1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Surprise Vegas Trip - how to reveal?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Woman2Blame, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woman2Blame

Woman2Blame Tourist

I'm surprising my husband with a trip to Vegas. I'm stuck on the "reveal" though. Ideally, I wanted to drive him blindfolded to the airport (if he saw which exit I got off on the highway, he'd know we were going to the airport before we even got there....there's no other reason to be in that part of town...so blindfolded it is!) and surprise him at the airport with the tickets in a card. I've taken my husband on much smaller surprise trips and he enjoyed the surprise, so I figure he probably wouldn't be mad about this...just a little shocked. He's not a picky dresser, so I would have no problem packing his bags ahead of time (he's had me pack for him before....he's a shorts, t-shirt, and flips flops kind of guy.)

If someone drove you to the airport and surprised you with a boarding pass to Vegas, would you be thrilled? or annoyed that they didn't give you a little more notice?

Any other ideas for revealing it to him?

2. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be an amazing gift if my wife surprised me with a trip to Vegas. My only concern would be if I had the money for the trip, but I would manage to have a good time even on a small budget. So i think that's an awesome idea.

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    *this*, bring his checkbook at get cash at the cage though, problem solved

as far as the blindfold goes, just tell him he's going on a plane but won't find out where until you get to TSA screening

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would be over the moon about it.

I surprised my wife with a trip to Vegas once. What I did was buy a photo album, print out pictures of each thing we were doing on our trip (airplane, limo, Bellagio room, Beatles Love, etc.) and put those in the photo album. Wrapped it like a present and had it waiting for her when I popped a bottle of champagne and cued up Ocean's Eleven. One way to do it.

5. Woman2Blame

Woman2Blame Tourist

We definitely have the money available. I've been planning this for a little awhile and I've made sure to save up enough extra cash to have a good time.

I'm getting so excited! I just don't want the shock to ruin the excitement. I was thinking of giving him the tickets while out to dinner at his favorite restaurant the night before....but that doesn't seem as fun!

Our flight leaves early, so I'm going to have to wake him up at like 3am! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome!! What a nice surprise! :)

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could you tell him you had to pick up your mother/friend/co-worker/whoever at the airport and convince him to come along?

7. Loston815

Loston815 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife surprised me for my birthday a few years ago. I'm in Washington, D.C. Area, and she said that we're going to PA for my birthday. We did go to PA but it was a connecting flight to Vegas (SCORE!)

What she did was tell me to meet at the airport. She packed my bags and booked the flights and hotel. The only thing was that I kind of knew because when we checked in the desk showed the final destination.

I loved the surprise!

8. Woman2Blame

Woman2Blame Tourist

Not for this particular trip. He wouldn't believe it :(

9. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

That is the cutest idea! Love it!

10. Onion

Onion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

To answer your question; I would be thrilled if my wife did this for me!! I can't imagine your husband being annoyed unless he doesn't like Vegas. I say you wake him up right before you have to leave. That would be an amazing way to wake up!! Good luck and have fun!!

11. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a great idea. I'm a woman so probably wouldn't appreciate it (I can't even imagine would my boyfriend would pack for me :)), but if he is comfortable having you pack for him, I'd say blindfold him and hit the road :) Or you could just tell him the night before - which would still give him time to enjoy the anticipation and pack and last minute things he would want.

12. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Just tell him you booked a trip for the two of you to AC. When you get to the airport, after hearing him whine about AC, whip out the Vegas tickets!

13. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this for my wife on her birthday, maybe five years ago. Our daughter packed for her, and bought her new stuff also. I talked to her boss, and lined up a weeks vacation.

I woke her up early, gave her a new purse and told her to get ready, because we were leaving in an hour for a surprise. The 100ish miles to Cleveland was funny. She would go from happy to pissed, because I wouldn't tell her where we were going.

We parked at a park n ride by cle, when I popped the trunk to get the luggage she guessed where we were going. The shuttle driver must have thought she was nuts, because she was half crying she was so happy.

Blind fold him and have a great trip!

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like it, sort of.

But, for me, the anticipation of the trip is often a bigger deal than the trip itself. I am torn over this one.

Love the surprise, but...

15. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doing this for my wife in October. Not brave enough to pack for her though. I am telling her the weekend before we leave (her birthday) and am still working out how to do it. Already have the time off aligned up with her boss and just need to work on the reveal. I don't think she could deal with the stress of me packing for her.

16. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same with me. I like the anticipation and planning that comes with a trip, and visiting VMB to get even more pumped.

But, if she surprised me with a Vegas trip I'd be cool with it. She always does my packing so that won't be a problem.

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude! I did pretty much the same thing for my girlfriend once. I made a homemade photo album on that old timey type paper and tied it with twine and gave it to her. All pics from our previous trips so she would remember and then on the final page I wrote the dates for the surprise trip.

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the surprise idea by taking him to the airport. Like not even let him know until you get to the gate. That would be awesome.

19. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

how about a suitcase on the bed, with the flipflops and shorts, etc. along with the showgirl wig, heels, and tassels! if you are going to give him such a great surprise, good way to break it to him early and make it a little longer experience than just on the way to the airport!

20. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, you can tell him he is visiting the in-laws.
    Have them call and say they are looking forward to his visit.
    This way he gets to pack and is expecting to head to the airport.
    No need to hide anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.