1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2019 Fantasy Football Draft - Help!

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by VegasBJ, Jun 26, 2019.

1. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello to all VMB Fantasy Football Fanatics!

I have taken the past few years off from Fantasy Football, as I was in too many leagues, it was taking up way too much time, etc. So, I have not been paying as much attention to who's Hot, who is now on what team, who is the new up and comer, who just got drafted and may see appreciable playing time due to the team they are on, etc.

This league is a 12 team, $5000 buy in league, $50k to winner, $10k to 2nd. Site is Yahoo Fantasy if that matters. Another quirk of this league, is you pick your draft order out of a hat, but that allows you to "choose" what spot you want to pick in. So if I pulled # 3, I would get third choice as to where I wanted to pick. Just adds another element of strategy to the draft.

So, I would love to hear comments as to what draft position you would choose and why for a 12 team league ( also assumes that I pick a draft # high enough to have a choice in the matter)

Please list your Top 13 picks ( Top 12 + the wraparound 13th pick). I know some of these are obvious, really looking for the deeper picks

Then, Please list Top picks under each of these categories

Top RB's
    Top QB's
    Top WR's
    Top Defense
    Top TE - deeper picks here

I will also do tons of research ahead of time as well, just thought it would be fun to get some other input since the season is around the corner

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m sure you don’t want my advice! Lol ;)

3. Top Dog

Top Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the other details of the league- standard, 0.5 ppr, ppr? # of WR/RB, flex? QB pts for TD/Int? Is it just whatever the standard system is on Yahoo?

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, +1 pt PPR, Flex spot for WR/RB. 6 pts for TD, 4 pts for QB throwing TD, -1 for Int

5. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Free agent pickups/drops? Blind bidding system with a set amount all season I would hope for this $$ league and bi-weekly Wed/Fri.

I have no idea yet what spot I like or dislike yet this season even in a normal serpentine or a KDS like yours.Just too early w/o the training camps completed and games are done.But I do know from over the years ANY spot can win the league.I did very very good from the 10 last year.

Highly recommend Fantasy Football Index for the mag to read over the summer and also get the pre-season updates..This is not a Fantasy fluff type company and have been at it since the late 80's when I started playing FF.

Sounds like a serious league you're getting into anything special going on for the draft?

6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to pick a date and meet in Vegas for the draft. Everyone has to be present. No auto drafting or calling in by phone. I think the free agent / drops goes in order per Yahoo's normal system. I've had some leagues where worst record always gets first pick with a 48 hour window of snooze you lose. Will know more the closer we get to draft day.
    I was looking for more local input from people who know their local teams well, as may have some sleepers or up and comers that aren't on the National radar yet

7. Domenic

Domenic Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RB- Saquon Barkley, Christian McCaffery, Alvin Kamara, Zeke Elliot, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson is ranked lower than he should be because of the year the team had last season but he will be better than his ranking in my opinion.

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Theilen, Odell Beckham, Davonte Adams, Julio Jones

QB- Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, ( I don’t like drafting QBs early so I don’t really ever plan on getting the top guys)

TE- Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz, George Kittle

DEF- I usually play weekly matchups with DEF. As the season gets closer I look at the schedule and see who I think has the easiest matchups for weeks 1-3 and try to draft that team. Then play the waiver wire for the rest of the year.

Still way too early to try to predict final rosters but some deeper picks I love this year.
    WR Donte Pettis (49ers)
    RB Jaylen Samuels (Pitt)
    QB Josh Allen (Buffalo)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1