1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help with changing departure time

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Texas Gramma, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have posted on vegasmessageboard for years... but I've never had reason to look at this column... maybe I'm posting incorrectly...
    ---
    Anyway... I want to change my roundtrip ticket from Las Vegas on Southwest Airlines to come back one day early... the price has gone up $50 from when I originally scheduled... I want to wait and see if I can catch it when the price is down the next time... is there someplace I can look for specials or can depend on to notify me when there is a price drop or do I have to keep going back to SW website all the time... it's a pain to fill in all the info everytime I look.
    ---
    I've tried customer service and they were helpful in changing if I wanted to pay the new price... does anyone have a suggestion for a solution for my problem

2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know of any site to watch Southwest. They don't pay any of the big airline search engines for inclusion in their searches. If I am looking for a lower price, I just check morning and night for a few days.

In the future, may I suggest buying 2 one-way tickets instead of a round trip on Southwest? That way it is easier to adjust flights based on times and prices. For example, a friend and I flew SWA once and I had booked 2 one-ways and she had booked a round trip. I saw that my outbound flight had gone down in price, so I was able to get the difference in miles credited to my account. My friend could not take advantage because while the outbound had gone down in price, the inbound had gone up, wiping out any savings for her.

3. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand it is a bit of an inconvenience to enter all of the info on the SWA site. If you have a smart phone, the SWA app is excellent and may be slightly faster.

The good news is that you are flying Southwest. Changing times is a snap with no change fee, just a difference in fare. If it is only $50 difference, I suggest just making the change now to get the flight you want. I know you are looking for a bit cheaper fare, but it could also go the other way and become more expensive.

4. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when I go to the SWA site on my regular computer, it always shows my last search so it's pretty simple to keep an eye on things if I am just looking at one thing.

Also, I usually book one ways, but recently screwed up and booked a round trip. I decided to go to Reno from vegas, and was able to change my return leg from LAS-MHT to LAS-REN without impacting the first leg. I'm not sure when they made it so you could choose which leg you want to change or cancel, but it is there now.

I just booked a flight on Delta and it will make me sick if that price goes down as SWA has me so spoiled with the way they do things!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.