1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Super Bowl 2015

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Tahoejoe2, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see we have a forum on March Madness 2015 so I guess it is not too soon to talk about Superbowl weekend. Especially with NFL only 6 weeks away.
    A group of us guys have been going to LV for the last 15 years for Superbowl weekend. It is the ultimate guys trip.
    We have been very lucky weather wise. We have always been able to get a round of golf in.
    We all stay at CET properties. The comps seem to be fairly easy to get. There are probably three of us that are decent pounders. This gets us invites to the VIP parties at CET.
    One of the guys is a good friend of the owners of Il Fornaio at NYNY and CANALETTO at Venetian. We always have a nice comp meal Saturday night at one of these fine restaurants.:licklips:
    A nice glass of Jameson on the rocks and a fine cigar. Life is good.
    What special thing does your group do for SB weekend?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done march madness before and had a blast. I plan to do Super Bowl this year. For march madness a couple years ago I did the all you can eat and drink at The Pub @ Monte Carlo. At worst ill do The Pub again but I'll ask my host at Cosmo about their Super Bowl party. Has anyone here been to the Chelsea for the party? If so, how was it?

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there for SB weekend too.

My buddy got me hooked on an off-strip place called Steiner's and they throw a great party. $50 seat reservation fee (covers your reservation and then the money is put into the squares pool when you arrive) and the $100 to get in the door. That hundo covers all you can eat and drink for anything on the menu (with exception of the dinner plates) and any and all alcohol. I won the 3rd quarter square during the PIT-GB game a couple years ago ($1200).

So I go out there with me and my boys and it's great.

From my keyboard to the football gods ears...I hope to see the Eagles in it this year. Vegas during SB with random teams is fun. Vegas with the Eagles in it? I...I...may not survive.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Orleans has an invitational thing that is all u can drink /eat and is adequate with 3 nights comped as well

5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't that be great Rocky. But I think Kelly needs one more year.

6. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend to agree because I am still unsure about the defense. Specifically the pass rush and the safeties.

However I think the offense is good enough provided Foles stays consistent. He's got the right attitude and mindset to be really good.

And of course the best all around RB in the game!

If the Birds make it I will not go out on Thursday/Friday like normal...I will show up in town first thing Monday morning the week of the game!

7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. The Eagles offense is set. Even with Jackson gone. The kid Matthews is going to be good. Sproles was a nice pickup. The D looked good late in the season. Their 1st rd pick is an excellent pass rusher.

8. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope Marcus Smith develops into a nice replacement for Cole when his time is done. I think Barwin will have a good season too.

Jordan Matthews was my favorite pick. Being a college football junkie means watching oddball games so I saw a lot of Vandy and he is a playmaker.

It's gonna be fun! Go Birds!!

9. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    eagles schedule screams 8-8 to me.
    not an eagles fan or hater

10. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We kind of got off the subject, but I just love my Eagles. Philadelphia is starving for a winner and I think the football team is our best chance.
    But lets get back to SB weekend in LV.
    Who's going?
    What do you do special for that weekend?
    Best SB party?

11. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My group goes to the free watching party at South Point each year and we have a blast. It's about 25 people, many who I only see once a year.

Annual me and Pete
  12. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How early does someone need to get in line to save tables for the group?

13. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that they open up their events center, not too early. The room has probably 150 round banquet tables so they get probably 1500 people in there no problem

Annual me and Pete
  14. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and for the hard core poker players, the Aria afternoon tourney. they have big tvs all around to watch the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.