1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$10 credit; no housekeeping at 4Q?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Korytheman, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korytheman

Korytheman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read that there is a $10 credit if you opt out of daily room cleaning. Not sure how it works....not first day and not last day??

We check in Saturday for 3 nights (sat-Tue)

So, we don't get it for Saturday night, nor Monday night?

We would only get $10 for Sunday night?

I was thinking 3 nights-$30...No?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish more places did this. We pick up after ourselves as we do not like the mess while waiting for housekeeping. Like at home, towels are good for more than one shower. So, we really do not need housekeeping at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We never use housekeeping either. Hang the do not disturb sign on the door and take it off as we leave. I really don't care for the idea of ppl in my room when I'm not there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1st and last night do not count. They have to clean room for first day and they have to clean room when you leave. 3 days you get 1 $10. 4 nights $20. etc. Also have to sign up for it when you check in. But I believe you must use the $10 each day , cannot accumulate. It is a food/drink credit. Does not come off bill.

5. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dad had $10 resort credit every day he didn't use the housekeeping at The Westgate when he visited in October.

6. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the 4Q a few months ago and used the credit, and here's how it worked:

1) You do need to tell the clerk you want the credit when you check in.

2) If you stay three nights, you'll get two credits ($20). Basically you're getting $10 for each time they would normally clean your room but don't have to. Since they have to clean the room the day you check out, it's number of nights-1.

3) I'm not positive about having to use each $10 credit the day it is earned, but I don't think this is the case. When I checked out they just took $20 total off my food and beverage charges; eaglejohn is correct that it only applies against food and beverage charges, not other charges.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is how I roll.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I did on my last trip, and usually just get the room done a couple times a week.

I call housekeeping and ask for my room to be serviced, and then just give the girl $10 to blitz they room while I catch up with work on my laptop.

9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don not need clean sheets for our stay. Who changes sheets at home every couple days? Towels, we just get off cart as needed , when they are doing other rooms. Dump our own trash. Do not disturb the whole time. Leave decent tip at end of stay. Of course we are old and don't make a mess and don't have keg parties in the room.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You counted the final clean up day twice. They do not clean when someone leaves and then clean again when somebody checks in. They only do it once - after the guest leaves.

11. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar to SPG which offers $5 or 500 points to skip housekeeping. That's enough incentive for me to forgo housekeeping during short stays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.