1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's Shuttle Bus

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Username, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this have been discussed before so I'm sorry if I repeating anything.

Last year on the way back to the airport Harrah's offered us a shuttle bus (not free) instead of a cab if we desired. Since I hate the cabbies in Vegas and it was a small savings it was a no brainier for us. However, do they also offer a shuttle from the airport to their hotel ? ? ?

Thanks for your time.......

2. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm..I haven't heard of a specific Harrah's to airport shuttle bus but there are many companies that operate them to and from the hotels.

One thing to keep in mind though is it's torture on arrival to have to stop at a bunch of other hotels before you get to yours (at least it is to me!)

You can see a list of shuttles that operate at the airport here: https://www.mccarran.com/Go/Shuttles.aspx

3. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have also been offered a shuttle from Harrah's to airport, but have never seen anything like that from the airport to Harrah's. The shuttle was more like a Ford Expedition.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  4. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah you'd have to go with one of the generic shuttles at the airport and wait for them to drop other people off at their hotels first. It's not that bad. I always take a shuttle to my hotel and then a taxi back so that I don't have to wait for the shuttle back which can take a while. I don't know anything about specific hotels offering straight shuttle services.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was it possible this was a generic airport shuttle with leftover seats?

We basically had the same thing happen to us at Flamingo once. Went to get a cab, and they offered an airport shuttle instead.

I don't think harrahs has their own shuttle system for the airport.

6. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it a couple of years ago. The front desk offered to me, it was one of the shuttle companies that are at the airport and the same price as a one way trip. The nice thing was that it was a regularly scheduled time or times, so no worrying if they were going to show up or not, also they went right to the airport from Harrahs and did not stop at other hotels.
    That being said, Harrahs does not run a shuttle from the Airport directly to the hotel.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im pretty sure it wasnt a harrahs shuttle its was a regular shuttle they put you on

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm about 90% sure it was HARRAH'S own shuttle.......

9. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd call them. I'm 99% sure they do not own their own shuttle for airport trips unless they've added something in the last few months. People may be confusing the shuttle that goes to/from Rio etc.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they only shuttle i know goes to rio and ballys loop

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be right but here's what happened when we were leaving the hotel........walked almost to the hotel door leading to the area where cabs line up for customers with our luggage.......just before the door a door man with a Harrah's uniform ask us if we would like to use their shuttle or a cab.......I asked how much and knew it a little saving......a man with a Harrah's shirt was the driver but said we had to wait about 5 more minutes before we departed.........now I really didn't notice the writing on the shuttle we boarded so I'm not 100% sure it was a shuttle owned by Harrah's or what............

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had an arrangement with Bell for airport shuttle service but they haven't really promoted it. I didn't even know it was still available.

13. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Flamingo a few years ago and I was offered shuttle service from the hotel to the airport when I was leaving. I don't recall which shuttle company it was at the time, but I'm pretty sure it was one of them and not a CET owned shuttle.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was illegal for the strip hotels to have a shuttle to the airport.

15. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked out of Harrah's today and when I got in the taxi line, the guy told me there was a shuttle for people going to the airport. I told him that I wanted a taxi and he went on to tell me that it is THEIR shuttle. They don't own it, but I guess they rent a couple shuttle buses from the company. It doesn't save anybody any money, but it's always available if people want to take the shuttle instead. From what I've seen at Harrah's, there is always a shuttle there and they usually leave when another bus pulls up.

To answer your question though, no, they don't have a shuttle specifically for Harrah's from the airport.

16. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They can't offer FREE shuttles and I don't think they want to no matter what the law. But they can sell shuttle service if they want.

17. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shuttle buses there have been from Executive Shuttle when I'm had a chance to notice who they're from

18. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read that it was against the law. I guess its the influence of the cabs and shuttle companies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.