1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

21st Birthday and Christmas Trip to Aria Sky Suites 12/23-27

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MK4Vegas, Dec 28, 2020.

1. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm enjoying this report and remembering each of our trips to celebrate 21st birthdays (our for kids and one other young lady who has been part of our family since she was 12...) and how much fun they were. It is extra awesome to see a trip built around their actual birthdays; that ups the game a lot!

We also love Aria Sky Suites...it is our go to place to stay...

• Like Like x 1
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nasty move by the Uber driver; glad you were able to sort it out.

All the birthday festivities were amazing!!!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MK4Vegas

MK4Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    12/25 - Christmas Day

I started off the morning before sunrise watching my first viewing of A Christmas Story enjoying our tree and some in room mimosas. It was very relaxing and a really nice way to start the holiday. I'm always wide awake at 5 in Vegas without fail so I enjoy the quiet time in the morning!

xmasstory.jpg

Vic joined me and then we got the boys up and moving around 830. We headed back over to Bellagio for brunch at Sadelle's. We had a great seat looking right out over the Conservatory. The Bellagio was PACKED Christmas morning. Enjoyed our brunch and snapped a pic in front of the tree after we finished.

christmas.jpg

We found the back route from Aria through Vdara to Bellagio to be super easy to follow. I had never gone that route before but it made for easy movement between our two favorite resorts.

We headed back to the Aria for some more gambling and drinks and a snack in the Lobby Bar. We also had to watch my New Orleans Saints play so that was fun! After the Saints win, we headed back up to the room for TV, relaxing, naps, etc.

For dinner we went to Jean Georges at Aria. It was pretty quiet in the restaurant area of Aria that evening. We had a great meal at Jean Georges and filled up on delicious steak, wine, and yummy desserts. It was our first time dining there but we would definitely go back on a future trip.

jean.jpg
    Crab legs. Vic's fave!

dessert.jpg dessert2.jpg
    Fancy dessert before and after.

We headed back to the room. Jordan and Vic decided to go down and continue to try their luck on the slots and Joseph and I settled in for our viewing of Wonder Woman 1984. I promptly fell asleep after a day full of wining and dining. Joseph's review of the movie was that I didn't miss much and it wasn't as good as the first one.

All in all a great Christmas. Lots of FaceTiming with the family and a fairly lowkey, relaxing day by Vegas standards.

• Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 4
  4. klevegas

klevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your report! Bellagio is my home base and happy place in Vegas but I have been intrigued with Aria.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MK4Vegas

MK4Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @klevegas I definitely still prefer Bellagio but Aria is a nice backup and I did enjoy some new restaurant options by being over there. Usually at Bellagio we eat breakfast every morning at Sadelle's but we agreed we'd definitely make the walk over for Salt & Ivy at least once for breakfast. We just got a new offer to book by 1/31 to head back for comped rooms so we'll likely opt for Bellagio again based on the room types being offered on this promo.

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So enjoying reading about your trip with your beautiful family. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MK4Vegas

MK4Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    12/26

We started off the day at Bardot Brasserie for brunch. I've had brunch there before and recalled the service being super slow and today was no exception. We had to flag down the server a few times to get refills and the food took forever. While what we had was good and I liked that they had more than just traditional breakfast items on the menu, I think the slow service a few times in a row now has burned us on this one.

We decided to head out to Venetian so that the boys could see that. They did a gondola ride to fill the time then we grabbed margaritas at Canonita and just watched the gondolas go by.

We hopped into another Uber from Venetian and headed down to New York New York with plans to ride the roller coaster. Unfortunately we got down there to discover it was down for maintenance until mid January. Everyone gambled a little bit more at NYNY and then we redeemed our MyVegas rewards for the 2 for 1 Tom sized beers. We sat there and watched some of the games that were on and drank our beers. We debated going to Cosmopolitan to ice skate but the boys opted to to the zipline at the Linq instead.

Vic decided not to zipline but the boys and I headed up.

zip.jpg ziplineaction.jpg zipwheel.jpg

The ride was fun and was very safe. The boys loved it and I got suckered into the photo package! I have ziplined in Costa Rica so it was a little underwhelming for me but for their first time ziplining they loved it.

After that they wanted to check out In N Out burger so we headed there. They LOVED the burgers and got a kick out of the not so secret menu and insisted on ordering theirs animal style.

We walked back through Flamingo so that they could see the flamingos and then made our way back to Aria via Bellagio. They played a bit and I happily grabbed a glass of Whispering Angel at my fave Petrossian bar!

Elephant Balloons headed to meet us to break down the tree since they're shipping all of that to me and the boys recharged phones and took a break.

We were so full from our burgers we tried to move our reservation at Javier's back but they couldn't accommodate the time change. We ended up just seeing what was available and landed at the Pub at Crystals. It was ok for an easy, low key meal but nothing amazing.

