1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10 days in Vegas and Stressing over my hotel choice on strip

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Travelingman, Dec 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travelingman

Travelingman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a dream trip planned and obsessing over finding the right affordable strip hotel. I don't spend a lot of time in room but usually stay down at Freemont at the D in a basic room. Now I'm assessing over hotel suites, which one looks at the Fountains. See what VMB is doing to me!!!!!. Life was simple before this message board. I got 5 nights comped at Bally's basic room and I'm upset. I need an attitude adjustment!!!! - 10 days in Vegas and I'm still spending time planning and enjoying this VMB for better places to stay and eat.

2. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will you be in Jubilee tower at Bally's? Best views there. I love the Resort tower for the quiet, but ALL the rooms are in good shape and much bigger than the D rooms. Enjoy!!

3. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's kinda funny, but I went through a similar progression over the years: I'd get a basic room at Bally's in my early 20s, then worked my way through a selection of increasingly luxurious rooms and suites up and down the strip, and the current most likely candidate for my next trip is... a basic room at Bally's. They're spacious, recently renovated, centrally located, smoker friendly, and generally a great value. I just needed to rack up some experience to really appreciate that.

Well, it's actually between that and the Encore... :noangel:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    EDC
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  4. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fountain view room at the Cosmopolitan will work, but it will cost you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally settled on Bally’s strip view for my late February trip with a friend. I’m excited-never stayed at Bally’s! It’s definitely a bargain and great location.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel this! :haha:

I started with the Circus Circus Manor Rooms, moved to MSS downtown, then worked my way around the Strip mid level properties. Landed at Paris for several trips. Wynn last July and now a Cosmo fountain view suite. Not sure how much I can keep doing that. :)

If it helps, Ballys is a great property. Being connected to Paris increases your food options without going outside. It's a great location for wandering and exploring.

You will have a wonderful trip.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. SAll11

SAll11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve stayed at MGM TI Flamingo Bally’s and NYNY. For location and price Bally’s had the best room. We had a high floor on the side where you can see Paris and the Fountains. The music is a little loud at night but by the time we hit the bed in Vegas we’re so tired it does t matter.

Our next trip is Vdara.

• Like Like x 1
  8. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Bally's, Jubilee Tower strip view, for our next trip in May. I have 4 nights comped, and I even went as far and spoke to a customer service rep. and she assured me, if I requested a high floor, and a quiet room, that I would still have the strip view and would not hear the club noise. Not quite sure how that would work, but who am I to quibble? LOL I booked it.

9. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do this:

Break up your trip. Staying 10 days in Vegas could mean as many as three different places stayed in terms of hotels - if you want to get adventurous. With you having five of those days at Bally's comped - use and make the most of those, then use the other five days at Cosmo or another place that looks good to you. I would book the "better/luxe" hotel after Bally's.

I did a nine day stay last trip - six days at MGM Grand, three days in a Terrace One Bedroom Fountain View at Cosmo. So I got that "cherry on top" of the trip by staying at Cosmo for the three days that it cost me less money, and had a host of other Vegas experiences too. Make the most of the more "modest" (and that's a relative term here) properties by booking the room(s) that give bang for the buck at these specific properties. I had a Grand king booked at MGM and talked my way into a suite at the desk that's not even listed in their literature. There's a lot of "better rooms at value properties" too if you research them here.

And with Uber/Lyft, the game has COMPLETELY changed in Vegas because it's almost like having personal limo service. No matter where you are staying on the Strip, you can call that Uber and get whisked to whatever club, restaurant, or other place that interests you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Audible. The Cosmo balcony fountain view is one of my favorite views! Unfortunately, Cosmo is it's own stand alone property and I'm a big CET guys who likes to wander around for play so I'll usually split a trip up.

Punk Rock Bowling!
    Formula 1!
  11. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too. We do 7 days, 6 nights (comped by Boyd) and split them up between Orleans and Gold Coast. Yes, it's a pain to move but having 2 different rooms makes it feel like 2 different trips.

12. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife just hates packing up and moving but if we are staying more than 4 days I usually get 2 properties booked. Will only stay where comped and much of the time 4 days is the max.
    Stayed at Bally's on one trip 5-6 years ago and the room was very large and wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.