1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

He's a VC celebrity

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Insight, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He started posting much less frequently more than a year ago. Not even sure when was the last time he logged in here. But let's not get crazy with our definition of "celebrity" :poke:

I Need Spa
  3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, being a writer for any of the Las Vegas-specific blogs or sites does rank right up there with boasting you've grown the largest shrubbery in Pahrump.

Bill

4. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use celebrity in jest. Your local TV news anchor, traffic babe, sports anchor and meteorologist: not celebrities.

"Local deal" gurus, a couple of which I see on TV regularly here in God's country: not celebrities.

Twitter geniuses, bloggers and the like: not celebrities.

But Sam was a prolific contributor here, and I enjoyed his photo collections, so he's as much of a celebrity as the aforementioned. I miss his contributions.

5. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I met up with Sam at 4Q in Oct he told me he was done posting here for good. The mods weren't very kind to him and he got fed up with being censored.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, +1

I Need Spa
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he has said that before and still come back. Who knows this time. But let's not confuse asking members to follow the rules with the mods being unkind to him. Sonya sets the rules. There are plenty of other Vegas boards out there if people find the rules of this board too constricting. Sam is proof of that (as well as many others)

I Need Spa
  8. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea what rules he did or didn't like/follow, and at the end of today I don't care. I miss his photo collections. Add him to the list of gone, but not forgotten.

9. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sort of like being the tallest midget.

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss him. He brought a lot to this board. We need more members like him. It breaks my heart when members like him are scooted out the door by grown ups acting like grade school jerks.

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope I'm not the grade school jerk in question here, I'm just trying to run a fun Vegas board. :) I miss Sam's photos too and he's still got an open account here.

As an aside, and this is not about sam, but a statement in general - Some people disagree with our policies and how we choose to run the board. They are welcome to their own opinions. The rules are set up as they are the guidelines that have worked best for us over the last 15 yrs. We do our best to be reasonable and fair in applying them, but the fact is that this place just runs a lot smoother and is more fun for everyone when we keep politics out, snark to a minimum and treat each other with respect, even when we vehemently disagree with each other.

As always, my PM and email box are open if anyone has questions, comments or wants to discuss a policy and why it's in place here. For now, I'm going to close this thread as it seems the OP's question has been asked and answered.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.