1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Should I make a solo one day trip next month?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ajp, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here is the deal, I have enough airline miles to cover the flight for free. I have a free room offer at the Rio. I have enough points on myvegas to snag a buffet or two. So essentially I could make the trip out for nothing out of pocket. I have never done a solo trip, and I have never done a single day trip before. Tell me VMB should or shouldn't I?

2. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One day isn't long enough for me. I would save the airline miles for a better opportunity.

3. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The miles mean nothing to me honestly. I get them faster than I can use them. I currently have over 150,000 miles with southwest.

4. whiskers69

whiskers69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One day not enough time checkin 3pm out by 11;00AM stay a couple of days at least

5. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to make a multi day trip as then I would need to take time off work.

6. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why one day?

I mean I know where you are coming from....I would do that with some buddies or a girl when you are just chilling and someone says "what we doing tonight".

Book a couple days!

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I've done it once before...had an old friend from the east coast going to vegas and since i am roughly 4 hours drive time fron vegas, i decided to drive up and hang. Left at 3 am and arrived in vegas around 7am. Got some breakfast, gambled a bit and then met him later in the morning. We played BJ and poker all day and just shot the chit. I left around 9pm and got back home around 12:30.

If you have the time and want to do it, I say go for it! I will be making a quick over-nighter trip next weekend. One day, two day, two weeks...its all good to me...I have fun and make the most of whatever time I get!

8. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd do the one day. I've actually done it before with a good offer and to avoid taking time off of work.

I say go for it! You only live once.

9. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I could do just one day. I don't even like to do two days as I leave unfulfilled!

10. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a 1 day solo in May, granted I met a friend's GF for drinks because she's local, but mostly it was a solo trip
    you get a lot more stuff done because you aren't waiting for others

11. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long is your flight and travel time to local airport?

12. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drive to the airport is 2 hours, flight is 3 hours direct. Basically I would land in Vegas on Sunday at 11:20am and fly out on Monday at 4:45pm. So I guess it is 1 night but 2 days.

13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm typically the bummer blanket around here, but I'm just not hanging with the feedback you are getting. Go! Why not? You have a window in your sched, you are explicit you don't want to add time, you can burn miles and apparently not cost yourself another opportunity elsewhere ... go! Is more better than less? Always. Is some better than none? Always.

Why you even asking?????

:thumbsup:

14. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had to work on Tuesday this trip would kill me. But it sounds like something I would have done 15 years ago. If you give yourself 2 hours to drive to the airport and allow only 1 hour to spare, plus 3 hours on plane, that's 6 hours of travel time. Too long for me for one night. Now if you can through in Saturday night things change.

Just noticed you are about 15 years younger than me. Enjoy your trip and be sure to give us a TR.

15. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, and while I work on Tuesday I don't have to be in until 6:30pm so not a huge deal.

16. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worth putting up with airport security and check in lines for just one night. Just my opinion.

17. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be getting to aria around 10 am 9/23 and I fly home (Orlando) 9/24 at 9 am. Why not?

18. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have the miles so that the short duration doesn't make a dent, and it's free otherwise, plus the alternative is NOT going to Vegas? I think the only answer is "yes, make the trip."

19. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For sure...I love solo trips. I just like to have at least three days there.

Then again if I did do a one day Vegas binge I would play a bit more reckless then normally lol

20. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say go for it. You don't have a super long flight and you are going for free pretty much not counting what you want to gamble. I probable wouldn't do it if I had to pay for it, but if I was in your shoes and had the miles, points, and a comped room, I'd probably jump on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.