1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

X-Train from L.A. to Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sunshine54, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

what is the current status?
    If the project start soon?
    Tickets are available next month?

Why delay the project?

Or is the project already canceled and no train will run from L.A. to Las Vegas?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope not happing, they cant even get a monarail from the airport to the strip

3. Seany D

Seany D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said paperposter.

4. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it will happen, i think they have most of the general cars done, but the vip cars are still not here. Saw one of the railcars in New Mexico and they are pretty cool. The contract is worked out with UPR, but i would be surprised if going this year. The biggest thing is your looking at $100 each way and still taking over 5hours and you have to catch it in Montebello which is still an hour outside of LA, but there are discussions to move to somewhere in orange county . The other issue is the platform in Vegas. They are still discussing the platform being somewhere between Russell and Highland and not sure yet, the other stop could be way up north las vegas near Craig rode. The stop at plaza dont think will happen, i think there is some talk of plaza getting torn down in a few years.

5. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    unless its centrally located in la and in vegas its a bust, much easier to drive or fly from burbank or lax or private.

wait till they charge 100$ each way and bring on the drug sniffing dogs they train will be bankrupt

7. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I like to travel by train. I like the idea "travel, play and dine" :licklips: and I like trains and the sound of trains:ssst:

My plans to travel to Vegas are maybe october and still I'm looking for flights. If the train would run I would fly to L.A. and travel by train to LAS. If the train will not run I overthink to travel to SFO or LAS directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.