1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Critique my craps strategy

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by chonglosaxon, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me start off by sayinh i have had decent results in the past with my method and understand that i have to hitpoints and get a semi warm roller to do decent. That being said here is my strategy:

400Pl/800odds
    180/6-8
    120/4-5-9-10

I play two comes bets at max odds
    Press the all numbers half of winnings each time

I will place some field bets, box bets and will hedge with some more come bets the longer the dice keep going.

1) what do you think?

2) Whats my best way of hedging once i have about 5-10k rolling on the table with a hit roller? Continue come bets?

Thanks guys. I have some epic trips reports i can post but they are all old. I will do one next time.

2. fadetheseven

fadetheseven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no mathematical way to beat a negative expectation game. You can limit losses by betting less (start small, regressions, quit when you're ahead). You can win bigger and potentially lose bigger by betting more (start hard, press every hit, cover all numbers).

I don't like to swing for the fences so prefer to start and press every other hit. I prefer place bets but if I come bet I tend to keep putting them out there. You never know which number will be a repeater. Toughest part about only playing 2-3 numbers is watching the other numbers get pounded.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My only advice would be to bet less on the line and more on the odds. You are only taking 2x on the odds. Crank that number up!

As for hedging when you have a hot roller, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I don't think you mean hedge. I think you mean take advantage of a hot roller. Since I've never been good at predicting whether a shooter will seven out or not on the next roll, I can't help you there :ssst:

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on lowering the pass line and taking more odds.

5. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is your objective? What is your bankroll?
    Since you are putting out $1500 on each shooter to start, you better have a pretty deep pair of pockets.
    If you are swinging for the fences, go for it. But if you want to play for at least a two hour session ( my usual objective ), you better buy in with at least at least five times your base bet. That would be at least $7500.
    As for your pressing strategy, I also collect at least my base bet on each shooter before I start re-investing.
    And yes - at the level you play, anything less than full odds is a bad strategy.

6. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does the strategy do after two point seven shooters in a row? Down nearly 3 grand do you punch your way out of the corner? You've been at the table 5 minutes. Walk away?

7. Googleboots

Googleboots Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what's the purpose of betting $120 on the outside numbers? Just curious, you might run into trouble with dealers not knowing the presses or the payouts for the 5&9. first recommendation is to keep those bets easy for everyone(Round to the next quarter is easy),

As others have said, lower the line bet, increase the odds.

Last suggestion for longevity- Don't bet every number out of the gate. Bet inside or outside, and then adapt with your come bets. It's not increasing your chances of winning by betting across; you're actually just increasing your overall house advantage. If the roll is getting good, fill out the numbers, but starting with all of them doesn't often ever yield a profit.

also HEDGING means a way of protecting your money. If you had $10k on the layout, you'd have to really bet $15k against one number and hope it doesn't hit, so if a 7 rolls your money is covered.

8. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bankroll is 100k plus, dont really consider walking after a 3k loss.

9. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The purpose of the spread is to limit losses ans wait for a big roll or two. That essentially all i need and i am set.

10. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would hardly think 120 outside vs. 200 outside would have an effect on a 100K plus bank roll. And why the full odds on Come bets but only 2x on PL?

11. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take full odds on the pass line. Also, don't continually press the numbers. It's best to do a few presses and then stop. Otherwise, there will always be a 7-out when you have your biggest bet out there and it wouldn't of hit.

12. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, or after 9 of them like we had yesterday.

13. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes!! Sorry Nate

14. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think i am going to modify to take max odds, start off just betting the 6,8,9 and then play two come bets with full odds.

Anyone have any thoughts?

15. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid placing 4, 5, 9, and 10. Yes, you will feel like you are missing out on some action, but the house edge is big. Placing the 5 & 9 is a 4.00% edge, while the 4 and 10 are 6.67%. Never place the 4 or 10 - if you want them covered, always buy those numbers. The house edge on the buy bet for the 4 and 10 is 1.67%.

16. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the original post it sounds like you are one of those players who has to get as much money out on the table as possible and would rather win a couple of chips every throw than see a throw go by and not have some chips coming your way.

Kind of like I was playing roulette the other day and this one guy sitting next to me was betting about 200-225 every spin covering around 32 numbers. So yes, he got some chips shoved his way almost every spin but when he actually turned a profit he was only coming out ahead 15-20 chips and most of the time he was losing 15-20 chips a spin except when one of his numbers didn't come up and he'd get cleaned out.

Just seems similar to your original strategy where yes, you can come out ahead on a good run, but just seems like what you are putting at risk isn't worth the gain?

17. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very true. I love the action and i would imagine my wins wouldnt be as much as you woukd think.

That being said what is your strategy for craps? I have the pass line with full odds part. Should i play just the 6-8? 6-8 and field?

19. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play craps that much, so I don't think I would be a very good source of strategy on the game... I was just making an observation because when I started playing craps I was one of those players who put a lot of chips out there and then after an hour of play I'd check where I am at and be scratching my head wondering why I seemed to have an almost constant stream of chips coming my way and yet I was still down a bunch.

Nowadays when I play I usually do pass line with odds and then two come bets with odds and then sometimes just depending on how I feel, if I am winning and how the shooter is doing I will put some other bets out there as well.

20. nineroller9

nineroller9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After all the help given to you here, if you are nevertheless playing the field, big BR or not, you have no business playing at a craps table. IMO

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.