I headed back to the room to start packing and to unwind but the boys wanted to gamble a bit more. They all stayed down there until midnight. The boys both kept a little bit of their initial $100 seed money so that was good!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 2
  8. MK4Vegas

MK4Vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    12/27

We finished our last bottle of Prosecco in the room watching the sunrise with our mimosas. Finished up the last minute packing and got the boys up and moving. We headed down to settle up the bill. Had about $500 in express comps to apply to the bill and wanted to make sure the resort credit that was part of our offer was taken off of the bill. We charge everything to the room to maximize our MLife points and were pleasantly surprised the bill wasn't a total nightmare since we really didn't skimp on anything. Our strategy was for me to not order an entree anywhere and just pick off of the 3 guys plates or get an appetizer. I never can finish a meal so this strategy saved us some money!

We caught the limo back to the airport with no issues. Security was super fast even though the checkpoint we were at didn't have TSA Precheck. We made it to our gate and while we waited to board watched a guy win $3K on Buffalo on his last $.70.

Overall Impressions:
    All in all this was a great trip. The gambling was the pits for my husband. This is the first time EVER we haven't left with at least one handpay and usually multiple tax forms. He hit one major on Dancing Drums but it was below the $1200 mark. The slots were just not kind to him this trip. He was a little down in the dumps about that especially with the boys around since I think he was secretly hoping to hit another big payout with them there to see. I told him there's always next time.

We didn't have any complaints about the restrictions in place. Mask compliance was good, cleaning team was on top of things, I felt safer there than I do at some restaurants at home in Northern VA. It was a little different to have to plan out every meal and did make us feel more scheduled and we definitely felt rushed to get to a few places but it wasn't a huge deal. We did see a few families larger than 4 that were split between two tables near each other. The service was really good and we had some very fun/memorable interactions with bartenders, servers, Uber drivers. Even though Vic and I knew it wasn't "typical Vegas" for the first timers they were still in awe. They had a great time and didn't seem to feel like anything was missing for their first visit. I'll be ready to take them back when we can see a few shows.

I was fortunate that I had a friend hook me up with sales associates at Van Cleef, Hermes, and Chanel. I ended up not going to Chanel after my splurges at VCA and Hermes. If you're really looking to shop, it's a smart move to try to hook up with a sales associate before you go since so many places are still appointment only or you'd have to wait in line. I always ship my purchases home as VA sales tax is less than NV. My new purchases should be here tomorrow and Thursday so I'll post pictures when they arrive in case anyone is interested!

Wrap Up:
    If you have any questions please let me know and thanks so much for your kind words! It was definitely a labor of love and lots of planning but totally worth it to take them there for their 21st. When we got back in the car at BWI, Jordan and Joseph both thanked us and told us what a great trip they had. That was worth it alone to actually get a thank you and genuine gratitude out of our two boys!!!

We received another offer already so we've booked to go back May 6-10 and will be staying in one of the Bellagio suites. Our FP offer and resort credit was even higher than this trip so here's hoping for a luckier run next trip!!

Thanks again for following along and Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Jer

Jer I kinda did a thing...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, loved every update! Mine turns 21 in August and we are already in full trip planning mode for that.

Time to Avenge The Cosmo Beating!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Congratulations on a fantastic trip with the family. I’m sure your boys will forever cherish the memory of their 21st birthday Vegas trip.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady, The Goat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report and pics . :peace:

• Like Like x 1
  12. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed your report and would love to see pictures of your purchases

• Like Like x 1
  13. jjluvsvegas

jjluvsvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip report!

• Like Like x 1
  14. No7Out

No7Out Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m sorry the gaming didn’t go well but everything else about the trip sounded amazing especially for their milestone birthday! Your husband will have many many more trips to show them the jackpot wins. Thanks for taking us along - curious what makes you pick Bellagio over Aria? I’m looking for a new MLife home and have stayed at Aria a number of times but haven’t done much inside bellagio outside of a few restaurants. Any insights/comparisons would be much appreciated and thanks again for the TR!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! Beautiful family! Thank you for taking the time to share all the fun details of your trip. Can’t wait to see all the goodies you got!

• Like Like x 1
  16. LASLover

LASLover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. Lucky young men to get to do their 21st in Vegas. Thanks for taking us along.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip report! Glad your boys got to enjoy their 21st! I’m sure they will remember it! Good job in the planning! As a mother of 3 boys I know how that goes!

• Like Like x 1
  18. teacher10

teacher10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for sharing your trip with us!! Glad you guys had a blast. H belated BD to your son!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Godflesh

Godflesh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report!

• Like Like x 1
  20. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Note to Jordan and Joseph: My parents took me to Reno in my youth, then I took mom (dad died too young) to Reno & Vegas a number of times thereafter, the last time when she was 88 or 89. You are two blessed young men to have parents like yours.

One caveat: mom was my most expensive date ever!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1