and you get "discovered," they just are not gonna care about the "extra person," especially not a kid.

At check in, they should ask you if you want to add a name to the room for charging incidentals. If they don't ask, tell them you want your wife to be able to do that. Every place I stay at gives two keys, sometimes automatically, sometimes they ask how many you want.

11. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cheers guys
    Me/wife never get seperated, so although we get 2 room keys, we only ever take the 1 out (its the only time were together 24/7 :D )
    And late late on the evening this coming trip, the kid will stay in the room and watch telly/goto sleep while we hit the tables for a few hours to WIN LOADS OF MONEY ! (ok, last year didnt quite get the wins! :D :D :( ) confident this year!

12. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 3-4 in a room before. Always say there is only two, there is zero reason to pay more for the extra person. I believe most places charge $15 a night per person. I've done it many times with success, not just in Vegas, but all over the place. I also always ask for three keys when I check in and have never had an issue, regardless of how many people are with me. I love keeping a spare or two in my wallet because I'm always forgetting them in my room

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be fine - go up yourself or w/your wife. I usually go up w/one sister or the other. Then I ask for three keys. Housekeeping not an issue because asking for extra towels is the norm, anyway. They usually come up w/like 6 extras.

Oh yes
    One more
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Smart guy!! And yes, I always add my wife's name to our room ( and she doesn't show up in vegas till 2/3 days later, so I can get all my poker play in and do shows with her the last 3/4 nights)!!

P.s. Surprise her with some Victoria's secret stuff Lol

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.