1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Aria free room rewards have disappeared

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by KKB, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speculation that dates past Sept and/or rate increase are coming.
    Ironically, DH & I had each bought 2 midweek comp bonus nights for our upcoming trip; yesterday we discovered Caesars comping us all 4 nights-- a rarity. Plus they are generally very generous with comped upgrades. SO I jumped. Refunded DH's Aria rooms, but couldn't refund mine as I have refunded 3 in the last 30 days.
    WELL it occurred to me if we DIDN'T get the upgrade we were looking for at CP we could head over to Aria for the last 2 nights! Sometimes NOT being able to refund those rewards is a blessing!

2. goober1102

goober1102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOT Good...at least not for me! I have everything already booked for a trip October 6th and have been waiting for the last few months for the calendar to get updated to dates for the rest of the year, been hoarding chips to get as many nights as possible, and now there are NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone know if they will be added back?

thanks

3. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet. I paid for mine for September a week ago. Just waiting on work to figure out exactly which week will work.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not good. I am thinking about September...probably should preemptively buy and book when we know we're going.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  5. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a weekend comp bonus night a week ago, thinking when the dates come out, the price will go up. I hope they are still offering it when they do come out!!

6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone on the board mentioned this earlier so i jumped on a weekend comp night thinking they would be increased shortly, thank you VMB saint!

7. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember last time we were waiting on the new dates to come out, a lot of the reward prices increased. Now we wait.....

8. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I managed to get a weekend night and a midweek night for Sept before they pulled them , I still have one reward left and was looking the other day for dates and noticed then that there were none available, don't think I will wait on the off chance that they are put back on , Bellagio buffet will prob get my last reward

9. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to guess award prices will go up. Award redemption rates from any program -- airline, hotel, Mlife, etc. -- never seem to go down. Guessing we'll see these back before too long.

10. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really do hope that they keep the Aria room reward loyalty prices the same. :beer:

11. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm I wonder if I can exploit a loophole then.. :wink2: I have a Midweek comp room already booked (that are limited to 1 per batch), but this is a new batch coming out so I wonder if I can use another to tack on to my trip when they do come back? Anyone have experience with this or know?

12. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, glad I got those bonus nights when I did!

13. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also wondering if I could do the same, that's if they don't raise the cost too much

14. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the fall dates would go down in price (if not by much), since that's the end of the peak season. I've booked rooms in November/December last year and the year before, and they were much cheaper than equivalent rewards during the summer.

EDC
  15. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I though mid weeks nights were a steal @ 99K a night, glad I have mine reserved and booked for September.

Q

16. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked CP again--had booked Roman Tower now Forum Tower is showing comped, so cancelled & rebooked (which isn't always a lock I have discovered; I kept seeing Caesars comped on the TR calender, but when I tried to book it wouldn't come up; but hey, I'm a gambler, so roll the dice!). Roman Tower is yech, Forum is OK & CP is usually generous with the comps (and a mention of our 20 year anniversary--married in Vegas!--might help!) Thinking the $20+ trick would be a good use right here!

Good thing as I didn't realize that the Aria availability calender is not that--only days you CAN use the rewards--they might not be available. (plus those rooms will cost us $28/nt in resort fees...)

We shall see!

17. nailsanddetails

nailsanddetails Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just made enough LP for a 3 night stay and rooms start dropping off the list

18. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the sneaking suspicion that they are not going to be coming back, JMO. Last year around Mayish they took away the Mirage "suite" deal that was one that you had to reach a certain level (100 I think, cuz i was at 98 or so LOL) and IT never came back and all they had to replace it was the single night...one per player reward and the 25% off which is pretty much useless. That was during the same time frame that I had my 4th reward pulled back a week after it was given to me.
    I too had purchased 3 of the Aria nights, and waited, and waited for the dates past September to open up and then looked at the wording on the reward and i think it says must be used before Sept 30th or whatever and I just ended turning em back in.
    They (playstudio) are also talking about removing the LP wedges from the daily spin because "too many people complain about getting LPs instead of chips". I will take LPs anyday

19. Tammer

Tammer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this is a new batch that is coming out, would that mean that I could then use that reward again? I booked a room at Mandalay Bay in March of this year using my LP's and when I attempted to book that same reward again today, I received an error message saying I couldn't redeem for that reward again because I could only use it once. When I spoke to the MyVegas booking agent on the phone, she said I should be able to book it but apparently she was mistaken. I seem to recall hearing that you could only use a reward again once the 'batch' had been replenished.

20. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why "suite" is in quotation marks in your post. It was a proper suite, about 1400 Sq. Ft. with some awesome amenities. I know because I used this reward and was quite impressed. Whales wouldn't likely stay in it, but low rollers like you and me would be blown away.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.