1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 Reservations (CET), One Person

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by luck.ofthe.draw, Jun 14, 2019.

1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys!

Trying to plan ahead for our September trip. Boyfriend and I are driving up with his sister to Vegasssss to meet his parents.

Sister tells me that her rates are stupid high (think over $1000) for the dates we are going. I told her "No no no, that's way too fuckin' high, I'll book you a room, check in with you, and you can just pay me back."

I already have boyfriend and I booked at PH for $168 (holdin' out for an offer from the Cosmo:blowkiss:). Question is: can I book a second reservation for a different CET resort on the Total Rewards website now, in my name? All the prices for those dates are still coming up reduced, etc.

I've never had multiple reservations under my name for one company before - I have bounced between having MLife and TR reservations simultaneously, cancelling one when it got closer to the time, but.... I just wanna be nice!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Annual Trip with Boyfriend & Family - Vision Expo 2019!
    Up the Irons! One Night Stay for Iron Maiden!
  2. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

2nd reservation will be at normal rate

3. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Scottndindy - I revised my question :) 2 reservations, 2 different CET resorts

4. Patman

Patman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Answer to the revised question is the same as the original question. Might be able to get a little better rate on a Friends and Family deal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be normal public rate if you do it online (may even require you log out to book it), because a business rule in their app prevents 2 reservations at once or within 72 hours usually with any comps or special rates, but VIP services did me up a second room over the phone for a slightly lower rate than I saw when logged in, which was already a little lower than public rates, so I'd recommend at least trying that and see what they can do for you. It was still on the pricey side when I did that, but it was a studio suite at CP during a large convention so its all relative. Advertised rates on cheapest rooms at Cosmo and Bellagio were $25-50 a night more than what I ended up paying, so it wasn't a horrible deal I guess.

Harrah's Cherokee - see how the other half lives
    Thanksgiving booked, still 50/50 if Im going.
  6. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @MCann is right. If you book a second room through the website, you'll get rack rate. Call VIP Services for the target property and they'll probably be able to do better.

7. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks @MCann and @Patman - and @Scottndindy for the insight! :)

Glad I booked PH when I did! That's my preferred property while I wait for Cosmo deals anyway. I'm sure I can snag her something with MLife once my offers update for the month :)

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stick with same hotel.

Side note... you mentioned boyfriend and you in a room. Are both NAMES on the reservation? I would think not, so you could book in the other name.

Really, though, if you can find a rate online you like, you can book a 2nd one okay.

9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IHeart Festival is the weekend of Sept. 20-22. Are those your dates? Yeah, rates will be nuts. The further north on the Strip you go the better the rates will get.