1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

24 hr bus pass

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Gutzy, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you purchase a 24-hour bus pass is it good for all buses?

2. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you purchase the $8 24 hour pass that covers the Deuce and SDX then yes, it also covers the residential routes. If you buy the less expensive residential routes 24 hour pass, it does not cover the strip.

3. Gutzy

Gutzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. You answered my question!

4. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Las Vegas Strip & Downtown Express Fares (effective September 30, 2012)

2-Hr All-Access Pass: $6.00
    24-Hr. All-Access Pass: $8.00
    3-Day Full Fare All Access Pass: $20.00

30-Day All Access Pass $65

Note: Children 5 years and younger ride free and must be accompanied by an adult.

5. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 day ALL ACCESS - $35 REDUCED PRICE SENIORS $17.50

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the greatest thing about being an old fart, right after senior discounts!

Jimbo338

7. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't work on the Deuce or SDX.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Residential 24 hour pass doesn't work on the Deuce or SDX; the $8.00 All Access pass is ALL ACCESS good on All buses including Deuce and Strip and Downtown Express bus as is the 15 Day All Access pass. See my post above from rtc fare chart.

Jimbo338

9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your chart doesn't have the 15-Day All-Access pass.

There's no such thing as a 15-Day All-Access pass.

[​IMG]

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

#1 10-19-2012, 08:21 PM
    dewey089
    Guru of Value Join Date: Aug 2001
    Trips To Vegas: 29

Good bus pass news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received three reports from well done interviews of BTC clerks and the news on 15 day and 30 day passes is that they are all access without the need for a local ID. Senior passes of course demand the senior ID.

Here is the note from Weas:

Hi Dewey,

Just back from Vegas. I went to the BTC on Sat. 10-12. I spoke with Cristy. She indicated the 15 day reduced fare ticket was good on all routes including Duece, SDX. I asked her this twice and twice asked don't you need a local NV ID for it to be valid on Deuce and SDX, she said, "No, only a senior id."

She also said all denomination of coins are good on the bus, although she didn't know about the Sacagawea dollar coins. She asked how long I was in Vegas, and I said, "5 days." She indicated I would come out much better buying the 15 day reduced fare ticket for $17.50. I once again asked about it being all access and she said," Yes."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXThis is part of a post from 10-19-12 by Dewey who also talked several times with the RTC.

Jimbo338

11. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent. Where's this chart you are talking about? The one in this thread had nothing about a 15-day pass.

Also, my bad but according to the posts, this All-Access only applies to Seniors.

keno60 doesn't say that tho'.

Please clarify. According to the investigation, it's only seniors.

edit: I found Dewey's thread and it is clear this only applies to seniors. keno's post is misleading and I just wanted clarity.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  12. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There were many, many posts mostly originated by Dewey because of the many changes in 2012 involving Passes, schedules, prices etc. I think if you read the part or whole of Dewey's post you would see that he was talking about the Reduced Fare only applying to seniors, not the 15 Day All Access Pass. Perhaps he will see this and clarify being more of an expert on this subject.

Jimbo338

13. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Busyman,
    The first sentence from Dewey's excerpt that it is good on the Deuce and SDX makes it All Access. The second line has to do with pricing. Locals can buy a residential pass cheaper and just show local ID to use a residental pass on those 2 "tourist" buses.Senior can buy tickets at half price but have to show their Senior Reduced Fare ID with passes.

Jimbo338

14. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Besides Dewey's 1st sentence, NOTHING backs up that this would apply to non-seniors.

15. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only difference between senior and non-senior is price, not the pass. Please don't shoot the messenger for the message. There was a lot of confusion with the relocation of the bus transfer center and the new buses and prices. Dewey did extensive research, varification and explanations, and he could explain it better than me perhaps. All I can say is that I have use the bus exclusively for all my trips and have used All Access passes on 17 of my 18 trips, have 2 three day passes and one 5 day pass which are good til I validate and use them. I got my senior reduced fare card when I turned 62 five years ago, have used it to buy all my passes since then for half price, have been carded on the SDX, and ridden it, the Deuce and residential buses without a problem swiping my card and showing my senior reduced fare card without a problem. I don't know what else to say.

Jimbo338

16. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I understand the senior deal and I get that the passes are supposed to be identical as in the reduced fare is just an ALL-ACCESS pass for seniors.

However, I was just looking for confirmation that an NON-SENIOR gets all ALL-ACCESS.

I found a number of posts regarding this and all of them point to seniors only.

I guess the only to confirm is to find NON-SENIORS that have got this deal or with RTC.

17. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't know how to satisfy your disbelief. There is no 15 day All Access for seniors only. There are Residential and All Access Fares.

Seniors who obtain a Reduced Fare ID, can buy ANY pass Residential or All Access at half price. It is a senior discount on any pass not a for seniors only pass. If you do not have a local ID, you must purchase an All Access pass to ride the Deuce, or the SDX, at full price if you are under 60, or half price if you are 6o or older and have a Reduced Fare Pass obtained from the RTC.

The RTC regulations have been confusing and it was researched for months by Dewey and is chronicaled in his Blog. You might do a search and read it in its entirety, or call the RTC.

You posted that the 15 Day All Access does not work on the Deuce or the SDX. Was that based on your experience? 2 People called the RTC and asked if it worked on the Deuce and the SDX. Their answer was yes. It was not because they had a reduced fare pass; they had that cause they were senior citizens. It worked because the 15 day all access pass is good on all buses; that what All Access is.

Let us know what the RTC tells you.

Jimbo338

18. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mmk. Give me a sec....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.