1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas FreePlay Rewards- Not valid with 3rd party reservations?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by fugsworth, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpocky

Superpocky VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the 3rd party info guys, i'm sure it will help a lot of people like it will help me. Also good to know that using multiple FP rewards will require a longer stay, whether it being 3, 4, or 5 nights.

2. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear, the max number of nights that you have to stay is 4 not 5 for the FP That's even if you use all three

3. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    she told me one or the other, but then let me redeem both MyVegas offers at MGM

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I have posted the question to Facebook. I will post back when "Mitzi Mirage" has responded. Hopefully she will be able to clear it up. :)

5. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Da1chifan, I'm looking forward to the response :) I could always use another $50 in FP if I can use it :beer:

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what Mitzi posted:

Mitzi Mirage: At this time you are able to use the FP with another Mlife FP offer, this may change in the future but as of now you can.

Hope that helps! I hope it doesn't change before October, because that's when I am combining my offer's FP with MyVegas FP....

P.S. It did take her a day between posting she would find out and this response. So I am guessing she confirmed with someone, which makes me feel even better about it. :)

7. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Hopefully they don't make such a silly change. Marketing offer free play is given to established players with an expected level of play associated. MyVegas FP is just a shot in the dark. As it stands, my worries about MyVegas are that players club attendants and supervisors are playing with the rules. The phrase "can change at its' discretion" in the terms doesn't mean that the employees at the desk get to just make up whatever they want. In legal terms, it means that the company can change and repost the rules. They still have to repost the new rules in order for them to be valid.

8. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an update i just had this Q & A with M Life...

Hi,

I've been playing MyVegas ahead of an upcoming stay at the Monte Carlo but i've just been told that i can't use some of the rewards (notably the freeplay offers) if i booked through a 3rd Party (i used booking.com). Can you confirm whether i can use these offers or if i needed to book directly with the hotel to redeem?

Thanks,
    Simon

Hi Simon!

Thanks for your message. There are two components to your message that we can address.

First myVEGAS is a separate rewards program in which we partner. They do have their own program terms/policies and any future support questions can be addressed with them at [email protected].

We have reached out to our contacts in regards to the redemption policy and they have indicated that you are able to use a Third-Party booking site but you will need to be staying at the specific property in which you are redeeming the FREEPLAY.

As a side note and caveat: If you are an M life member booking through a Third-Party site, you will not earn our Tier Credits for that stay as Third-party bookings do not qualify.

For customer service feedback purposes, can you tell us if a resort told you that you would not be able to?

Thanks Simon! We look forward to hearing back from you!
    Sincerely,
    M life Social

9. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be very cautious in taking them at their word. Mitzi is really the person you need to ask and from what I've seen she has said that you can't.

10. jmwilson81

jmwilson81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I leave out next month. We are staying at NYNY and I know staying at the hotel is a requirement to get a matchplay coupon. My question is...if I get a $25 matchplay with my MyVegas points, (the room is in my name), can my wife get a $25 matchplay with hers since she is staying with me?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  11. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes but she has to be listed on the room. Unfortunately like all new rewards some of the MLife desks are erroneously telling people that the Freeplay rewards are only valid for the person who booked the room. Hopefully by the time you travel they will have worked out all the glitches.

12. jmwilson81

jmwilson81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I will get her name added. We are trying to get the best value for our points and this works out to be cheaper than comping the room the Friday night it is available on MyVegas.

13. jlwl2

jlwl2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK-
    So I am really confused

Going to Vegas in September

Have offer for 4 nights plus 200.00 freeplay at MGM

I have all three (10, 25 and 50) freeplay awards from MY Vegas

Can I use all three?
    And will it affect my 200.00 offer?
    Thanks

14. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to everything MyVegas has told players, the answer is yes to your question about being able to use the 3 rewards and NOT affect your comp offer.. The issue has been that every time a new reward is added, the level of knowledge and training for the personnel at various MLife desks varies. That's where confusion arises- a MLife attendant tells a player something different that what he actual rules are. Hopefully by the time you travel all the confusion about the FP rewards will be straightened out.

15. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasn't there something about night limitations? I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere, but can't find it now.
    $10 - 1 night
    $25 - 2 Nights
    $50 - 3 Nights

So, with a 4 night stay, you could use the $10 and the $50 since that would be 4 nights.

16. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Mitzi said was that it was 4 nights to use the two but even if you used all three, the stay requirement was still 4. So he's good to go.

17. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup:

18. jlwl2

jlwl2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info!
    Trip is in September-will report back what happens!:)

19. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Further confirmation that you can use freeplay rewards with a 3rd party booking:-

@redditchrocket
    Hi Mitzi, confused if i can use freeplay awards at Monte Carlo after booking hotel via booking.com - Yes/No? ty @Mitzi_myVEGAS - 10 Aug

Play myVEGAS
    @myVEGAS

@redditchrocket Yes you can :)

20. mutigers

mutigers Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from Vegas where my wife and I were unable to both redeem our reward for $25 in freeplay at Aria. They said that reward is limited to 1 per room. I told them I couldn't find that anywhere in their T & C. Didn't seem to matter to them. Also they wouldn't load up my $25 until the next morning at 8 am, in their words, "to prove I was staying for 2 nights because their system didn't show my reservation for 2 nights). Not sure why me being there the next morning at 8 am after my first night would prove anything. My 2 nights were booked through MyVegas rewards and linked (supposedly when I booked on the phone, but in reality didn't happen until check in). I talked to the front desk about this issue and she was very apologetic about the treatment at the MLife desk and was puzzled why they didn't just phone the front desk when I raised the issue. 2 trips and 2 rough experiences in redeeming these rewards ( last year, literally was at the MC MLife desk for an hour before they could figure out how to redeem the $50 food credit)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.