1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pools? Do you normally pay and what do you get for it?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by David Grant, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Grant

David Grant Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi folks,
    Although I have been to Vegas a lot I have never ventured into any of the pool areas. Vegas to me is about gambling, eating an seeing shows. Spain is for lying at the pool.

But I was wondering, from what I have read you need to pay for entry, chairs, drinks, food etc. what do you get in return?

For example I am off to Turkey soon. Hotel has three pools with entertainment, free drinks ( all inclusive), waiter service, food and free sunbeds, loungers.

What is the attraction of Vegas pools?

Many thanks a confused David.

2. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some Vegas polls can be fun!

I like the Flamingo pool as it isn't a specialty pool meaning that as a guest you don't pay for entry! And the atmosphere is fun, people looking to have a good time while being unpretentious.

We
    Love the pool to start the day. Get there at open, sit and get the drink specials!

Then once we have got some sun, it's off to start the day.

It's a fun relaxing way to start off. I perfer it to sleeping in. I don't feel like I am wasting part of the day sleeping in...but still don't have to be in top form to enjoy the pool.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    real simple the attraction is young drunk girls in basicly no clothe hope that helps and yes guys pay for that privlage in vegas

4. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't pay to use the main pool area if you are a guest at the particular hotel. I guess that can be a perk but is usually standard with most hotel pools.

The main perk is to relax in the warmth or cool off from the warmth... or tan. The drinks are pricier compared to inside but can be very worth it if you are willing to pay for it. It can be a fun experience with a partner as well, depending on the pool and its features. Lounging is also free if you can get a lounge chair. Day beds and cabanas do cost, however.

Now Day/Pool Clubs are another beast. These are essentially nightclubs held during the day around a small pool. Just like nightclubs they have a cover charge to enter. They usually pump the music and encourage fun and dancing. You pay for the club like experience and music, not necessarily the pool.

Some of the pools do indeed charge non-hotel guests to enter. Usually between $10 - $20. This is usually for locals so they too have a chance to have some fun without having to get a room.

5. David Grant

David Grant Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that guys.

In europe we don't have the day bed / cabana scene nor do we really have the day club scene (apart from a few places catering to the young crowd).

Last time I went clubbing all i got were a few seal pups.:)

It just seemed weird. But when in Rome...

many thanks
    David

6. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Vegas pools are expensive. If you want to just sit and chill at your hotel pool, you'll be fine. But if you want drinks, food, etc. ... I feel like you definitely pay a premium for the privilege.

7. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't do the tanning thing but I really like to relax in the shade. Unfortunately at most pools shade is very hard to come by! Most pool decks are bare and open, which is great for the tanners. This year we'll be staying at MGM Grand which looks to have plenty of shade. Lots of trees to lounge under. The hot and dry desert heat really zaps me and puts me in a sleep. Very nice!

MGM Grand is also one of a few hotels that has a lazy river! I'm looking forward to this for sure! I haven't been in a lazy river in more than 10 years.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.