1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

the quad

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by seven111, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seven111

seven111 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First post. I know people hate the Quad, IP, soon to be Linq. But I love the place. Just in the room to sleep and never had any issues in 4 years of staying there.
    Yeah it wasn't the nicest of looking places but its Sin city who cares. We are there to gamble drink and have fun. Hey my first post on the board. Oh and my girlfriend loves Fat Tuesdays so that helps.

2. VegasCandy72

VegasCandy72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB. I've never stayed there, but the location is great.

4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!

I like the place as the IP. Not the nicest or cleanest but it was probably the last affordable option on the strip. Now that it is the Quad and soon to be Linq I don't expect it to be affordable anymore so be prepared for higher nightly rates.

5. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Linq if for no otger reason, it has HASH HOUSE there and their breakfast is divine. I have always received first class service the little time i played there while walking through

6. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

I dont understand this statement. Everything on the strip is affordable compared to its counterpart in any other major city. Vegas rooms are deeply discounted compared to rooms on the coast or any tourist town. Ive seen motel 6s that were more expensive than average rooms on the strip. If I get a room in Santa Barbara or San Diego for a couple nights its going to be at least double the price of a mid or top level hotel in Vegas. I know everyone wants dirt cheap but its not the 80s anymore.

7. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the IP about 4 years ago and it would have been fine except the beds were rock hard. I booked it this year for 10/25 - a few days before it becomes the Linq. Figured by then it would be almost completely remodeled and they'd only be doing final touches. Got a screaming deal through the Total Rewards site ($58 for a Saturday night) before they announced that it was going to become the Linq. Really looking forward to it!

8. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the 1st and 2nd hotel we stayed at in Vegas almost 13 years ago. Didn't know a lot about Vegas way back then but it hooked us, of course. Can't beat it for location. Don't stay there anymore but it is one of my favorite places to gamble, plus they have great CW service. Maybe once the reno's are done I would consider giving it another shot.

9. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much our history with the IP and now the Quad, LV2Gamble.

Hubby started out with taking me to this place (he was a brewer who met up with others for tournaments, events, etc.) and included me in
    a visit (To a Buffy the Vampire Slayer meetup) back around 2003 or so.
    We've had great times ever since, thanks to the host who showed up at our slots and gave us
    player's cards waaaaaaay back then. We never took advantage of his services but I'm still grateful for him signing us up.

Walked through and took some pics back in July. A summer trip report to come after next week's visit to Vegas.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't care about costs in other cities. Yes, for the same price I could get a dump in Hawaii but I only care about costs where I am at the time.

as for the 80's, there are many other cheaper places to stay than on the strip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.