1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Have you ever seen this? 'warning'

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by 8Summer8, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just googling around to check LV rental market on Friday and came across a Youtube video of my house with a listing price by an agent associated with a nation wide realtor that I have NEVER met!! The video was uploaded by Tour factory Nevada in March 2014. Obviously something fishy went on with my previous tenant who has broken lease. But what I don't understand is what is the motive and purpose behind it - the list price is way out of market price @ 375K for an 1900 sq ft house in Summerlin? why my house? are they running a scam using my house? any thoughts? I guess anything can happen in Vegas!! I'm just totally baffled.

I want to share this so others with house in the area be on the look out for this type of scam EVEN with a property management company handling your house.

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never heard of that before. First thing I would do is contact them and pretend to be interested. Don't let them know it's your house. See where it leads. If it looks to be a scam contact Metro.

TomTWI

3. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for your reply. this is just really weird. But I plan to file a complaint with Real Estate Division against this realtor, will look into Metro also. I'm also waiting to hear back from my property management co. as it happened late Friday pm the owner was already gone, others didn't know what to make of this either.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard of this scam from rental properties. Stranger puts house on internet for rent (anyone's house will do - there doesn't have to be a connection of any kind), then claims to be out of town but requests deposit from new potential renter to confirm his interest in the place. Promises to get back to them in a week or so when he's back in town. In the mean time, numerous hopeful renters have sent him a deposit.

I just can't see how this scam would work though if the house is listed for sale. Thinking about it, I did read one story where a house was sold without owner's knowledge and it took a long time to sort it out. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I would suggest that you phone the realtor immediately and let him know that it's your house. Don't waste time waiting for a formal complaint to go through. This is your house and you don't want a legal nightmare on your hands.

I just listed a property with an unknown realtor and although he did not ask to see proof of ownership, he did ask if the paper work was in order and ready to be presented at the time of sale.

Maybe your renter is just trying to F*** with you. It is really weird! Good luck to you.

5. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I couldn't find the case I was thinking about that happened in the U.S or Canada so I may have seen it on a tv documentary. This case from Australia is basically the same result though.

"The presumably innocent buyer of the home is now the registered proprietor and is entitled to keep the home." What a legal mess!

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/new-owners-didnt-know-they-bought-a-house-sold-by-scammer-20140723-zw1p9.html#ixzz39TH5rpjD

FBI warning: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2008/march/housestealing_032508

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the sooner you get to the bottom of this the better.

7. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate it. This agent finally removed the video yesterday! I hope to hear back from Nv Real Estate Div and will share. BTW I did speaker with the uploader 'Tour Factory' CSR and they confirmed that videos are uploaded at agent's request, i.e. not to showcase their products.

8. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking about you today and wondering how it's going. Thanks for the update.

I have no idea what that means but you sound positive so that's good! :thumbsup:

9. 8Summer8

8Summer8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea what that means but you sound positive so that's good! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

thanks. My house video was uploaded to Youtube by a company called 'TourFactoryNevada' not the agent. It looks like Tour Factory does photography or video for real estate agents then upload on their behalf. I called this company and just to re- confirm that they didn't just uploaded it for any other reasons as I have no way to tell when the video was filmed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.