1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

¿Thoughts on Jaleo?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thecarve, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at Cosmo next month and starting to contemplate some dining options. I'm familiar with many of Cosmo's offerings but I've never tried Jaleo.

Anyone have an opinion? I like Serrano next door...will I also like Jaleo?

Gracias

2. Madchef

Madchef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will like Jaleo, I do prefer Serrano better but Jaleo is similar in menu offerings. I think the hot spot vibe is whats different between the two. First time I ate at Jaleo I thought it was very good, but second I was less impressed. Was at Serrano just this last month and was still enamored with the flavors, and offerings. I think if your looking for scenery with good food Jaleo will deliver, I just think as a foodie Serrano has better food but almost splitting hairs. enjoy

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My reaction to Jaleo is .... meh. Doesn't compare to JS. There's nothing wrong with it, but no dishes that were particularly memorable either

4. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great experience at Jaleo last year. I might rate it a slight notch above Julian Serrano. The vibe and people watching is definitely better.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Jaleo was very good but a bit overpriced. If you're used to spend that kind of bank on dinner, then you'll like it. If you're looking for a value play, this isn't it. I've only had Spanish food about 4 times in my life so I can't speak to its authenticity but it was very tasty and I'm a picky eater.

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jaleo is fantastic. It is spendy -- the $20 gin and tonic is expensive but the best mixed drink on the Strip for my taste (also easily recreated at home, which is a plus) -- but the food is consistently excellent. They have a fantastic lunch special, which includes the paella, which is superb. Just a great joint, great vibes, and great staff. I always stop in every trip.

7. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Danny, how do you compare it to JS? As I noted in my post above, I was a tad disappointed in Jaleo. But all these posts are making me think I need to give it a second chance

8. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The first time i went to Jaleo i thought it might have a small edge over JS. Since then i had a couple of just decent meals there and a great one so i find it to be inconsistent. JS has always been rock solid so its now my preference. With that said i haven't been to Jaleo in almost 2 years so maybe they got this issue resolved.

9. whifi

whifi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know as a G&T lover myself. will be hitting up Jaleo for this on my next trip in May.

10. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a Jaleo right down the street from my house, as Jose Andres has a restaurant every 5 blocks in the DC area. Jaleo is fine but I prefer JS. Maybe it is because I haven't had it as often. The funny thing when I was out in Vegas for a business meeting last summer, we ended up Jaleo and it was probably the best meal I have eaten at the Jaleo. Give it a try.

December 20 - 28
  11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 of us ate at é a few years back, and it was a superb all round experience.

Very different, but I wouldn't put anyone off going, and may try it again one trip, if I can raise the numbers :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.