1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Happy birthday Myvegas quest

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by kevstf, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another quest, looks like it's going to be 12 days,so no double LP/XP...Was bored at work so finished todays quest, took me around 900000 coin in,finished a bit higher on chips (25000) from when I started.. At least got some LP's from spinning and 750LP for finishing..

2. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finished this one super quick, doing 10k or 20k per spin on the Jules Verne game. Definitely one of the easier ones to complete that they've had in a long time

3. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1,425,000 coin-in to complete today's quest.

For all two people who need that information. :evillaugh

4. BestPlay2day

BestPlay2day Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably will do these quests for a couple more days, then it will take too many coins in to complete.

5. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far so good on this quest.

Playing 12k spins on betrock and +600k in chips after day 2 completed.

Q

6. TXTriper

TXTriper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This quest has seemed easier than some of the more recent ones.

Last night, it took 150 spins on Bet the Farm at $3400 per spin. $510,000 coin in, and a net loss of $26,000.

This morning, it took 196 spins. $666,000 coin in, and gained $18,000

$3,400 isn't optimal play at my Level 80, but sped things up.

7. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is easier. Probably due to the 2nd birthday celebration

8. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took me 1.44 mil XP (I'm level 202). Still a good value for the chips and 750 LP.

9. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was easier today than yesterday. I was playing Pirate's Cove betting 2K and 4K and I was done pretty quick.

BTW, does anyone think its odd MyVegas has a pirate themed game when MGM sold off their Pirate themed hotel?

10. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3,442,000 xp coin-in to complete today's challenge.

Meh, probably done with this one. I lost about 20,000 red chips, all at 2,000/spin at reel chef, which is really good. But I think I spent too much time (even for a Sunday).

11. pot committed

pot committed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much for posting. I'm one of the two people apparently :thumbsup:

I'm trying to follow more closely. Saturday required 1.4m, and I think the maximum payoff was something like 5k+24k+150k. That's a potential return of over 12%, not including the value of the 750 gold chips.

Today requires 3.4m, but the max payoff is only 6k+48k+220k, so now we're down to only an 8% potential return, and the gold chips remain fixed at only 750.

Is it normal for the value to deteriorate as the promotion progresses?

I think I noticed that the weekends usually require more play, so maybe the return percentage will improve Monday.

12. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, its usually worse on the weekends, and it usually is worse later on, especially compared to the first day. But since it started Friday, it was ok, and so was Saturday.

I finished today's quest for 2 reasons:
    - I was losing/winning so few chips that it didn't matter
    - more importantly, I was up against two huge level jumps at 269 and 270. Normally 3.4m xp gets at least 3 levels for sure. The huge level jumps are really tough to clear on double xp/lp days, even if you've been hoarding for weeks or months.

I'm kinda burnt out, gl everyone else. :evillaugh

13. kayden

kayden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This quest is THE WORST! I was one stupid tent away from completing yesterday's quest before the time ran out. I refuse to buy more chips, because that is what the quest is designed to do....sucker you in.

14. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completed the first two days (and am actually up almost 1 mil chips...that's a first!) but I'm going to pass from here on out most likely. Too much time and XP required.

15. Mervis Earl

Mervis Earl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I needed one more tent. Had only 5000 chips, so down to 100 per spin with 60 minutes to go. Took 20 minutes but finally got it and the 75,000 chips.

16. kayden

kayden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My problem was that I started the day's quest with 1hr left to go. Battled through the first 2 stages and almost the 3rd. Ugh. Starting earlier today but not optimistic any more as the stages are indeed harder as each day passes.

17. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It always seems on these type of quests that the first 2 days are fairly easy, then get dramatically harder on subsequent days.

IMO, there's really no point to even start a day it if you can't finish a day, so you can save your chips for a day you can complete. I never start one unless I have at least 500k in chips either, there's just no point with the XP they require.

18. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Did the first two days pretty easily- actually quite surpised I made it through the first day because I only had about 30k in chips most of the time and was betting 1k per spin, but I won just enough to keep playing. Today however.... I didn't care about the quest, if I completed and got the 750LPs then it would be great, but I was just trying to earn LPs for spinning in general. My balance has been low the past week or two, the game has been hating on me- today started with 200k- played 3 different games with spins between 1k-1.5k, now I am down to nothing and only made it halfway through the 2nd quest and didn't even earn half of my max LPs allowed.... When I feel like i just loooose all the time it really takes the fun out of the game.

19. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you assume the slots have a 90% payback (that might be high), you can expect to lose 10% of the XP required to finish the quest. For today, that number appears to be 5.25 mil XP. So you should expect to lose 525,000 chips today. Sure you could get lucky or unlucky and lose/win more but I'd suspect you'd want well over 1 million chips to attempt today's quest.

20. Mervis Earl

Mervis Earl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like there was a song written about this very thing. :whistle:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.