1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Pool View?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by V.C., Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V.C.

V.C. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

I haven't been on for awhile (2+ years) because we were so busy with life. Anyway, we are planning a trip to that magic place called Las Vegas in February next year! Woohoo! I am so excited and have already got our plane tickets and hotel room booked! :) Since the Bellagio was renovated not too long ago I thought that that would be a great place to stay. My wife likes to drink espresso at their coffee place downstairs and I just love to play craps and we were thinking of the Palazzo, Paris, NOBU's, or Bellagio and I guess Bellagio won out for me. My wife just wants us to stay in the hotel that I will be playing in so that she doesn't have to worry about me. :)

So...my question is this. The fountain view is a bit expensive right now and so we got a spa tower room. I know that the fountain view is not as good from the Spa Tower so I thought that I would ask for a pool view. Does the Spa Tower face the pool? And...does the twenty dollar trick still work at the Bellagio? Thanks ahead of time. :)

2. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Bellagio for the first time in June. Had a good experience! I put a report in the Trip Reports section.

It doesn't appear that the Spa Tower has a lot of good pool views. Room77 has room layouts for both towers at the Bellagio:

https://www.room77.com/?ian=82856411&pid=gkvr3f&id=rLhsjN#/Bellagio,%20Las%20Vegas,%20NV%3B36.11125,-115.17314%3Bh/119566?hid=119566

I might suggest spending a few extra dollars ($20 trick?!?) for the pool view in the main tower. You can definitely get a very good view of the pool, plus the elevators will dump you off just steps away from the craps tables. It will be a bit of a walk to the craps tables from the Spa Tower.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Spa Tower does not face the pool. From some rooms you can really stretch your neck sideways and see the pool, but nothing I would call a pool view

I Need Spa
  4. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking into the Bellagio tomorrow night V.C. I'll let you know if the $20 trick works at the end of the night. Might actually run it up to $50....

Hoping it does and that this is a down time of year, and I think it is. Online the most the Bellagio lets you book is 9 rooms at a time. The have 9 available rooms in every category from standard King to fountain view to suites...telling me they have quite a few vacant during our stay (M-Th).

5. V.C.

V.C. Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a great time! Thanks for checking the $20 ($50) trick. :)

6. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VC -- I went with the $50 trick and got moved from a regular resort room to a Salon Suite with a great fountain view on the north end of the hotel between floors 21-28. Friends checking in at the same time did the $20 trick and got moved from regular room to fountain view for $20 trick. Other friends simply said it was their first time in Vegas and got moved from regular room to fountain view in middle of hotel on the 28th floor. In looking out the views of all three rooms, it was interesting that it seems the closer to the elevators you are, the more restricted your view down the strip is given the concave nature of the hotel.

We checked in at midnight on a Monday as our flight got delayed (were supposed to be there about 10pm) and left Thursday so my guess is they had a decent amount of rooms. As we were going through the hotel on Wednesday evening, you simply could not put more people in the entrance waiting to check in. They had every station open but the wait had to be every bit of 90 minutes as it was PACKED.

Loved everything about the Bellagio though as our check in took about 10 minutes.

7. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While Bellagio is always busy at check-in, apparently there were computer problems across MGM properties that caused a lot of extra delays

8. thebig0

thebig0 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VC
    Me and my wife visit from WI for 2 one week stays each year. The Spa Tower north end rooms and some of the west facing rooms would give you the pool view. In my opinion the fountain view/deluxe fountain view in the original tower is the way to go. Are you are a M-Life member? The discounted rates through M-Life are generally about $40-$50 more than the resort king. If M-Life or not go ahead and ask for an upgrade (complimentary) and or expect them to offer you a up charge to get that room. Again if M-Life just check the rates to make sure any offered rate is in line with what you normally get just booking through their site. Once I was not satisfied with the check in lady's response and politely asked to speak to a supervisor and upon discussing the options we were given the upgrade with a $20/night up charge. We were Gold status, now Platinum, this may have been the reason for the quick agreement?
    :drunk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.