1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas I've spent way too much on this game

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Iceicecool, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing this game since day one (I think July 2012), and I purchase chips occasionally but not too often. I was trying to keep a running total in my head, and I thought I had spent a total of about $300, but today I added up my total purchases on Facebook and it came to $543. That's more than I would have liked to spend, so from here on out no more purchases.

Although I can't complain to much, I estimate I've used over $2,000 in comps. I got both the one night and two night Mirage tower suite, 2 tickets to the follow: Ka, Chris Angel, Zumanity, 5 tickets to Zarkana, one ticket to Love, 9 buffets, $75 FB credit NYNY, picnic by the pool, 2 adventuredome passes, 2 nights at Aria, Gold Lounge bottle service, one night at Luxor, and the 5/50 pizza and beer.

I'd say I've got my moneys worth but I'm cutting off all future purchases. I finished every puzzle from the current quest except today, oh well!

Also in September 2013 I took advantage of a glitch and bought a few hundred thousand chips for $1.

2. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never spent a penny. I can't justify spending money in the pursuit of free comps, even if I'm one piece away from completing a quest on the last day. I realize that spending $300 might get you $1,000 in comps more quickly, but in the end I'd rather just be patient, wait for more chips, bet wisely and take advantage of LP opportunities like double level up days.

All that said, I appreciate the fact that some people have a willingness to purchase chips. -- the game probably wouldn't keep going if that weren't the case.

3. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent bought chips yet, but I probably will buy I certain amount to get that fourth reward we all crave oh so much. but to be fair, im really spending that money for a pretty good return, as in that 4th reward I want costs about 500 bucks.

4. Cherrymilf

Cherrymilf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been playing since last fall and I don't plan to buy chips unless it's for the fourth award. I hoard red chips anyway and I'm shy of 6 million now, with close to 500K in loyalty points.

5. samanthaelizabeth

samanthaelizabeth Low-Roller

That's great that you got the Mirage tower suite!! I wish they still offered that....:thumbsdown:

6. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have never bought chips, but I would iff there was a reward I really wanted and didn't have enough LP's.

7. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bottle service?

I am thinking the same, which package were you going to buy to get the fourth reward as it seems there is not a set amount to achieve this?

Q

8. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played since day 1 as well but I haven't purchased any chips.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earlier on I used to get impatient and buy chips. I've spent about $20 in all. I still play balls to the wall and go broke just about every day, but I don't buy chips anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.