1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Would you take this gamble @ Drais?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by DonnyC, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at Drais Yacht club and the webiste is wrong.

It shows that you can book a table for the Yacht Club under the daytime venue - and it is the Yacht Club that they are promoting. http://www.draisbeachclub.com/book-table/index.html?date=2014-07-22&id=3202430121

In this case I can get a Day Bed for $200. it is probably supposed to be a day time Day Bed as opposed to the Yacht Club (night time) but that's not what the website says.

If rather I book Drais Yacht Club following the evening venue link http://www.draisnightlife.com/book-table/index.html?date=2014-07-22&id=3202414537 that same Day bed has a price of $2,500.

So, would you take the gamble and book through the day time venue link http://www.draisbeachclub.com/event/index.html?id=3202430121&date=2014-07-22 as it clearly says Yach Club and has a far lower price?

I guess the worst that would happen is that I would show up for the eveing and they would tell me that I made a reservation for the Day Bed for during the day time hours - and I would be out the $200.

But if I video taped myself doing the whole booking, and they tried to tell me that I booked for the daytime - and I could show that the website said Yacht Club...what would happen?

2. offandon

offandon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine when you actually get all the way through the booking process that it would indicate the correct time. If you were to get a fully booked confirmation that clearly says that it is for the night time then they should honor that. I am thinking you will not get that. In order for that to happen you would need not only the text description to be wrong before booking but also the reservation system to handle it incorrectly.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

if you will see anything it would be after the table is actually reserved.

Here's the booking link with no further indication of times ect. http://www.draisbeachclub.com/ticketstripe/ticketscheckout.html

4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must realize that you will be extremely unlikely to get away with that, and that chances of success will be very, very low.

5. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what do you think the outcome would be?

Get refunded?

Flat out turned away and lose the money?

Some other option?

6. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Likely--they will offer you some "deal", like reducing the spend requirement to $2000 instead of $2500

Possible--they will let you in and let you spend the $200 on drinks but no reserved seating

Possible--they will just seat you and the waitress will assume and enforce a minimum spend 10x what you are hoping

Unlikely--they will refund your money

Unlikely--they will tell you tough sh!t, we can't help you

Certainly--you will be in an awkward, uncomfortable position

In any case, the door of a nightclub is not a fun place to "take a shot" like this. They know that you know what you are trying to do, and they can make it pretty miserable if they want to. Get there early if you want to negotiate with them, and realize you may not actually have a reservation as you will have missed the day session you booked for.

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man how many threads are you gonna start about Drais?

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you call?

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    woudnt that tip them off to the " scam" there trying to get away with

and yes way to many drais threads life isnt that complicated

10. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good luck. Pretty sure you will be out $200. They have been doing this a while and have people trying so many different things.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly... c'mon now, don't be "that guy".

12. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because I'm not getting answers on the other thread.

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    becuase some of the question you posted can not be answerd and you have been posting basicaly the same thing for more the last couple of months already i think people have got tired honestly of them

most of the question can be answerd if you read stuff here or else were. ive posted tons of times about most clubs. its not rocket science you show up pay go in, if theres a crowd u wait.end of story. hopefuly your drias questions are offiacly answerd, have fun its vegas

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think to be fair, I have got a bunch of varying answers ranging from '2 guys won't get in' all the way to '2 guys? No problem!'

So then I decided to ask questions specifically abotu Drias as opposed to in general - hoping that people who have been to Drais can answer the questions with reference to their experience at Drias and not just with regards to clubs in general - thus more threads.

I could have placed the NEW questions in the OLD threads, but then it may not have got the traffic as people think...'Oh, I know what that thread is about already...and there is nothing in it for me' - not realizing that the thread has taken a bit of a different direction.

For an example: The Yacht Club is relatively new...so I was hoping to get an idea on ho wit works. Some people have said 'It's just like other clubs'...even though I asked for specific information and have said that I haven't been to other clubs.

Annoying people certainly wasn't the idea, sorry for that. At the same point, if someone doesn't want to read about Drias.

15. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think people are trying to help you, and we hope you have a good time. It seems like in every one of your threads you come across as budget conscious--which is OK. BUT, when it comes to you wanting to go to one of the more pricey places in town and hoping to trick them into giving you an experience priced at $2500 for $200, we just can't help you. Go with the flow, if you get somewhere and you're not willing to pay the price--just go elsewhere.

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

We are budget conscious but would like to try Drais pool for sure.

We are just trying to figure out what that will look like.

Originally, the website only had the Yacht Club under the day section - not the night section - and only showed the lower prices for the Day Bed.So at that point...I thought that their day bed prices for the Yacht Club more resembled their day bed prices for the regular pool days - as opposed to resembling the day bed price for the evening pool parties where they bring in a top DJ.

So then the question become to pre-buy the $30 admission or not?

Not sure why I wouldn't...and that's why I ask questions like: does that guarantee me entry even if I show up after it opens. Does it guarantee entry for a 'group' of 2 guys? And then to help make the process of entry more smooth, questions like what is appropriate clothing to the Yacht Club pool party, so that we are not turned away to go and change.

17. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do pre sale tickets it guarantees you entry no questions asked. Now you may have to wait on line because others did pre sale but you will get in. Even 2 guys. The 2 guy thing is if you were going to wait on the general admission line (GA).

Now if you go to Drais nightclub link to the photo albums http://www.draisnightlife.com/photos/ and look at the photos for the Yacht Club nights you will see it is a more casual scenario than the usual club requirements.

So for safety and not getting sent away I would base my choices on what the photos show guys wearing. I would not recommend jean shorts, aka jorts, for that night for any reason.

Now in regards to the original question. $200 doesn't even buy a bottle in the place so you won't be getting that deal.

Hope his helps.

18. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

You dont think they will automatically know you're trying to game them if you did this. Unless this is the norm in today's world(video recording every aspect of daily life) I dont think this is going to fly. Maybe the Kardashians?

19. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help all!

I think we will just buy the presale tomorrow...as we want to go for sure.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.