1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

[02/20-03/02] 10 nights, 5 hotels

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ARE U SRS?, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving your report!:nworthy::nworthy::beer::beer:

2. RM777

RM777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying your report, my friend!

3. ARE U SRS?

ARE U SRS? Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I had a pretty busy week – St. Paddy‘s Day, my birthday and a lot of things to do for university. I have a few days off now and I will try to finish my trip report within the next days.

Thank you all!

Haha, the tub is larger than it looks like. I didn’t have any problems with it…

Like Smo said, it is the standard room (Hollywood Hip).

4. ARE U SRS?

ARE U SRS? Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
    I feel alive and the world I'll turn it inside out - yeah
    And floating around in ecstasy
    So don't stop me now don't stop me
    'Cause I'm having a good time having a good time"

Queen – Don’t stop me now

DAY 7: 02/26

Once again, my night ended a little earlier than expected. I didn’t have huge problems with jetlag on previous trips, but this time it hit me pretty hard.

And so another day with free food started, I had a $50 food credit at the Planet Hollywood, so I had breakfast at the Spice Market Buffet. I haven’t been there before, but I will definitely come back on the next trip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the breakfast I went to the Bellagio for an early-morning session with a little profit. On my last trips I only played there sporadic, but I learned to love the room more and more, so it might become my new “home” for poker.

After some shopping and some video-poker (no quads this time) I went to my favourite burger restaurant in Vegas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell’s kitchen burger with truffle-parmesan fries, absolutely awesome! And so BurGR is still #1 on my list…

After the dinner I had a little nap, before I played my second session at the Bellagio for the day, and again it was a winning session.

Before I went back to my room, I had a little walk to the south side of the strip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way:
    New countdown-timer!!! ;)

Like Chris Rea said, driving "home" for christmas! :)

5. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip report, you made us feel like we were there too, and the pictures were excellent!!

6. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A new countdown counter is always a lovely thing!

7. higgiel

higgiel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoying the trip report. Loving the photos too. You have a huge appetite for breakfast! The burgers seem paltry by comparison. Nice job on the VP as well. :wave:

8. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and photos.

Anyone know why burgers and fries are not served on the same plate in the burger speciality restaurants of Las Vegas?

Why is it that:

Cheap burgers (fast food) come in wrappers with fries in a separate carton

Mid-level burgers come with the sides on the same plate

High level burgers sit on a wrapper on the plate and fries are served in special container all their own?

Just curious

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report and all the photos really have me in the mood for Vegas in 9 days (even after the beating I took earlier this month). I agree, Wicked Spoon is the best buffet in Vegas.....I'm always surprised when I read a bad review. I don't care for Bacchanal at Caesars and people rave about it. One of the few places I've never stayed (or played) is TI. I think the only time I've been there was to go to Kahunaville. I think I'll give it a try on this trip.
    Loved all the photos; thank you for posting!

10. enaime

enaime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing report! Pics make all the difference. I will have to go back and visit Ramseys burger joint. My last experience was terrible and I swore not to go back there again, but after your review I want to give it another try.

Also, next time you visit the Venetian, try the burger at the Grand Lux. I know, unlikely spot for a great burger, but trust me give it a shot. B&B was also pretty good at the Venetian, we agreed on that one.

So far I have learned one very important lesson from your report........I NEED TO PLAY MORE VIDEO POKER!

11. ARE U SRS?

ARE U SRS? Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Right, right turn off the lights
    We gonna lose our minds tonight
    What's the dealeo?

I love when it's all too much
    5 a.m., turn the radio up
    Where's the rock and roll?"

Pink – Raise your glass

DAY 8: 02/27

Thanks to myVegas, I got another free breakfast today, I went to the buffet at the Bellagio for the very first time. But first I had to catch up something that I have missed the last days:

[​IMG]

The line at the buffet wasn’t very long, so it only took a few minutes until I was seated and could enjoy the breakfast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I returned to the Planet Hollywood, packed my bags and checked out. Time for one last cigarette before leaving:

[​IMG]

;)

Time to go to the Monte Carlo, where I had a reservation for one night in a Spa Suite. Not a bad place to stay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great room for a reasonable price ($90 for a Thursday night), definitely the best room I have stayed in so far (well, one day later this should change again)!

I also had dinner at the MC with a myVegas-reward that is pretty hard to get, the $50 dining credit which I used for another awesome burger:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next to come: my first 5-star-hotel experience and some fine dining!

12. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to more of your TR!

13. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR and photos. I hope to be eating at some of the same places very soon.

14. zoey11

zoey11 Mid roller and Vegas fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your trip report and pictures, you've had some awesome looking burgers this trip!!
    Looking forward to more!

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you're picking this back up! Great stuff! Really looks like Queens liked you this trip. Hopefully you have some Aces upcoming!

16. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good TR....I believe you have captured the essence of "a picture is worth 1k words", sir.....:nworthy:

17. ARE U SRS?

ARE U SRS? Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate all your answers to my posts!

18. ARE U SRS?

ARE U SRS? Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    “And here I go again on my own
    Goin' down the only road I've ever known,
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
    An' I've made up my mind
    I ain't wasting no more time”​

Whitesnake – Here I go again​

DAY 9: 02/28

After one night in the wonderful Spa Suite I had to move again. But I will definitely come back! Although the Monte Carlo might be a “lower tier” hotel within the mLife-range, I really liked it and enjoyed my stay. And I think that this suite has a really good price/value ratio. Very large room, separate bar/kitchen area and a whirlpool with strip view for less than $100 a night…

After the check-out I had a little walk at the strip where I saw something I have never seen before in Vegas: rain! And a pretty heavy rain! Fortunately, after 10 minutes the dark clouds disappeared and the sun came back.

I decided to see another show that night, so I went to tix4tonite and got a ticket for my favorite show in Vegas (well, not really a surprise ;) ):

[​IMG]

After I picked up my ticket at the Venetian, I went back to the Bellagio to play some poker. Since I knew I wouldn’t be sober enough to play another session in the evening, I played almost four hours and again got a good profit.

When I came back on the strip, the rain had returned, so I hurried to check in at the Aria to make my first 5-star experience. I even got an upgrade to a city-view room without asking. Running good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In my last post, I wrote that the Spa Suite was the best room I have stayed in so far, but it got on the second place from the moment I opened the door to my room at the Aria. Fantastic room, awesome bathroom and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!

Since I didn’t had a breakfast, I was starving a little bit so I decided to have a good meal at one of the restaurants here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Signature Tasting Menu at Julian Serrano:

- wild mushroom soup | shiitake | crimini | oyster | foie gras cream
    - gambas | sautéed shrimp | garlic | arbol chilis
    - beef tenderloin | garlic mashed potatoes | mushroom sauce
    - santiago’s cake | almond cake | turrón ice cream | candied almonds
    - wine pairing

$99 total (+tip)… I can highly recommend this meal!

After the dinner it was time to go to the Venetian to see Rock of Ages. It was the third time I have seen this show, and once again it was f’in awesome! I love this kind of music, I had a lot of drinks and I still get goosebumps when I hear “Don’t stop believing”. A perfect evening with a wonderful experience!

19. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this trip report! Special thanks for the Julian Serrano pics. I've been dying to go, and these pics just helped convince my husband he'll find something he enjoys. :nworthy: So glad you had a great vacation!

20. bigfish187

bigfish187 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome TR. Month and a half before my trip and reading about your adventure is getting me very excited. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.