1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10/6 - 10/8 weekend report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bobgold, Oct 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The flight down from SF was good, a little bumpy near Vegas but it was fine. The line for check in was 15 minutes and the line for security was another 15 minutes. not bad.
    The line for cabs at the airport in vegas was another 15 minutes. I guess business is picking up. It's warm but not hot (near 90) a bit overcast as we check in to the New Frontier and it is pretty much what I expect. Like a midsized airport hotel in a mid western city. Except it has a casino in the lobby. Fun. It's right across the street from the Desert Inn which is in the process of being torn down to make room for a huge new hotel. This according to the cab driver is going to make the owners of the New Frontier "put up or shut up". word is they hope to tear it down and put up a San Francisco themed place.
    We get a suite on the 10th floor and it really is big. Two rooms, wet bar, the usual deal. It looks out on the pool, the strip, the being torn down Desert Inn and towards the Stratosphere . I've got a two for one at the lunch buffet downstairs so we run down and just make it in time. They put away the Mac and Cheese just after we got some. Close call. Seriously, it wasn't bad for 8 bucks so we couldn't complain.
    We walked down and saw the battle at Treasure Island. Then crossed over and walked around the Venetian. I decided I didn't like casinos with high ceilings. bad luck. One more thing about this place. I couldn't get a drink to save my life in this casino. We played for about 30 minutes and couldn't find anyone to take our order. For such a grand place this was disappointing. We walked back to the hotel and took a nap. Went back out at around 9:30pm and tried to catch a shuttle to the Luxor. Between waiting for the shuttle and the bus ride from hell we get down there about 90 minutes later. We have some margaritas and coronas and then make our way over to the big nightclub at Luxor, RA. My cover is $20 bucks but I have a coupon for Jackie to get in free. They give her a hard time but eventually let her in. The place is packed. It's pretty small but it looks cool. The crowd is average kids from So . and No. Cal. Danced for a while and had some more drinks. It was fun and they had faucets in the bathroom that looked like snakes. Water comes out the mouth. Cool.
    We left around 1am and walked around over to Mandalay Bay. Very nice. Then we went over to the 24 hr restaurant at the Tropicana. Sat down for dinner at 2am. This was a goal of mine, mission accomplished. Food was decent (for 2am) and cheap so that was good. Took a cab back to the Frontier and got to bed around 3am. Not bad for the first night I'd say.
    I'll post more if anyone is interested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.