1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife rates up and down

Discussion in 'Comps' started by amk121, Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wondered if you guys are as bad as I am lol..I made reservations to stay at aria next week on the mlife site, and I keep checking in to see if rates ever decrease and when I do see them go down, I call to see if they can change it..I wish the MLife site was better so that you can do this yourself.but do you guys do this, even if it is just a few dollars less? ..I must drive the agents crazy when I keep calling lol..

2. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it were a few dollars I wouldn't but I'm definitely conscious of rates. I'm eager to book even though I'm going in november, but I keep telling myself that winter offers haven't even come out yet. I would like to avoid re booking if I can.

One thing I don't like about the mlife site is now when you go to book for your trip, they display the minimum rate and not the average rate. When I look to book for the dates I'm going, monte car lo and nyny show rates of $33. It's not a huge deal, but it's seems like there is a bit of deception. I go to book Planet Hollywood through total rewards and it seems way more expensive, but they include taxes and resort fees in the total cost.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The minimum price thing is so annoying! It doesn't show that if you book through an offer though.

Kind of a tip.. if you get those generic "summer" offers or whatever from Mlife some GREAT deals in there, it's deceiving, because it doesn't look like a good deal from the verbiage they write on there. I booked Aria for next weekend $129 and $79, it was 50% off the regular rate for my dates. It was cheaper than Luxor.

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Detest the change to the minimum price ... such an aggravation.

But I do the same thing -- I check rates frequently after I've booked and, if they've gone down, I rebook. Usually, if I'm booking a group of rooms, I'll call once about a week or two before we go out to give the names on the rooms and also check rates. They frequently go down.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes...I used to do this with CET all the time and must've switched my reservations five times to take advantage of dropping prices.

I was just on the MLife site looking at rooms for the second half of my Sept trip (doing 3 in Palazzo and 3 in Aria or Mirage) and both have very reasonable rates. $77ish per night for Mirage and $100 for Aria.

On a side note...CET's revenue department must be drunk. They want upwards of $400 per night for some places and like $280 for PH. This is Sept 18-23

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah there is probably some event that's why it's so high. The weekend rates at CET seem outrageous lately though.. it's weird.

7. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've had to fight the urge to book because of those offers that may come. Right now, it's all summer offers, so I gotta wait until the winter offers start coming.

8. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am waiting for MLife offers for the Fall (September). Is any one receiving Fall offers for September. I do not seem to be getting any offers from MLife.

My Longest Trip Ever
  9. VeddaLasVegas

VeddaLasVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our offers on the MLife site are terrible, but my husband and I get our best offers via email. We've gotten email offers for September from Aria and Bellagio. Nothing on the website.

10. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just received one from the Delano for 3 free nights and $1000 credit for the fall. Unfortunately, I will be at MB two weeks before the promo starts. I'm sure it a 1x offer.

11. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get my offers so late ... wish I would get a new offer before my trip next month. Maddeningly slow sometimes!

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am awaiting the Sept offers as well...not only for MLife but Grazie too. I want to split my trip 3 nights at V/P and 3 at Mirage or Aria. It will be my first time switching hotels during a trip.

I know I won't get comped nights at ML since I haven't given them any substantial play in awhile. But they usually throw out good reduced rates. I have pretty good rates for Mirage and Aria now but maybe Sept offers will get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.