1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

It's official: McDonald's sucks

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ken2v, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny, I've eaten at some of the nicest restaurants in the United States but I still find a sausage Mcgriddle to be absolutely incredible. Lol. As Jim Gaffigan points out - it's the guilty pleasure no one wants to admit they secretly like.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is anyone else wondering when Ken is going to start posting daily rants about the Cromwell wall? :poke:

4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do tell ... :evillaugh

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will pay you one USD to change your user title from "This Space For Rent" to "McDonald's Aficionado"

6. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my reference doesn’t ring a bell:

There was a poster a few months back who had an irrational dislike of the fact that some of the rooms at The Cromwell face a wall that (I assume) supports the rooftop pool. He started numerous threads about it and made sure to bring it up in other threads any time he had the opportunity. It actually became quite comical.

I was just giving you a hard time as you seem to really enjoy giving it to McD’s of late. (Though, I certainly can’t disagree with your assertions…nor the opinion of those life-of-the-party members of CR.)

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those burger ratings are generally terrible.

In-n-out overrated once again of course. And steak-n-shake at 7.5? That's nuts.

I'm not surprised by portillos rating, but I'm shocked they were surveyed. Good luck trying to find them outside of Chicago.

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked. ;)

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang. That much closer to being able to retire. But can I get it in a Loonie?

10. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    McD have some good breakfast offerings, I think. Of course, food snobs would never give them a chance.

11. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Newflash!!!

Readers of Consumer Reports are food snobs. Details at 11!!!

12. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yet they sell the most by a landslide guess you are not the only food snob out there

Mcdonalds, chain restaurants, mcharrahs we already know you cant stand what the common folks enjoy

13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love street food and will eat at a cart with a long line anywhere in the world. I enjoy food a lot. I am not a "food snob". When I travel, some of my favorite food is picked up from a grocery store and eaten in a park or on a street bench. I'm cheap, in general:peace:

I don't like McDonalds. I don't like chains in general - I'd far more quickly run to an unknown dive where the food could be deadly or it could be heavenly than eat in a fast food chain.

Not liking chains, enjoying variety no matter the risk, not liking McDonalds or processed food doesn't make you a food snob. Just means you don't like McDonalds.

There's no need to name calling. And if it goes on, we know what happens....Please don't make us delete threads.

14. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here, let me help with the hearing impaired here:

That was the poll results of the fast-food preferences of Consumer Reports readers/subscribers.

Now that I've learned they are effete snobs I'm going to cancel my subscription!! :thumbsup:

But it's true, I'm not a fan of McDs. I do like me some In-N-Out, though.

And it is kinda interesting to see a place that is so ubiquitous and profitable that doesn't somehow stand muster with its peers.

It's obvious there are chain and fast eats that the public prefers to other places, IF we are to assume that a poll of the preferences of CR readers is a public poll. Doesn't mean EVERYONE agrees with the poll results, just that folks are trending one way vs. another. It also means it is A-OK to think, well, any place that you like is A-OK. Putting it another way, it is possible to enjoy the hoi polloi side of life and still think some of it is crap; I don't like every decision the Dodgers' front office makes, but I still like the Dodgers.

Or maybe it's actually the tally of Sorbonne graduates and I just thought it John Qs saying they prefer highbrow places like the Habit or In-N-Out.

16. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As much as I don't like fast food versus fast casual (ex. Chipotle and Jimmy Johns), there aren't as many fast casual joints versus fast food joints.

17. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did. '81 or so. I was young. It was awful. And I would eat pretty much anything back then. ;)

I gotta agree on CR reviews. I'd say with a few of the last half-dozen or so serious-sized purchases we either went with the other rating serves or if it was a CR star we weren't that thrilled.

But here with BurgerGate the "foul" appears to be the doing of CR readers not testers/editors.

18. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the fast one McD's pulled on everyone with the pink slime before being exposed, we decided we would never give them a nickel. Hubby & I were never fans but we would indulge hubby's daughters occasionally. There are many videos showing that the food doesn't decompose but this is a nice short video. I'm not sure exactly what it is that McD's sells, but it doesn't seem to be food.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/PFI3iGc93WG

19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    McD's has a pretty well balanced breakfast menu that is well priced. The only thing they need is to offer an alternative to hash browns for those who don't want them in a combp. But there are some places, particularly Dunkin Donuts, that could give them a run for their money if they took breakfast sandwiches more seriously.

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, bear, you just hit two I think really know what they are doing. I don't consider one "Mexican" nor the other a "deli," but both make good, tasty food in a hurry.

We live in a small place; Chipotle and In-N-Out, for instance, are 25 miles north. Applebee's showed up a bit ago and it rocked the social scene. But we are deep in mom/pop, local-entrepreneur eats; lotsa Mexican, surprising amount of Thai, great burger and breakfast joints, one acceptable pizza place, couple commendable cafe/wine bars, the requisite reuben-serving dive bars. This ain't the SoCal we left but we didn't exactly feast on chainery there, either. I love supporting the locals with their own formulas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.