1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finding a shop on Main Street...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by amyanderson2511, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amyanderson2511

amyanderson2511 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much to my boyfriend's annoyance, I've ordered some clothing to a store in Vegas which is located at 1216 Main Street, which I will collect/purchase when we are in Vegas.

I don't know Vegas well at all - we are staying at The Mirage hotel. Would I best best getting a cab to this area or can a bus/monorail take us within walking distance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've tried looking at a map but it's confused the hell out of me!

2. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I google mapped it for you, and it's 2.9 miles one way,so it's up to you what transportation you find the easiest..
    To me a cab would be the quickest and best way to go :)

3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could take the bus, the Deuce, from the Mirage to there. I would go in the middle of the day and make sure he goes with you.

4. amyanderson2511

amyanderson2511 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both so much...I think a cab is the best option! Is Main Street a dodgy area? I can't seem to find much information on it online...when we were last in Vegas the store was located in Ceasers and I didn't realise it had moved!

5. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at the map that's in the Arts District so you can check out some other sights down there (quirky shops, galleries, bars etc.) and perhaps get the cab to/from Downtown rather than the Mirage - using the bus to get to/from the Strip to Downtown.

6. amyanderson2511

amyanderson2511 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're also planning on visiting Freemont so maybe stopping here either before or after Freemont would make sense!

Thanks for the info re: the Art District. I like quirky shops so will have a look.

I've only visited Vegas once and we were only there for 4 days and, aside from visiting the Grand Canyon via helicopter, we didn't leave the strip

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do take a cab, I assume we are talking about 1216 SOUTH Main Street and not 1216 North Main St. It makes a difference, so make sure to mention that.

8. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're fine taking the bus if you're not alone. But you probably don't want to lug around bags of clothes when you're trying to have fun on Fremont.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.