1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's the Shortest Stay You Would Do in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by johnvic, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm missing Vegas. My last trip wasn't great because I had back and hip problems, which I'm happy to say have gone away. I'd like to sneak in a quick trip soon and take a longer trip in late fall. I live in NY so there's a bit of traveling. I could leave on Thursday evening, fly back Monday mid-day and back to work on Wednesday, I work early so back to work on Tuesday is very tough. I could do it frugally and just relax at MSS. I really like it there.

So for you east coasters, or farther, what's the shortest Vegas trip you would take?

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us (Mid Georgia) it means a 2 hour drive to Atlanta and a 4 hour flight. We have departed on Wednesday morning and returned on Saturday. So, a 3 night stay is my minimum followed by a partial weekend to recoup.I could do your plan, you get back to work on Wednesday for a short week. MSS = Yes. Is the flight from NY direct? How many hours?

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three nights is the shortest that I would do and I am just coming from Houston.

If I still lived in Philly I would still be a 3-night minimum at the very least and likely four.

I hate feeling rushed.

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We won't do anything less than 5 nites....flights long & expensive airfare now (not any bargains anymore from SDF). 1st trip to LV was 3 nites & that taught us that it makes no sense for us to travel there unless we can do 5-6 nights so we really feel we have had a vacation....

5. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 is the minimum.....And unless it were free I wouldn't do it. I did this a few years ago, and felt like my Vegas time was in fast forward. Came back to Tampa (home) feeling like I hadn't even taken a break. 5-10 days is the norm for me. Next year I'll be doing 2 weeks for the first time since the 1990's.

6. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got round trip flights on spirit out of Detroit before for $60. We went for 24 hours almost to the minute and flew back home. 8 hours of flying for 24 hours in Vegas!!! 300% ROI worth it

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three is my minimum, but four is my max. I live in the sticks and LAS requires a layover so 6.5 hours is the best case scenario once I've boarded my first flight. The travel sucks. But more than four nights in Vegas takes more out of me than the short turnaround travel.

I did a 24 hour trip once. It was one of those drunken, last minute, "dude-we-should-totally-go-to-Vegas-tomorrow!" deals where we actually followed through. And I was probably 23-24. That kinda thing would likely kill me today.

8. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We wouldn't consider anything less than a week due to the expense involved with airfare. Our first trip was four days - way too short. Every trip since has been between nine and eleven days. This year's trip will be ten. Counting the days!

9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    done the exact same from Chicago twice back when flights were under $200.......24 hours of going ALL OUT......knowing you are leaving there is something extra fun about it----no holding back!

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I travel out of state (I live in northern Nevada), pretty much everything goes thru Las Vegas. I live 30 minutes or so from the Reno airport and it's an hour flight down to Vegas, so I often do that part one day, spend the night, have some fun and fly on to my destination the following day. I do that 4-5 times a year in addition to my monthly visits for a couple days each, so I sure get my Vegas "jones" met regularly.

11. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I used to do weekend trips leaving Fri evening pretty often when I first started going. I'd take the redeye back to NY on Sunday night and go straight to the office.

12. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to do 2-3 nights and go more to Vegas more often when the flights cheaper. With the flights becoming more expensive I now book 4-5 nights. If I could get DH to go a week I would be all for it, but he says 4-5 nights is more than enough.

13. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually do 2-3 night stays.

14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least 5 days. Flights are long (5 1/2 hrs.) and expensive. Not worth going for less than 5 days. I don't want to feel rushed.

15. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Five is the shortest I want to do... three is the shortest I am willing to do

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip with the g/f flew out on Sunday and returned on Thursday. We somehow saw tons of the strip that trip and when leaving we figured 4 days were enough in the future.

But at we started to go back, we began to find more things we enjoyed in Vegas. So four days would be the bare minimum now. I'm much more happy with our 6 day trips. And with flights being one of our more cost prohibitive factors, more days make sense anyway.

17. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 nights is my minimum. Anything less would be a tease.

18. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But I wouldn't do a 24 hour trip anymore, I'm too old. 3 days is the minimum id do. With grandparents watching my kids we feel like we're taking advantage of them if we stay longer than 4 or 5 days. Last year we did 7, when we pulled into the driveway they had their car running and packed and left about 10min of us walking thru the door ha ha

19. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 nights is my average. 4 nights max. Anything past that and I'm ready to go home.
    Went for 8 nights once and felt it was too long. Shortest was 2 nights on a solo trip.

20. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flight to Vegas from NYC is a direct flight, about 5 1/2 hours. Coming back I have done a few red eyes when I went for a convention, I hated that. It will be hot in August, but I think waiting until September is too long. So maybe a 4 night trip is just what I need!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.