1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

plaza restaurants

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by kitson, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

so, am staying at the plaza for the weekend of aug 15 and 16th. wanted to stay downtown because of the deep purple concert on friday night.

am familiar with the downtown restaurants, so will probably hit my favorites.

know that there is a hhagg at plaza, know what it is about.

how is oscar's? say, compared to vic and anthony's, or andiamo at the d which i know is getting great reviews. please know that i think hugos is the most overrated place in las vegas, so thanks anyway on that.

what else is there at the plaza worth a try?

2. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interested in downtown places as well, especially Plaza as we will be there in November. Looking for a nice place for anniversary dinner - think Hugo's is a bit pricey for us.

3. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not fancy, but Pop Up Pizza is pretty good. Especially after drinking for a while at night. :thumbsup:

4. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worth trying.

5. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking for some good places to eat for lunch downtown. Will be staying at the Plaza for 2 nights at the end of August. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

6. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plaza almost has the lot, HHAGG, McDonalds, Subway, Pop Up Pizza and Oscars.

With those, really all your $$$ options are available.

Q

7. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am biased, but......

Pop Up Pizza sells not only whole pieces, but slices.

During my solo July trip, I went over there twice & got a few pieces to take to my room.

The Fremont style is my favorite!

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oscar's has good food and great service - but is pricey considering the area. My wife and I usually spend $100 per person there including drinks.

Bill

9. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

so, to recap what i am thinking i am hearing, and also to answer the others who are asking about eating downtown...plaza does not have that much to offer?

hash house a go go, if i want the huge portions, has that sage chicken in various dishes that is not too bad.

for pizza, i would go to chicago brewing, upstairs in the four queens, and also maybe try pizza rock down toward the downtown grand.

my favorite downtown is the triple george, now owned by the downtown grand, and just across the street, down a side street off of fremont beside the horse shoe.

for the expensive steak dinner, think i would go to vic and anthonys at the golden nugget, or seeing the reviews, try andiamo at the d. oscars is probably ok, it is just that i know there is better.

for a more budget, but nice, dinner out, my favorite is the redwood grill, in the california, but others here like second street grill, and again, the triple george is not a budget buster either.

am hoping for some more replies regarding the plaza eateries, really want the place to have something to draw people and help make the place busier.

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MSS has a good buffet and the 777 Brew Pub has great Garlic Fries and wings.
    Dupars in Golden Gate has good food and a $2.99 shrimp cocktail.

11. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pizza Rock really is as good as the critics say it is. They take pizza seriously. And, the place has a great beer selection as well as a good vibe. The only thing I've noted of concern is that on the weekends they crank up the music (much of it is good Classic Rock) as the evening progresses. So, if you want to spend time visiting with guests it can get challenging to hear what others at your table are saying.

Bill

12. dianenjnj

dianenjnj Tourist

go over to magnolia's at the 4 queens...be sure to get a players card for a 2 for 1 special...their prime rib is very good daily after 4:00pm!

13. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's Cellar at 4 Queens is not pricey exactly... all is included with the entree you order... cheese toasted lavosh, tableside salad, entree with veggies, dessert, etc. A waiter told me that you can order tableside salad only (which can include baby shrimp) and by ordering the salad instead of an entree...you get everything but the entree. Good food and old style Vegas service. The ladies get a red rose at Hugo's which makes you feel special. If you qualify... seniors get a 20% dinner discount at the Magnolia's players booth with card.
    http://yourrc.com/menus/pdf/RM/1_754.pdf
    ---
    I gotten wonderful meals at The D. They were voted best steakhouse in Las Vegas this past year. My son likes their steaks. I am a light eater and Jumbo Lump Crab & Lobster Cocktail “Louis”
    Avocado mousse, brandied sauce Louis for $17 was just right for a meal for me.
    http://www.thed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/AndiamoMenu.pdf

14. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is good and I heard they have a coupon in the "fun book" you get from the hotel. I'm there the same week-end, what original members still in Deep Purple, if any?

15. pharmSCgirl

pharmSCgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's Cellar is by far the best restaurant I have eaten at in Vegas!

16. avp123

avp123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like I need to check out the Plaza.

17. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen a lot of reviews of Uncle Joe's Pizza on east Freemont. Anyone compare that and Pop up Pizza?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.