1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas FreePlay Rewards- Not valid with 3rd party reservations?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by fugsworth, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a weekend at the Luxor, and had a frustrating experience you guys might want to be aware of. I had the $25 Free Slot Play reward, which requires you to be a registered guest of certain MLife properties to redeem. When I went to the MLife counter to claim the prize, the rep said that it was not valid because I booked through Hotwire instead of directly with the hotel. She even took the time to check with her supervisor, so I'm pretty sure she was not mistaken. I'm normally pretty good about reading the fine print and didn't see any indication whatsoever that booking through Hotwire would be a problem-- not when I ordered the reward, nor in the confirmation email. Admittedly, there was the usual boilerplate about how MGM can change the terms at their discretion, but it still pissed me off. To their credit, the employees were very apologetic and refunded my loyalty points immediately. Has anyone else run into this issue?

EDC
  2. mrwhite

mrwhite Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    going in september and redeemed the $50 free play at the mgm. we booked ours through expedia. will be disappointed if they dont pay up on the reward. at least the refunded the points so you could get something else

3. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's probably too late but that doesn't make sense. I would suggest you contact MyVegas support. Would not be the first time that a MLife clerk and supervisor were wrong about the rules.

4. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It made enough sense that I didn't question it too much at the time-- I've heard of people being denied certain perks for 3rd party booking, such as room upgrades. I just wrote to MyVegas support and I'll post here with their response (if any)

EDC
  5. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless MyVegas Support tells me something different than what MLife did, you can expect trouble. While I was "able" to choose another reward, all of the good prizes are restricted to people who are physically outside of Vegas-- for that trip, I was screwed.

EDC
  6. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have three nights reserved via the MGM themselves. I hope to use a 50 FP and a 25 FP as the 25 has a 2 night requirement and the 50 has a 3 night requirement.. so seeing as I am there three nights it should work right?

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure on that. I know you can use the 25 (2 night min) and the 10 (1 night min) with a 3 night stay, but not sure about overlapping ones. I would definitely contact support before you left... or buy an extra reward as a backup, in case you encounter a problem when you get there.

8. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I just asked about this on the Facebook group. According to one of the PS employees this is the rule:

Example If you combine a $10 & $25 then we will require a 3 night stay, If you combine a $10 & $50 then we will require a 4 night stay, & If you combine a $25 and $50 then we will require a 4 night stay.

9. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a link to this and can i just check you meant a 4 night stay with the 50 & 25 combined as i could have seen them extending it to 5 night stays...

I booked MC through booking.com, am i scuppered anyways?

10. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The info comes from a closed Facebook group so the link wouldn't work for you. You could join the group and then try to track it down there. I also hesitate to provide links to outside sites in fairness to the people who run this one. It's definitely four days as that question was asked several times and verified that it was 4 not 5 by the PS employee. This person and several others from PS routinely have Q&As for this group (it was during one of these that she provided this info) and I'm sure the info is correct as the group, while not directly run by PS, is affiliated with them.

Hope this helps but if not, don't hesitate to PM me.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since even bigger players can not "stack" or "combine" offers, I would think you have to pick one or the other.

As to booking via 3rd party... well, I surely would not whenever possible, especially if there are some 'deals' involved. After all, the hotel has to make some money somewhere and paying a 3rd party does not help.

12. sm2420

sm2420 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always seem to book through a 3rd party, expedia or...whatever, always comes out cheaper, and we have tried many times to see if the hotel will match the price... but always get a no!
    so they must make more money dealing with the 3rd party.

13. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you redeem for $25 freeplay if you also redeemed two consecutive nights (A weekend and a weekday) to comp the room? I'm guessing not, but just curious as to whether anyone has tried that.

14. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI they let me redeem the 50 and 25 FP when I was just staying for three nights

15. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am wondering about the Freeplay as I get FP on offer and was looking to buy some FP with my LP's. DH goes in on my offer with me and has purchased FP for the place we are staying next month and hopefully he can use it; we book through a host. I didn't see anything in the terms and conditions stating we couldn't buy and use the FP. Anyone know if there are limitations on person buying FP when they are in offers that include FP and can the other person staying in the room (yes his name is part of the booking) can they use FP if they purchase it with LP's?

16. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, both people can use a FreePlay reward as long as both names are on the room.

There shouldn't be a problem using FreePlay from MyVegas with FreePlay from an offer. There is nothing in the terms saying that is a problem. I plan on combining them on my October trip. The worst they can do it make you use one then go redeem the other.

17. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had some FP with my offer, and then my Myvegas offers, can only use one they said, so i used my MyVegas offers

18. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that is crap. I wonder if they are considering it a "gaming offer"? They are completely different though. I don't understand why they couldn't be used separately or on different days.

Reward Terms and Conditions
    This reward has been reserved for our players who reside outside of Las Vegas. Offer is only valid at Monte Carlo and can only be redeemed at Monte Carlo's M life desk. At the time of redemption you must be a Monte Carlo hotel guest to be eligible to receive this FREEPLAY reward (three night minimum stay required). Blackout dates: 12/31/14. This offer is non-transferable. No refunds and no cash value. Not for re-sale. Guests must be invited M life members (free to join at mlife.com). Gaming offers may only be redeemed once. FREEPLAY rewards Players with free slot play upon Loyalty Point redemption. FREEPLAY will be loaded on participant's M life card for use in participating slot machines, and is available for play only at the MGM Resorts property that redeemed the offer. MGM Resorts International reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at its discretion and without prior notice. MGM Resorts International endorses responsible gaming. If you or someone you know has a problem gaming responsibly, please call the 24-hour Problem Gamblers HelpLine at 800.522.4700. ©2013 MGM Resorts International®. All rights reserved.

I am going to have to rethink my plan then. It is like they are penalizing those that actually have offers. Those are the wrong people to piss off.

19. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is disappointing, my offer has more FP so I would be using that and not bothering to buy any. They do state "modify this offer at its discretion" so I suppose one of the modifications is those with FP offers aren't eligible to use FP from MyVegas; one would think if we are in on offers with FP we are spending and therefore you would think they wouldn't mind extending us a bit more. Then I see the flip side we are already showing up and spending so they got us somehow. I just hope that this doesn't affect DH as it's my offer we are going to stay on and he doesn't get FP with it; even though the cards are linked we don't use his offer.

20. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh? I was just at NYNY last weekend and cashed FP and My Vegas offers at the same time with the same rep/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.