1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Room Noise due to Cromwell?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by wildfiya, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildfiya

wildfiya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I have been doing a bit of research and the Flamingo seems to be best suited for what I am looking for. My main concern is that I am reading a lot of recent bad reviews due to the noise coming from the Cromwell. I do like to party but when I get to my room late at night I want to have a good nights sleep. Not to hear music and feel vibrations till 4 am from a hotel next door. How bad is the noise and what side of the hotel mostly hears the noise from the Cromwell? If I am a light sleeper and cherish a nice quiet hotel for sleep should I avoid the Flamingo all together? I do carry a small fan for background noise when I travel but the fan would not drown out base and vibrations.

2. Doughy

Doughy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stay away from the south side and you should be ok IMO...

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just dont face the cromwell, the have a map at check in so u can look at where ur room is, also music from the pool in the afternoon at flamingo

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still, you are running that risk though, even if you ask to be on a certain side... who knows if they will have availability. Best bet would be to not have a strip view.

5. wildfiya

wildfiya Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok thanks! I am going the weekend of Sept 13-14 and all the hotels were not giving promos or deals and rooms were oddly high. Doing some research it seems to be when Floyd Mayweather fights. His fight is not "officially" announced yet tho. How packed does Vegas get for a fight? I am hoping they will have rooms to upgrade since I am a TR member and will be doing the $20 sandwich. I don't mind facing the pool so I don't hear Cromwell noise at night since I will be probably be at the pool partying as well :) Does a Mayweather fight have vegas hotels fully booked?

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its a zoo , its the biggest thing out here, nite clubs and pools will be packed

7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the Cromwell construction done?

8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tahoejoe2 - yes, it is complete but I think they are talking about the noise from the nightclub...Drai's...

9. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've also had noise with strip view room at North west corner. Probably Margaritaville. Not enough to keep me awake (alcohol may be contributing factor lol).
    I've had rooms with a pool view that were clean and quiet. Room was clean...elevator not so much but I can live with that.
    Tim

10. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine the Cromwell noise will be heard along the south side of the hotel, and we've always tried to get a quieter pool view.. The trouble is, those rooms now will be considered to be 'High Roller' view rooms, so will demand a premium price and may not be available at all to lower comped players like myself. Hmmmmm......

11. ex507

ex507 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if you just get a regular, non high roller non strip view room? I think that gives you the best chance to choose where your room is located. As far as i know flamingo does not have any rooms with super shitty views unless youre on floor 4 or something low like that. Request not facing south and if needed you can always upgrade at check-in!

Just my 0,02$...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.