1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

‘Tis The Season To Be In Vegas. 12/16-12/19 @ Mirage (Semi-Live)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by RRust69, Dec 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Headed back to Vegas for trip #14. Unlike the previous 13 trips, this will be a solo trip. Vegas really isn’t my wife’s thing and my frequent Vegas buddy, GT, wasn’t feeling a trip right now due to us flying out just six weeks from now over Super Bowl weekend. Me? I can’t get enough of this place! Looking forward to seeing the joint all decked out for Christmas!

Without further ado, here’s the bullet point intro:

•Flying Frontier. Wheels up at 8:10pm MST. Wheels down at 9:20pm PST. $48 round trip. I hope that includes air in the tires.

•Inflight entertainment courtesy of my iPad: “Killing Gunther” starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Looks like a fun action flick.

•No carry on or checked bags. Just a backpack containing 3 changes of clothes, a small toiletry kit, an iPad, small battery bank, earbuds and a wall charger with cables.

[​IMG]

•Staying 3 nights at The Mirage on a comp offer. Will try the $20 trick to see if I can upgrade from the standard Resort Queen.

•Gambling will mostly consist of slots and video poker with possibly a few buy-ins at craps. I have $200 in freeplay to use in addition to my bankroll. Most play will be at Mlife properties to keep these offers coming.

[​IMG]

•No set dining plans. I have MyVEGAS rewards for breakfast/lunch buffets at both Mirage and Belliago. The rest of my meals will take place according to where I am when I feel like eating. I have a list of places to try and will attempt to get 1-2 of those knocked out this trip.

•May try and grab a comedy show tomorrow night either at The STRAT or at The D.

•Not sure how much I’ll write over the next couple of days other than posting photos with brief captions. I’ll do a proper trip summary and answer any questions once I’m home.

Posting this while waiting at the gate for our plane to paradise to arrive and we can begin boarding. All I can say to that is...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A59B09CE-8E63-42C2-9373-EFB59B8DCF2A.jpeg

Nothing like a big plate of biscuits and gravy from Hash House A Go Go at 11:30pm.

More soon...

• Like Like x 3
  3. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick update from yesterday...

•Flight was extraordinarily ordinary. No drama, no delays. Took off on time, landed 5 minutes early. Not too shabby for $15.

•”Killing Gunther” was great for an action comedy. Don’t want to spoil it, but basically a bunch of ragtag hitmen (and hitwoman) try to kill the best hitman in the world.

•Uber from the airport to Mirage was...interesting. Older driver who seemed normal at first but when we got to LV Blvd, he turned onto it and we took the scenic route down the strip which wasn’t too busy. At one point he tells me he doesn’t drive on the interstate after dark because he nearly died in an accident there a few years ago. We arrived to the hotel a few minutes later than advertised but hey, if it made the old fella feel better, so what?

•Check In was a breeze. Literally nobody in line in front of me. $20 trick got me a Queen with a strip view 4 rooms from the elevator. Just what I asked for. They had a Tower King they were willing to give me but it was nearly at the end of the hall. I like the short walks off the elevator when a little (or a lot!) tipsy, so this works for me.

•Hash House was good. I needed something to eat as I was starving and was in the mood for biscuits and gravy. They didn’t disappoint.

•Only played about 30 minutes of slots last night. Put $40 in a Wild Nugget game and was able to get two rum and cokes while playing that. I didnt put my Mlife card in as I didn’t want to get dinged with a low playing day. Cashed out with a little over $30 so not bad for two drinks.

•Came back to the room and I was out by 1am.

•Up now and getting ready to Uber down to Excalibur and then make the slow trek back to Mirage stopping off at Cosmo for a District Donut.

