1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best chinese

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by littlepiggie, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is the best Chinese on the strip

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a couple of incredible meals at Blossom in Aria.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wing Lei at Wynn was great but very over priced.
    Zine noodles Dim Sum was at Venetian was also good but still over priced.
    Beijing Noodle No9. at Caesar's is good and I think a better value than Empress Court. Empress Court was very good a few years back but I have not been back since they changed the menu a few years ago.

Since you said Strip. The prices are going to be pretty high.

I listed my top three in order.

4. Birdie7

Birdie7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about strip or downtown?

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on Bejing Noodle Number 9. Having been to China it's the closest in flavor and style. A quick hop over to Ping Pang Pong at Gold Coast is highly recommended too. I avoid the places in Chinatown, just don't feel welcome there.

6. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the thread does not specify Strip or Downtown the best Chinese is definitely China Town which suprisingly is not far from the strip. The heart of China Town is Spring Mountain Road which is same as Sands Ave west of the strip. Yelp is helpful in the situation if you want to find the better places.

7. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PF Changs!

:cool:

Just kidding. I too would like to know.

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anyone that has a car and does not care about atmosphere China One on Rainbow has good food.

Inexpensive too.

It is about a 15 minute drive from Las Vegas Boulevard.

9. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree on both counts! Love Ping Pang Pong. Only gripe with Bejing Noodle Number 9 is their dessert menu. There are times many of the items are not available because they ran out of the ingredients. But if you can highly recommend the tofu custard with sago. Also really love the curry chicken. Big portions that can satisfy two people or one like me who have a huge appetite. Downside is that doesn't come with rice and you have to order it extra.

Wazuzu (Encore) and Red 8 (Wynn) are pretty good. Highly recommend the Drunken Nooldes at Wazuzu. I had the soft shell crab at Red 8 and it was good but nothing spectacular. Wing Lei is good but way too expensive.

10. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the strip, Beijing Noodle 9 at Caesar's would definitely be my go-to. Slightly off the strip, Gold Coast has Noodle Exchange and Ping Pang Pong which both serve quite authentic flavors.

If you can get to Chinatown, that's where you'll find the good stuff. I'm Taiwanese and spent most of my life in Southern California, so here are my favorites:
    1900 Asian Cuisine - best place for some Chinese and Taiwanese items. Their pork soup dumplings and their beef roll are on par with Asian places in Southern California.
    China Mama - Overall more interesting than 1900 Asian Cuisine, but their soup dumplings and beef roll are not as good as 1900.
    Big Wong - Very similar to your usual Chinese cuisine with stir fry, rice plates, and noodles. Best beef noodle soup in town.
    Joyful House - sometimes inconsistent, but broad range of Chinese cuisine with authentic flavors.
    Shaanxi Gourmet - focusing on Northern Chinese, a rare cuisine to be able to try
    Asian BBQ and Noodles - perfect bowls of noodle soup with glistening fresh-roasted meats on top. Try the roast duck noodle soup. Or the roast pork rice plate.
    Yi Mei Champion Taiwan Deli - A decent knockoff of the famous Yi Mei in Southern California, serving authentic Taiwanese breakfast
    Wendy's Noodle Cafe - One of my usual spots, serving what I call Hong Kong Cafe food. Food is well-priced and consistent.

11. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Grinder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is Lilly's at the Golden Nugget?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.