1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2017 Hotel Resort Fees Thread

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Sonya, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks marksind, I updated the list. I suspect there will be more soon too :(

2. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called Mlife to see if hotels waive the resort fees or if she knew which ones. Such a gray area :( she said it depends on each hotels policies etc. Basically saying they can but it depends.

What if I book 3 nights. I don't use any of their resort fee stuff, internet is really what your paying for. But say I don't use anything. Would they waive? And there is no way to know before I go?

Thanks

3. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To my knowledge, none of the MLife properties will waive them "just because" or if you decline amenities. I've heard they may do it to rectify a customer service fuckup, or for high level players/specific offers, or because you tried the $20 trick and the clerk wasn't able to give you a real upgrade, but as a general rule you're stuck with them. She was probably being evasive about it because of the exceptions I mentioned, or because she knew answering truthfully would put you off from booking with them.

EDC
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like the answer is always "It depends". They will sometimes waive the fee for higher level club members, but MGM doesn't say what level is required. CET says they waive for Diamond or higher. You can try asking a host at the end of your trip to waive them, but there's no guarantee they will be able to. I haven't heard of anyone at MGM getting them waived at the check in desk by the clerk, but I wouldn't hesitate to ask. They could surprise you, but I also wouldn't count on it.

5. trellaine

trellaine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank u. I was hoping to know before booking. Imo things are getting out of hand. This, on top of an extra 30% because of the exchange rate make it really almost impossible for me tom justify. Unfortunately. I'll have to oh and um the next few days. Even with construction happening at the Monte Carlo I find it unfortunate they still charge a resort fee. I suppose that might be a property you could fight to get the fees waived lol

6. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Effective today, May 1st, Monte Carlo is increasing their resort fee. All existing reservations will be grandfathered in with the old resort fee. Reservations booked today and on will be based on the new $35+tax resort fee.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just "wow"! With tax you are extremely close to 40$.

8. djspam

djspam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My most recent stay was at Mandalay Bay last December. I went to the Mlife desk and asked if they could waive the resort fee based upon my play. I am not the biggest gambler, but I like to play. They waived the fees. I practice the things that we all have learned in Vegas... Please and thank you go along way... and maybe some macadamia nuts and chocolates to the right people never hurt. :)

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just updated the first post in this thread to reflect the new resort fee at Vdara:
    The fee is going from $35 to $39, plus tax.

10. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're a Canadian, the exchange rate is closer to 40%

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have just updated the first post to reflect an increase in the Resort Fee for Green Valley Ranch. It is now $32.17 ($36.47 w/tax) per night.

12. SGRAY

SGRAY Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI- Arizona Charlie's Boulder apparently charges a Resort Fee now of approximately $7.50/night + tax ($8.48 total), as it showed when I was booking last month and this month. When I called them, neither the customer service supervisor nor the front desk manager would budge on waiving the fee, even if not using the services covered by the fee. I hope this information helps. One bit of advice I would offer...when booking on their website, be sure and look closely at the rates and fees. As you can see in the screen grabs below, their site shows the resort fee in a line of text that's written in a transparent font color, and is only visible by highlighting the text.

I hope this helps with your list. I believe that the Howard Johnson on Tropicana still has no Resort Fee, but I may be mistaken on that.

Here pretty soon, the gas stations will start charging a Resort Fee for going in and using their restroom, haha!

acresortfeehiglight.png

13. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I update both Arizona Charlie's Boulder and Decatur. Both include the following with their $8.48 daily fee :rolleyes2:
    • Daily in-room WiFi access for up to three (3) devices per room
    • Unlimited in-room local and 1-800 calls
    • Copy service and fax service for domestic and 1-800 numbers
    • Boarding pass printing.

14. Bob Seaman

Bob Seaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sams town does not charge resort fee

15. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sam's Town Las Vegas Resort fee is $15.99/night + tax. Resort Fee is waived if you're staying on a comp room offer.

16. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage doesn't give free papers anymore. Went to grab one and she told me it was gone for a couple years! Checked the Mirage page and no mention of it there either. So they keep increasing it, and remove perks. No more bottles of water in the room, no more newspaper. Pretty soon you'll have to bring your own sheets.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. CanneryLaurie

CanneryLaurie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cannery and Eastside Cannery now charge resort / hotel service fees. Please update his website. Thanks.

18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I will update this thread to reflect this.

19. JimmyVegas

JimmyVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo is $35 ($39.68 inc tax)

20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I'll update the list.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.