1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Way to Get from MGM to LINQ

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by keishashadow, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assume the monorail would be best bet to get from MGM to LINQ. Not sure if Flamingo or Harrah's stop would be better. Possibly would combine with mac king show if Harrah's would work.

Searched here & looked @ satellite map but still confused as to the actual path we need to take once off the monorail & how long of a walk to reach it (indoors or out).

We typically enjoy walking the strip but this trip, since day time temps may be close to 110 degrees, we want to limit walking/standing out in sun.

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got it. monorail by far is the fastest/easiest.... and your closest stop is Flamingo. If you are going to catch the show though, get off at the Harrah's stop, watch the show, then walk back and hit the LINQ and then take the flamingo stop to get back to MGM!

3. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jTake the monorail to Flamingo.........it's right next to it.

4. Seany D

Seany D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've got more than one person a cab with tip will probably be about the same price as the monorail, $10.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I'd agree that monorail would be your best bet. This is one of rare the instances the monorail is very useful. lol

There are passes on MyVegas if you play, as well as the monorail website has a sale until the end of the month. $10 unlimited 24 hour passes. Promo code is 10YEAR.

6. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm actually wondering the same thing and also bet monorail. If you're up for walking through the Quad, that might be the less distance on foot. But in terms of quickest, my bet is on Flamingo Station.

7. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    might be better for us than using the myvegas points, hmmm

thanks all

8. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you said "we" ($10 min.), I would take a taxi. It's a long hike through MGM to the station, and it seems to be up in the air as to which station is closest on the other end (sounds like none is very close, to me). For just a couple bucks more you can quickly go door to door.

9. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, the hubby & I. normally, would just take a taxi but on a whim bought tix to see Raiding the Rock Vault on Groupon today, might as well work a 24 hr monorail pass:)

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 person Monorail to Flamingo, walk west from the platform past the pool and it's on your left. more than 1 person take a cab.

12. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good point. A cab would be better if you have a few in the group. Similar to the cab or shuttle debate many have coming from the airport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.