1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots $150 freeplay - what to use it on?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Dearns, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi.

Between us my wife and I will have $150 freeplay for the MGM via MyVegas. The idea is to run it through when we arrive and turn it into real money to add to our bankroll. Are there any slots that you would recommend to use it on? Looking for a slot that has a max bet of around $3 maybe up to $5 that has some decent bonuses that could really maximise the return on the freeplay. Has to be at the MGM as one of the conditions of the freeplay is that you have to have a booking at the hotel where you use it.

Dearns

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freeplay works exactly the same as cash. I treat it just like other cash I insert in the machine.

No different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go play the old school 3 reel dollar machines just to the left (West) of the registration desk.
    Some are single line with only 2 or 3 credits max bet. Some are 5 line for $5 a spin. Best odds for you.
    I would play Video Poker with that freeplay myself though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    back in May, I had won $100 in free play at the Fremont. I played an old school .25 cent machine, 3 reels, single line .75 cents per spin. when the $100 was gone, I cashed out with $212 in winnings. I was quite pleased with that outcome. and because I was at the Fremont, I was able to inhale about 3 cartons worth of 2nd hand cigarette smoke for free as well.

6. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to gamble with it, play whatever you would play with regular money.

If your goal is to turn it into as much cash as possible, play some VP (JOB or BP, low denom, multi hand).

7. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do $1 VP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm taking my $250.00 FSP from Cosmo on 10/7 directly to $1.00 VP! I'd suggest that you do the same!

9. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I'm gonna have to brush up on my VP strategy!

10. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some dollar slots could have as high as 97% payout. Whereas if you don't play VP optimally, you can end up below that rate. So, if you don't know or enjoy VP, you can stick to dollar slots.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Playing a low volatility slot or VP gives you the best chance of converting the freeplay to a cash amount that's close to the original amount of freeplay. You then recycle that cash through and get the benefit of it adding to your coin in for comps purposes. But even if you are able to convert it 100%, if you are playing at a level where you're getting $150 in freeplay, $150 isn't really that significant an addition to your overall bankroll (unless you only go for 1 or 2 nights at a time).

So the other strategy is to go for a big score by playing a high volatility slot, or a large denomination (like $25 on slots or $5 on VP). I've had really good luck doing that, and the best thing is, even if you come up empty, you didn't hurt your original bankroll.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd prefer to use it on something that doesn't need much thinking! My only experience with VP is on an online trainer and a brief flirtation one night last trip. Put $100 in and played it down to $40 within 20 mins so chickened out and cashed out. From looking around at trip reports I'm thinking Top Dollar, Wheel of Fortune or Quick Hits may do the job.

We only planned and booked to go last weekend so we're only taking around $400 per day for the 4 days. Of that an absolute max of $200 per day will be used for gambling so $150 is a sizeable chunk of that bankroll.

13. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think I'm going to look at those machines. I have a very limited understanding of VP so I wouldn't be confident I'd be playing optimum strategy. Any of the machines you mentioned stand out?

14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... playing the 3 reel $1 machines is a good choice. I would avoid the ones such as megabucks or others that have a progressive that is linked to a gazillion other machines. let us know how it turns out.

15. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Video Poker is easily the best bet. Find a low volatility game such as Jacks or Better or Bonus Poker. Just use the simple strategy and you will be playing a good game that is much better than almost any slot you will find. It's also easy to keep track of when you can cash out. 10 hands of $1 level ($5 a hand) is the cash out point for $50 in freeplay. Here's a link: http://wizardofodds.com/games/video-poker/strategy/jacks-or-better/9-6/simple/

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally run any freeplay through a $5 Double Diamond slot. Last year it worked out winning $1600 on just $30 of freeplay. If I had over $100 of freeplay I would play $1 DDB VP.

Mark

17. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Chuck,

Dearns got the $150 freeplay as a reward from myVegas, not by playing.

18. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I would do too. Probably not as high as $25 per spin, but $5-15 yes, so I still have at least 10 chances to hit something.

But personally I would go for VP and I don't have a lot of experience either. I only discovered it on my last trip and never heard of optimal play yet then, just used my poker experience and common sence (beginners luck that was, lol). But coming trip I plan to give it a serious go, cause I like that you have the best odds, but still can hit it big with just one spin.

What I'll do is, I will look up a list of my two favorite VP games, with all the viable ways to play an initial hand in order of importance and make a screenshot (on my phone). That way I can just pull it up when playing, to check optimal play when in doubt (without the need for an internet connection).

And seeing your counter, you still have 24 days to practise online ;-)

19. Lady Fortuna

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tip: If you can't get the whole list in one screen shot, make the screen smaller until you can see the whole list in one view and take the screenshot. Then when you pull up the picture, you can enlarge it again, so you can read it better (without that you have to go back and forward between two pictures to see the whole list).

20. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you may have just swayed me with the way of having a 'guide' on hand to help!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.