1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Post Las Vegas sadness

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TriviaAndy, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriviaAndy

TriviaAndy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to see about the rest of you. I get very sad after coming home. I fell so alive in Las Vegas that when I come home I am sad and depressed for a few days. Now the World Cup final today helped with that and my team won, but I am still sad. Am I just over emotional? I call it post Las Vegas depression. I have a good life and I am quite happy. Maybe it is that special feeling of excitement and so many things to do that makes me happy.

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get the same way.

The pre-trip buildup is awesome. Planning and fantasizing about the perfect trip and then counting down the days until departure. Then the day finally arrives and you hit the airport and your gate says LAS VEGAS on it and it's all good. Slam a few drinks on the plane and go over your plan in your head and then the excitement builds as you get closer and you see Lake Mead and Hoover Dam and then finally see the strip.

Coming home sucks.

But now you get to start the cycle all over again and begin planning the next one...

3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I come home, I'm still all giddy and excited from the trip. It takes a few days to settle down and come back to reality.
    Then I start planning and booking the next trip right away! Come here, read the posts and trip reports, then the next thing you know it's Vegas time again!

I dread the day this all ends. :cry:

4. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how you feel. The only way to get over it is to book another trip right when you get back so that you have something to look forward to.

This post-Vegas sadness has forced me into four trips a year instead of the likely one.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Post-Vegas sadness led me to a heroin addiction.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I deal with this a lot. Too much gambling stimulation drowned in alcohol in Vegas.

It's definitely worse for me on Vegas than Tunica trips. Probably because Vegas is a bigger pain (for me) to get to and is definitely more fun. :(

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jesus, if true, I hope you kicked that heroin crap!

You obviously didn't kick the Vegas thing since you post here...:poke:

8. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree with you. I got back a few weeks ago, and that excitement is gone. Like you, I have a great life, nothing to complain about but that feeling in Vegas is just something else. To me choosing when to be in the crowd of excitement is the best. Sometimes in the daytime it gets too overwhelming and I either eat, hit the spa or go back to the room and nap or watch TV, then after a few hours I think... Shit there's craziness happening down there, I need to be involved and out again I go. Just having the shopping, gambling, clubs, dinging, socializing all within steps of your door is amazing, nothing like it.... unless your someone who's rich and famous.

9. sam_marques

sam_marques Vegas Vlogs Youtube / TeamClareVlogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are definitely not alone! I'm only getting over my post trip blues now and I went in April :cry: The only way I can get over it is to plan another trip.

10. SirSwizzlestick

SirSwizzlestick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PVD (Post Vegas Depression) is very real. Gotta book another trip right away....

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always start planning the next trip as soon as I get home unless I get the shit beaten out of me on the trip.

But SirSwizzlestick is the coolest username ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I always start planning the next trip as soon as I get home unless I get the shit beaten out of me on the trip.

But SirSwizzlestick is the coolest username ever.

12. macwjp

macwjp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made my first voyage to Vegas in February with the Mrs and the first three days I think I had a grand total of 6 hours sleep. We stayed 8 nights and by the end of the trip I was running on fumes and hit the wall hard when I got home. Within a week we had already booked our next trip for November and everything was all better :)

13. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a worse problem I start getting depressed when the trip is more than half over.

I'm a "cup is half empty" sort of guy.

TomTWI

14. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I find it isn't SO bad when I already have another trip planned. Fall trips are the worst - because the only thing you have to look forward to is frickin winter (I really shouldn't live in Minnesota). A spring trip, at least you have summer to look forward to.

But it's the same thing every time. On my first morning back, I get up in the morning, make my coffee - and head downstairs - only there are no slot machines down there - only the stupid washer and dryer. :(

15. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am usually exhausted after a trip and sort of welcome a day or two of down time.

-Max

16. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan the next trip , we were last there in Feb 13 and the depression of leaving lasted weeks, its been a long 18 months (will be 18 months when we get there) , the excitement is building for our Sept trip . My wife has said that this will be the last trip for a few years as we need to save for family holidays (I said we can do both, its only money) . If it is then it will be a big countdown but no matter how long between trips, Vegas will be there when you can go back and the cycle will start all over again.

17. tex55

tex55 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My post-Vegas depression actually starts in Terminal D at McCarran when I am walking to my gate. I know that the fun is over, and real life is back. Then I come home, take a day off from work, and start planning how soon I can come back!

18. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find myself enjoying the pre-trip fantasizing about betting big, winning big, crazy parties more than the actual trip itself. The trip tends to never live up to the hype i impose on it.

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

You're not alone. Here's an article about a study that showed the biggest increase in happiness comes just from the planning and anticipation of a vacation:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/how-vacations-affect-your-happiness/

20. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for the article.

"“The practical lesson for an individual is that you derive most of your happiness from anticipating the holiday trip,” he said. “What you can do is try to increase that by taking more trips per year. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.