1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Gold question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by amk121, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After being at Pearl for so long, I made it to MLife Gold for the first time. It seems like with the reviews on this board, Gold may not be all that great- but as someone who only makes it out to Vegas twice a year, is not a huge gambler, and only receives reduced rates and some resort credits- would I see any difference in benefits?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mlife tiers suxs sorry to say, except for the buffet pass and if u make platnium u get a taxi line pass,

only thing the ec comps extra credit or reduced rates otherwise there tiers are worthless

the one thing cet does corectly is the tiers actuly do something

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again, offers/comps are based on play, not on tier.

Your average play per visit is what counts.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Gold tier mostly gets its bad reviews because most people tend to expect a lot out of it because they made it to the third tier in the MLife program... but the reality is: it takes less coin through to get to MLife Gold than it does to get to Total Rewards Platinum and Total Rewards hardly does anything for Platinum players.

If you click on Tier Benefits on the MLife website it will tell you what perks you get for being Gold. The ones that come up that you will see the most use out of are: you will earn 10% more express comps than you did as Pearl, you card is now a line pass to the cafes/coffee shops and you get the complimentary room upgrade (when available).

The more express comps is OK, but not a biggie: if you normally earn $60-75 in Express Comps on a trip, you will get an extra $6-7 worth.

The line pass to the cafes and coffee shops is useful, but depends if you eat there much in the first place. Your card was already a buffet line pass.

And the complimentary room upgrade... a lot of people think the "room upgrade" means they are going to be bumped up to a suite or something like that, and while that could happen most of the time the room upgrade is for the little upgrades that they try to sell you at check in that they normally charge $10-20 extra per night, things like strip view rooms, high floor rooms and/or corner rooms (usually a little larger than a regular room).

As far as offers go: those all depend on your level of play and not the color of your card. Since you were Pearl before with 2 trips a year and now you are Gold your play sounds like it went up, so likely your room offers will go up. But that does depend on how you play as well: you get better offers if you concentrate your play at one property:
    IE: if you had $1000 gambling budget and you spent $100 at Mandalay Bay, $150 at Luxor, $100 at NYNY, $50 at MGM, $200 at Mirage, $100 at Bellagio, $100 at Monte Carlo and $200 at Aria... your offers will be "OK" at all properties, but nothing too stand out... but if you took that $1000 budget and spent it like $100 at Mandalay Bay, $50 at Luxor, $600 at NYNY, $150 at Monte Carlo and $100 at MGM Grand then you will end up seeing a lot better offers from NYNY than you will from other properties.

For us, my wife and I aren't big time gamblers (usually just $150-200 per day each) but we concentrate almost all our play at Monte Carlo and Aria and thats why despite have such small bankrolls we still get offers like 3 nights comped at Aria with free play and F&B credit

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    totaly agree but with cet there tier does get you something where mlife realy doesnt without a host having to do the work for you

i wish mlife tiers actualy did what the say like nitelife and club admision , they dont i tried a few weeks ago a was shot down agian

cet diamond 7* does

6. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freeplay offers dont have to do with your play. I play mlife and seen $100 max in freeplay with a substantial average.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It most certainly does have to do with your play. I get more than $100 in freeplay without a substantial average, so do many others here. It may be tied to your slot/VP play which could explain why you don't get much, but I'm not even sure about that because the most freeplay I ever got (I think it was $600) was before I started playing any machine games.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like some of the comment got cut off, so not sure what you are saying. But, freeplay is tied to your play. They are not going to give high freeplay to low play customers. The up the freeplay based on your play with hopes it will just get the pump primed so you play more. Been there many times.

9. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gold is okay -- you do get the line passes to cafes and buffets. More important to me is priority reservations at restaurants, that helped me a few times as Gold. And the discount can be a bit nice, although it's more restrictive. Not a bad status at all. I have to say I prefer Platinum ... simply because skipping taxi lines is worth it to me; I'd take it for that and nothing else!

10. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do the priority reservations actually work? Do they bump people?

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no there supposed to hold back some seats , but if a host or platnium or nior wants them your at the bottom of the list anyway, basicaly its not that much big of a deal unless its a 7 pm on a saturday and mayweather is fighting .

kinda like greasing the hostes 20$ for the next table without having to do the greasing part.

12. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe she's worth greasing.

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don;t keep track of stuff like taxi lines and the like, but these are the things that matter to me:
    • You earn an an extra $0.001 on ExpressComps and PointPlay per $3 coin in as compared to Pearl.
    • Your Tier Discount on rooms when you book through the MLife website should go up by as much as 5%.
    • You are entitled to a View upgrade if available on check in.

All of this stuff is on their website. Don;t expect anything more for a tier color level anywhere.

14. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, paperposter nailed it on priority tables. They hold a bit back. One bonus I've found is that you often get a great table at the restaurant -- for example, last December? Got a phenomenal two-top at Picasso right next to the windows overlooking the fountains. It's a nice little touch.

15. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Skipping to the front of the Starbucks line can be a nice 20 minute time saver with Gold. Same with the buffet lines (although you get that benefit at Pearl).

16. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll get better offers.

I'm gold - barely - and I go to Vegas like 5-6 times a year. I get better offers now than I did when I was Pearl.

You made gold and you say you only go twice a year, therefore, clearly you gamble more than me each trip.

I get good offers from the lower & mid tier MLife properties.

You will too.

17. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you need to mention your plat status or mlife number or whatever when you're making the reservation? Do you ask for a "priority" reservation?

Interested in how this works, as I've always just make reservations by name, and have sometimes had to wait til later than I would like.

18. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

offfers arent based on the color of your card the based on your gambling since people can make gold by spending money its aples vs oranges

19. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I handle the reservations is make them online myself (usually through Open Table for the points), then, when I get to Vegas, I ask a host or someone who knows my platinum status to call and reconfirm the reservation -- works like a charm for getting exceptional service.

20. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He'll get better offers than he did before.

I stand by my post. lol

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.