1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Recharging my batteries in Vegas live trip report! Most likely super long.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by houstonsmoothie, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houstonsmoothie

houstonsmoothie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Morning Everyone! Yesterday we visited the new Linc and rode the High Roller. The view was amazing and I also enjoyed the tilted kilt. Its just amazing to see the transformation of the whole area. By the way I had no idea how cute guys in kilts could be....:beer: Went to see the Million Dollar Quartet which my Mom loved and I thought was OK. Had a nice dinner at Toby Keith's. I got beat up a little at three card poker but luckily won it all back at craps. I had a pretty awesome roll...hitting the hard 8 three times and getting 5 points. Love this game when I am the shooter and can get the whole table yelling. Off to cheer on the US soccer team now!

2. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the live updates! Good luck and hope it continues for you and your mom!!

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck! Where did you decide to watch the game at?

4. houstonsmoothie

houstonsmoothie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so happy and excited to report what happened today. We went to do the daily slot tournament at Main Street Station and had no luck. I decided to put a $20 bill into a dollar video poker machine and..........I got a Royal Flush. $4000. I am still in utter shock. Spent the rest of the evening celebrating !!!

5. houstonsmoothie

houstonsmoothie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVH... Wasn't the best choice because not a lot of crazy fans there but they did have a very nice setuo for it. Wish we would have won but am proud of our guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks...your good luck wishes are working!

6. Kkirk777

Kkirk777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats of your win! So what's next?

7. CoachSt

CoachSt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear you on the teacher/coach part, spent time in Ft. Worth in that very occupation . . . congrats on the Royal and keep it going!!!

8. jovegas

jovegas Tourist

We also love Blueberry Hill! My favorite is the cinnamon pancakes. Yum! Which one do you go to? We also like the Hash House A Go Go on Sahara and share the chicken and waffles. Mmmmm. Have you ever seen their omelette? Enormous!!
    !!!!

9. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the VP Royal! Hope your luck continues!!

10. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hash house rocks.

11. houstonsmoothie

houstonsmoothie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I haven't been reporting the last couple of days. One of my good friends that is currently teaching in Argentina is here visiting and we have been going nonstop. Today we played in a small texas Holden tournament at the Plaza. I made the final table but not in the money. We played a little bit of everything and ate brunch at Main Street Station and a very good dinner at Gonzalez y Gonzalez in New York New York. We checked out the new Hershey Chocolate World and walked around some shops. Also broke her in to Bingo...she won $250.

12. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the Royal from one Texan to another! Looks like you're no longer on a teacher's budget!

13. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Digging all the Houston love in this thread ... never made the drive to Vegas. You know I'd do it ... great report!

14. tracim

tracim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    super fun trip ... we are doing our roadtrip in August from Ft. Worth .... northern route going and southern coming back .... I like to do a loop on roadtrips!

15. houstonsmoothie

houstonsmoothie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All, well I made it back to Houston about a week and a half ago. I am sorry I stopped reporting. I was typing on a super out of date tablet and it was just tooooooo much effort during my last exhausting days in Vegas. The last night of the trip I got lucky on a penny machine and hit for $1080 on a 65 free spin bonus ( of course I was playing $1.20 a spin but still a heck of a hit). Drove home the Northorn route....enjoyed Bearizona Wildlife Park, Alburquque's tramway, Roswell Alien hunting, and Carlsbad Caverns. Overall a fun trip home. Now beleive it or not I am flying back to Las Vegas tomorrow with my lil bro and 2 friends for a short 3 night trip. Leaving out of Hobby on SW ( free with points). I will continue to report. Let's see if my good luck continues!!!

16. denluvslv

denluvslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun and good luck.

17. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great win for you smoothie! I really hope I have the time some day to make the drive to Vegas. Good luck on your next trip, and keep us updated.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.