1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 week diet

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Chicken Dinner, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed out in 2 weeks. Could totally stand to lose a few or 10 lbs. Anyone have any 2 week diet they've tried and would recommend?

2. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what your diet lifestyle consists of but I can really stand by more active strength training specifically squats. Implement this exercise properly w correct weight and this will revolutionize your look (around hip and core area along w upper leg)
    You can do a two week crash 'diet' of excluding all white refined starch and sugar while still keeping same level of caloric intake.

Youre not going to be able to lose ten pounds in two weeks but strength training can boost your confidence of physical self and boost your morale in many ways really quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cut out high carb foods like pizza, breads, rice, hamburgers. Cut out carbonated beverages, alcohol, and junk food. Walk for 45 minutes a day and eat lots of fruit and vegetables. Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water, in fact water is all you should drink. You won't lose ten pounds but will definitely lose some weight.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 lbs in 2 weeks is probably not a healthy goal.

I have a number of friends who do the 30Clean when they need a boost - https://the30clean.com/

And increasing the exercise always helps too.

5. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did a Rocco Dispirito diet to support my wife. Lost 14 pounds in two weeks.

I think it was eat you weight off diet or something similar.

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the OP. I am departing 2 weeks from tomorrow as well. Wanted to lose 30 pounds by then working back from 2 months ago but totally didn't get with the program. Would love to lose 5 in 2 weeks, which is doable. I know what I need to do. Just need to get focused and disciplined.

7. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whole Food Plant Based and of course exercise.
    Oatmeal for breakfast
    7 vegetables a day - kale, spinach, brussel sprouts, asparagus
    brown rice and beans
    no salt
    no boxed foods
    If you work, meal prep your foods so you can stick to the plan.
    Warm lemon water with organic turmeric - drink every morning
    A lot of water!

8. Ladeda

Ladeda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steak and Eggs diet if you can tolerate it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just make sure it isn't a "too weak" diet!
    Best wishes on meeting your wellness goal!

RICHARD

10. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to think about that - glad I figured it out before I asked!

11. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've dropped 10 pounds in that time frame on Atkins.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Backagain1 good tip on the salt. That's a big one for me. I love salty food, but it doesn't love me.

I've tried that warm water and turmeric for my inflammation and I haven't had much luck sticking to it because it's yucky. :) Do you like it? I was going to try some turmeric pills so I don't have to taste it, but the nutritionist said it's not the same. I'm trying another combo now (Ribose and VitaMineralGreen) and it doesn't taste terrible, but still I'm just gulping it down in the morning because I "have to", which is pretty much a guarantee I won't stick with it long term.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 over two weeks, particularly if you're a fluffier type person to begin with, is easy. No secrets. Eat well. Lay off the junk in boxes and drive-up windows. Nuke the booze. Put down the remote and walk an hour a day, go spin 20 on your bike, if you're a golfer park the cart.

14. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On June 28 I started a diet, and I've lost 59 pounds since then.

The diet is called HMR (Health Management Resource) through our health care provider. The diet is 3 shakes, two HMR-branded meals and five servings of fruits and veggies. Coffee is OK, but ZERO beverages with calories. That's correct, I haven't had a drink since June 28.

The diet hits all the categories... low carb, low fat, low sodium and controlled portions. Total is about 1,200 calories per day. That (under medical supervision) and about 30-45 minutes of walking a day has made my weight loss possible.

Though I still have 23 pounds to get down to the first goal weight, I have just entered the portion where I can substitute baked white fish (ick) or 8 oz of grilled shrimp (oh, yeah!) for a boxed meal twice per week. Hope to get that 23 pounds off buy the end of December.

Vegas this week will be off-plan, though I am going to drink a double-shake for "breakfast" and (willpower pending) a salad with lo-cal dressing or a fruit plate for lunch. Dinner with the boys will be tough, but hopefully I can put 18 weeks of classes into good choices.

And in case I can't, I sketched out a two-mile walk around downtown for both morning and evening. o_O

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow mjames, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are an inspiration!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love salt too! The Turmeric is working great, however I have a water bottle that I only add about 4 oz' at a time. I drink it fast! Like you said... gulp. Do not like it but can drink it. :(
    I do notice a difference though. I have not had back pain in some time and I think this is why!

17. dogboy

dogboy Tourist

Yes a low/no salt diet can certainly help I had a quadruple bypass in April they put me on the 2 g of sodium a day diet I lost 25 pounds in two months

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it's called Breeze's Quit Stuffing Your Face With Shit diet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What usually happens is that you drop about 5 lbs the first week. This is mostly water because any time you adjust your diet most likely you cut out lousy foods that are high in sodium.

So once you do that you basically pee out all that extra water you were carrying around. the second week will be sort of a balancing out period where your body gets used to the new way of eating so it sort of holds onto what you have.

The third week you should be down another pound or two.

As soon as you go to vegas though and add in the salty foods and booze, that 5 lbs will go right back on, its your bodies way of responding to what you did to it.

So basically , you can diet for 2 weeks and ruin it after a day or 2 in Vegas. You might be down a lb or two but that is realistically about it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 weeks you not goin lose much other then water weight i say you lose 5 pounds max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.