1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1st Attempt at A Semi-Live TR - Flamingo/Encore

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Shane.Decker, Nov 29, 2018.

1. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR so far your luck is about to turn! I foresee jackpots in your future.

PS ---that guy was hilarious in The Princess Bride

2. Shane.Decker

Shane.Decker One night...In Vegas...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been a bit...been able to keep myself pretty busy.

I guess since I left off I made it over to the airport to get my buddy picked up and we headed down to Freemont Street to grab a bite. We were in the mood to try something new. Didn’t quite now what I was in for though lol...

I have an natural tendency to love hot and spicy food so when I see someone claim something is hot I have a tendency to try it out and see about their claim.

Tried a little place called Flipping Good Burgers and Shakes and was pretty happy with the way it turned out...though my digestive track may disagree
    E6E5FBBB-3108-4CE1-BFC8-B6AC4A46AF42.jpeg 727AF5FB-B154-44C0-8892-86197DCC9DC4.jpeg B83854A3-018A-41EC-B38C-D760BBF03907.jpeg

After Freemont we had street we went over to the Mirage where we had had ticket to See Gabriel Iglesias “Fluffy” who was hilarious as always. Ended up going about 35 minutes over the show time.
    9AE6D222-2011-46FD-AE2E-C29F78721866.jpeg 83D0B6D7-81AF-4E7C-98E3-C7F54D2DCB4F.jpeg

Once the show was over still wasn’t feel the love on the machines so went to Toby Keith’s with the buddy and began the process of forgetting the day lol....

Ended the night at Carnival Court which is usual how I end my nights...in a place where people just want to have a good time!
    11950FEF-EBB0-4CBE-8999-C283C7C478FA.jpeg
    Will try to update about the happenings of today soon! Let’s just say I finally hit!

Guys Trip!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great rest of your trip!! Sounds excellent so far!

My trip last week was small and some larger wins here and there, but once I totalled it all up, I was ahead! Luck can surprise you :)

4. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    saw that flippy dropped the bottles at carneval court :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shane.Decker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today started off with me actually sleeping in...well sort of...got up at 8 Vegas time but since I’m from the across the country it was 10 mine. Made it down to Grab breakfast buffet at Harrahs because it’s rare to find great corned beef hash (showing my Michigan roots here) but they actually do so I don’t miss out on the opportunity.

After that played around between Harrahs all the way up to Planet Hollywood just kinda going back and forth. Nothing really significant to report though.

My friend had never been to the top of the Strstosphere so we stopped by there before heading out to the Red Rock. I prefer coming up at night...but even in the day time the view is still impressive.
    4F4328CC-9D38-463A-B3A4-9FB8FCA60B03.jpeg
    98A44DB7-823F-4DDD-AEF4-9C82B8C13016.jpeg
    When finally getting over to the Red Rock I Did get in some VP there but it was more just back and forth. Never had a stations card so I got one hoping it would bring me some luck and a good hit but didn’t happen. Stopped by the Palms on the way back and decided to park the car and grab a bite.
    77DB2503-802D-4F50-953E-741DB3B0A511.jpeg

I still hadn’t used my celebration dinner yet so we opted for Gordon Ramsey Burger. After my chicken sandwich last night decided to avoid anything that may mess with the stomach even more lol...it was a good choice. The burger was terrific. Service great. Good meal all around and got to catch the end of the Bama-Georgia game.
    2B8F6D8B-09A5-4E63-BC07-FC8EF071ECEA.jpeg
    E228EE74-F9E5-4820-AEFF-3FDCC49A51CD.jpeg

FDF7669B-EA73-4CD2-AC93-772E901F4E66.jpeg
    (As you can probably tell...it was really good)

Then it finally happen. We decided to walk back to the Flamingo by walking over to Cosmo and down through Bellagio and Caesar’s since we hadn’t been over this trip. Walking through the Bellagio we decided to try our luck (which was risky since I hadn’t had none) and went in a couple hundred bucks a piece into a $25 dollar machine. Won a little...enough to keep going and then hit a 4OAK which paid out 250 credits. FINALLY! We split the winnings and have been on cloud nine since. I’ve been tempted to play it back but fortunately for me I have to be at the airport in 11 hours and have a show to watch tonight so I have enough time to pack my stuff...rest up and get ready for an all nighter which means I should be able to keep most of what I am finally up!
    A84D1185-7B93-4A5A-8C1E-EB0BE10D087F.jpeg
    Will see what tonight holds and probably finish this report up sitting at the airport before the sun comes up inthe morning!

Guys Trip!
    • Like Like x 15
    • Wow! Wow! x 8
  6. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Shane! That's fucking awesome! Best of luck the rest of your trip!

Hope you eat some more good food!

7. Shane.Decker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my last 8 hours has come and gone and now I set in a completely empty terminal at 4:00 a.m. waiting for a really early flight back to reality...
    BED4865A-A6E9-4F3D-98DC-F763D203417E.jpeg
    The last part of the trip consisted of catching Anthony Kools again. The guy I was with hadn’t seen it so I maybe tried to get him to get hypnotized so I could buy the show and use it as blackmail but it didn’t work....

Knowing that I had to be at the airport this early I knew I was going to be pulling an all-nighter so needed to find some energy that would keep me going. Alcohol was out of the question since I had to drive the rental car back...so me and the buddy finished off the trip like so many and that was dancing with random strangers at Carnival Court until it closed down. Knowing i still needed to pack parted with my friend who doesn’t leave until tomorrow and headed back to pack up.

Most importantly though I managed Avoiding blowing any of the recent winnings and came back ahead!

Lastly a few take away from the trip...
    1. The next time hertz gives me a camaro look at them and throw the key in their face. Not made for 30ish 6”1 guys whose lifetime of sports injuries, military stuff, and just doing reckless, dumb crap over the years has his body breaking down.
    2. Your not out of the fight until you stop shooting the bullets - last ditch effort paid off and got me back in the game
    3. Encore rooms are freaking awesome...little bit of club noise but I can sleep through anything.
    4. I shall never book a flight this early again...this sucks!!!
    5. Lastly I should make more of an effort to meet some more VMB peeps... After meeting up with one it was quick to see no matter the age difference, bankroll difference, what we play there’s an underlying thing linking is all...and that is Vegas!

Well that will wrap it up...first time doing a Trip Report...hope it is sufficient and a good read for a few!

Guys Trip!
    • Like Like x 14
  8. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report!

Two 21st Birthday Celebrations
    Spring 2019 Sky Suites Trip
  9. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. Great hit on vp.

10. ginmil

ginmil Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun report thank you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tonez78

Tonez78 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice finish with the $25 machine! I'll be there this Thursday with some buddies and we planned on doing the same thing, couple hundos each on a 25 machine and split if we win. Thanks for sharing your TR. It's always nice leaving LV with a win and this one since its so close to Xmas.

12. rooster42000

rooster42000 Patriots #1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice Report

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and amazing hit there at the end!

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! Congrats on the high limit VP stab!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zorba

Zorba Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun report, congrats on the big hit!

First Time Back in 10 Years!
  16. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and congrats!

17. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great TR thnx for sharing and nice hit on the 4 oaks:thumbsup:

18. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We could have told you this flight time sucks! Why did you book it?

19. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really fun TR and a damn nice hand pay. Man, I totally get how you felt in an empty airport in the wee hours on getaway day. I’ve done that a couple of times and after a trip full of sensory overload a barren McCarran is kind of a shock to the system. Thx for all the posts!!

:peace: :beer:

Christmas Week Fun at Cosmo 12/18 - 12/27
  20. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on the handpay and finishing your trip a winner!!