• Like Like x 8
  4. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  5. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Maybe it’s the two Irish Coffee’s I’ve had, but I swore this pigeon just told me to cash out my IRA and put it all on the Pats +450 to win it all again.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  6. cg123

cg123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not an authentic Las Vegas pigeon if it doesn't have a cowboy hat.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  7. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D9A3604E-829E-4648-B4BA-FF13B0C1EA22.jpeg

36B8F122-5BB9-46A9-9AED-46E487805049.jpeg

CD8985C7-3233-41F2-B034-B08EA324D4FB.jpeg

C’mon Baby...let’s go win some $$

• Like Like x 9
  8. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they give everyone a baby with a King Cake? I call bogus!!! Haha

Thanks for the reminder that I need to stop by the Mirage next week.....I love seeing all my animals with little santa hats on :)

That pigeon was cute. Thanks for not being mean to it, and letting it sleep. I saw some unruly kids chasing the birds over and over on Thanksgiving and yelling at them - I get the appeal of maybe once, but when you're being a jerk, parents should say "no more".

Now go win some money!!!

This is not a Vegas timer
    Another Timer, for Another Time
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right!! But on the other hand, that was one damn delicious donut!!

I’m trying but Belliago is being a fickle son of a bitch! I guess they don’t understand I have a baby I need to feed!

380946FF-9FF4-45E7-BF0F-87BCB2E2464E.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bela Oxmyx

Bela Oxmyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to be an incredibility interesting and fun TR read - keep it coming and knock-en dead $$$ at the Mirage !

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

It’s only 1pm...how can this be???

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

And here comes the wrestling playlist...

13. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F8622152-8C03-4A8B-A5E1-083C5D3FD558.jpeg
    03D2DBE7-AACD-48BB-B17E-2E98DCD2C52B.jpeg
    2984F003-9CD7-46E4-8FF2-2EB44CF3F0D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I broke my “only play Mlife properties” rule with a $5 buy in (big spender ALERT!!) on a $1 min bubble craps machine at Caesars because the waitress had stopped to take drink orders. 15 minutes later I walk away with

6F2BC963-191F-43DF-B29F-6FC697E02E72.jpeg

A 700% return on buy in? I just wanted a free drink!! I’ll take it.

• Like Like x 5
  15. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Mirage Lunch Buffet compliments of MyVEGAS. Think a slightly better Golden Corral EXCEPT for the desserts.

[​IMG]

I don’t know their correct fancy names, but let me give a run down. That solid little chocolate bar? Divine. It was like a little chocolate pillow in my mouth. The multilayered bar next to it? It had friggin raspberry jelly-like stuff hidden in the middle. Another little pillow in my mouth. And the mini-cupcake next to it? Moist (but not sticky) vanilla cake topped with what I imagine were once the tears of the Gods topped with caramel sauce. In between each dessert, I’d take a hit off that peach sorbet to cleanse the palette or some shit. *****. Would eat again.

It was good for free. Back in the room trying to decide if I want to go see a comedy show, Atomic Saloon or if I want to get the gambling portion of this trip really started? I have all my freeplay plus the majority of my daily bankroll.

Decisions, Decisions...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My one day Vegas record of 22,000 steps could be in danger...

[​IMG]

Nah, I’m going to sit on my ass for a good 3-4 hours tonight. Record is safe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit this off my $25 Konami FP from Mirage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pocket dump confirms up $93 after breakfast this morning and tips.

Buffalo!!

• Like Like x 4
  18. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the room getting ready to head over to V/P. Plan is to get a drink at video poker, walk around for a few and then decide where to eat. Knowing me, it’ll be the food court. Why do I low roll my meals??? Maybe it’ll be Buddy V’s or Yardbird. (It won’t though, it’ll be the food court.) After that, I’ll swing by Atomic Saloon ticket box and see if they have a single ticket for tonight. If not, then I’ll likely head to either the Strat for their comedy club or downtown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. dis220

dis220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use the Konami freeplay on Buffalo? I thought it was limited to those Konami machines...

20. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the way that MLife adds your FreePlay to the card. I've had experiences of it being straight freeplay at Luxor and Mirage.

This is not a Vegas timer
    Another Timer, for Another Time
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.